Stefan Struve was taken for a ride by pat barry at UFC Live 6. | File Photo: Sherdog.com

Stefan Struve found redemption Saturday night, rebounding from a brutal knockout loss in his last contest to submit Pat Barry in the second round at UFC Live 6.

Following his dramatic victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., Struve revealed his elation and relief to UFC.com.

“I'm so happy. I’m thrilled. After that last fight, this is really good,” said Struve. “I still think I should have won that fight [against Travis Browne], and I lost.”

The pace was deliberate during the first round of the heavyweight co-main event, with both men landing only one strike at a time. However, Barry found a home for his dangerous right leg, cracking low kicks into Struve’s lead appendage. Though his left leg was black and blue by the end of the contest, Struve was proud of his performance in the standup exchanges.

“I showed some good standup against one of the best kickboxers in the game, so it’s really good. We were working really hard on using my reach better with the different kicks and punches, and it worked to keep him at bay,” said Struve. “[My leg] hurts, but I know what the pain is like. I’ve been kickboxing since I was 14 years old with some of the best in the world, so I’m used to the pain.”

In the second stanza, Struve took the fight to the floor. Closing the distance on his much shorter opponent and fishing for a series of submissions.

“I searched for the takedown once. He's a strong and stocky guy, so it didn't work, but I got him to the ground with a guillotine,” Struve explained. “I tried a D’Arce choke first but went back to the guillotine and tried to flip him over. He went with me and took side control, and I used my long limbs to [recover guard] and get a triangle.”

Once “The Skyscraper” latched onto the choke, he did not relent. Barry did his best to free himself by doing his best Quinton Jackson impression, hoisting Struve above his head and slamming him to the canvas with a powerbomb. Though there was only one place to go once Barry muscled him high into the air, Struve asserts that at no point did he consider abandoning the hold.

“I’m not letting go when I get it on,” said Struve. “Hell no.”

UFC Fight Night 81 results: Dominick Cruz regains title with split over T.J. Dillashaw

BOSTON – Dominick Cruz didn’t lose his bantamweight title in the cage and T.J. Dillashaw needed to beat him to prove that he was the true champion. Unfortunately for Dillashaw, Cruz returned in his o read news >>

Dominick Cruz's win, like his comeback, a testament to resilience and resolve

Dominick Cruz didn’t dominate T.J. Dillashaw to reclaim the UFC bantamweight title that he never technically lost, but after all he’s been through, maybe that’s the most fitting way for Cruz to burst read news >>

Urijah Faber: Dillashaw got manipulated, can't foresee return to Team Alpha Male

BOSTON – Urijah Faber didn’t want to come to Boston to see live the UFC bantamweight title fight between T.J. Dillashaw and Dominick Cruz. He was there because he got paid – sort of.Filed under: Feat read news >>

Conor McGregor has caught the ire of Fabricio Werdum (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Werdum has found success all over the world, so when McGregor criticized Rafael dos Anjos for moving to the United States, Werdum could only laugh and shake his head. read news >>

Conor McGregor has caught the ire of Fabricio Werdum (Yahoo Sports)

How a couple of eyepokes changed Matt Mitrione’s career plans (spoiler: they didn’t)

UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione expects to undergo surgery Monday for an orbital blowout fracture he suffered from a Travis Browne punch at UFC Fight Night 81.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 18 results: Randy Brown outworks Matt Dwyer for decision win

NEWARK, N.J. – Randy Brown didn’t exactly blow away the competition in his UFC debut, but when pushed to the limit by Matt Dwyer, the much-hyped prospect did just enough to win in a very close fight. read news >>

Fighter reactions to Sage Northcutt's UFC on FOX 18 loss were harsh to say the least

Sage Northcutt’s fellow fighters didn’t hesitate to kick him while he was down after the 19-year-old suffered the first defeat of his career on Saturday at UFC on FOX 18.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC newcomer Randy Brown 'can't wait to do it again'

NEWARK, N.J. – Randy Brown didn’t quite make the same impact as the man who blazed the trail he took to the UFC, Sage Northcutt, but “Rude Boy” said he felt comfortable in his win and is ready to go read news >>

Out of nowhere, has Johny Hendricks found himself in a fight he can't afford to lose?

With everything that’s happened in recent months, you could almost forget that Johny Hendricks is a fighter coming off a win and right on the verge of another title shot. Against Stephen Thompson, it read news >>