Stephan Bonnar Retiring from MMA


Stephan Bonnar UFC 139It appears Stephan Bonnar‘s days in the UFC Octagon have come to an end.

According to UFC President Dana White, following his last fight at UFC 153 in Brazil, Bonnar has decided to call it a career.

Speaking to fans during a Metro PCS chat, White revealed that the former Ultimate Fighter season 1 finalist has decided to retire after his loss to Anderson Silva in October.

“Yes, Bonnar will be retiring now,” said White.

If Bonnar’s days in the UFC are indeed done he walks away with an 8-7 record inside the Octagon, including his iconic fight against Forrest Griffin at the Ultimate Fighter 1 finale that is still regarded as one of the greatest fights in MMA history.

Bonnar had been contemplating retirement prior to his last bout as he was only gunning for a major fight if he returned. He got that chance facing Anderson Silva at UFC 153, but the fight ended with Bonnar defeated by TKO in the opening round.

Following the fight, Bonnar flew home with UFC President Dana White to get home in time for the birth of his first child.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

  • 28 days ago
  • 245 views

According to Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White, just because Chris Weidman won’t be fighting at UFC 184 in Los Angeles, that does not mean Vitor Belfort won’t be also. read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 9 views

UFC president Dana White on Thursday inextricably linked Nick Diaz to the Seattle Seahawks. read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 7 views

Three weeks ago, UFC president Dana White said that Anderson Silva would get a title shot with a win over Nick Diaz. Silva doesn't seem to agree. On January 7th, Dana White declared that Anderson Sil read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 15 views

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White stated that should Anderson Silva defeat Nick Diaz this weekend (Sat., Jan. 31, 2015) at UFC 183 in Las Vegas, Nevada, the Brazilian bomber w read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 3 views

Hey, remember when UFC President Dana White said Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz was a dumb idea and would never happen? We can file that away next to "pay-per-view (PPV) price hike is a one-time thing" read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 22 views

After Kelvin Gastelum and John Lineker missed weight on Friday, UFC president Dana White said that neither will get another chance. They have to move up a weight class. read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 4 views

UFC President Dana White wants to make sure that Kelvin Gastelum and John Lineker never have issues cutting weight again. read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 6 views

Ultimate Fighting Championship has been scrambling to find someone to fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 184 next month, but apparently “The Phenom” is being picky. read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 5 views

UFC President Dana White said his phone started ringing as soon as middleweight champion Chris Weidman (12-0 MMA, 8-0 UFC) withdrew from next month’s UFC 184. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>