Stefan Struve was taken for a ride by pat barry at UFC Live 6. | File Photo: Sherdog.com

Stefan Struve found redemption Saturday night, rebounding from a brutal knockout loss in his last contest to submit Pat Barry in the second round at UFC Live 6.

Following his dramatic victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., Struve revealed his elation and relief to UFC.com.

“I'm so happy. I’m thrilled. After that last fight, this is really good,” said Struve. “I still think I should have won that fight [against Travis Browne], and I lost.”

The pace was deliberate during the first round of the heavyweight co-main event, with both men landing only one strike at a time. However, Barry found a home for his dangerous right leg, cracking low kicks into Struve’s lead appendage. Though his left leg was black and blue by the end of the contest, Struve was proud of his performance in the standup exchanges.

“I showed some good standup against one of the best kickboxers in the game, so it’s really good. We were working really hard on using my reach better with the different kicks and punches, and it worked to keep him at bay,” said Struve. “[My leg] hurts, but I know what the pain is like. I’ve been kickboxing since I was 14 years old with some of the best in the world, so I’m used to the pain.”

In the second stanza, Struve took the fight to the floor. Closing the distance on his much shorter opponent and fishing for a series of submissions.

“I searched for the takedown once. He's a strong and stocky guy, so it didn't work, but I got him to the ground with a guillotine,” Struve explained. “I tried a D’Arce choke first but went back to the guillotine and tried to flip him over. He went with me and took side control, and I used my long limbs to [recover guard] and get a triangle.”

Once “The Skyscraper” latched onto the choke, he did not relent. Barry did his best to free himself by doing his best Quinton Jackson impression, hoisting Struve above his head and slamming him to the canvas with a powerbomb. Though there was only one place to go once Barry muscled him high into the air, Struve asserts that at no point did he consider abandoning the hold.

“I’m not letting go when I get it on,” said Struve. “Hell no.”

UFC Rotterdam Video: Stefan Struve – Training in Holland

Stefan Struve trained in Holland in preparation for his fight against Antonio Silva at UFC Rotterdam. Struve is looking to get back to his winning ways. read news >>

Veteran Fighter Blas Avena Found Dead, Police Suspect Suicide

Thirty-two-year-old mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found deceased in his apartment. Police are investigating his passing as a possible suicide. read news >>

Blas Avena, Former MMA Fighter, Dies at Age 32

Former Bellator and WEC mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found dead at the age of 32 in his Las Vegas apartment just before noon PT on Wednesday, per TMZ Sports. The Las Vegas Metro Police Departm read news >>

UFC Fight Night 87 Results: Stefan Struve Scores a Quick KO, Pays Tribute to Fallen Teammate

Stefan Struve showed his might at UFC Fight Night 87, taking out Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva. read news >>

UFC Rotterdam Fight Highlights: Bigfoot Silva vs. Stefan Struve

Watch the fight highlights from the UFC Fight Night 87 co-main event bout between Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva and Stefan Struve. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 87 Fighter Bonuses: Stefan Struve’s 15-Second KO Leads the Charge

Stefan Struve's 15-second victory over Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva led the charge on the UFC Fight Night 87 fighter bonuses. read news >>

Struve storms to victory against 'Bigfoot'

Stefan Struve stole the UFC Fight Night Rotterdam main event show, knocking out Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva in 15 seconds. Earlier, Gunnar Nelson, Germaine de Randamie, Nikita Krylov and Karolina Kowalki read news >>

Stefan Struve Honors the Late Jordan Parsons in UFC Rotterdam Octagon Interview (Video)

Stefan Struve picked up a big win over Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, but used much of his post-fight interview to honor fallen teammate Jordan Parsons. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

With his back against the wall, Trujillo has found new life

Abel Trujillo was on a losing skid and knew he had to find a way to win in his last fight. So he listened to a coach who told him he had to start getting comfortable in the uncomfortable and now he's read news >>