Despite rumors to the contrary, Melvin Guillard will not be returning to train at Jackson’s Mixed Martial Arts.

The UFC lightweight recently announced via Twitter that he has left the Blackzilians and has rejoined the Albuquerque, N.M.-based team.

“I’m no longer a Blackzilian. I went back to where I belong [at] Jackson’s,” Guillard wrote.

However, a source close to the situation confirmed to Sherdog.com on Monday that the fighter known as “The Young Assassin” will not be granted access to train with the renowned camp, which he once called home for more than a year and a half. Jackson’s MMA currently houses a bevy of 155-pound talent, from “Fight of the Night” staple Donald Cerrone to up-and-coming Russian prospect Rustam Khabilov. Guillard, meanwhile, has lost four of his last five fights.

Guillard arguably achieved his greatest success under the guidance of Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn, winning five consecutive fights in the Octagon after joining the team prior to facing Ronys Torres at UFC 109. During that stint, the Louisiana native earned notable victories over Evan Dunham, Jeremy Stephens and Shane Roller.

However, Guillard began to split time between Jackson’s and the Blackzilians before his matchup with Joe Lauzon at UFC 136.

“Until it presents a problem as far as my coaching goes, then I’ll deal with it when it comes,” Guillard told Sherdog.com in 2011. “I’m my own boss; my coaches work for me, so it’s whatever I choose that I want to do to be successful in this game. I’m going to take those options.”

Guillard made the transition to the Florida-based camp official following his loss to Lauzon, and he has remained there through his most recent outing, a split-decision defeat to Jamie Varner at UFC 155. Guillard does not currently have a bout scheduled with the Las Vegas-based promotion.

From Around the Web

Bellator 139 slated for June 26 in Kansas

Bellator MMA returns to Mulvane, Kansas on June 26, 2015 with Bellator 139, a source within the promotion confirmed to MMAFighting.com on Tuesday. The event airs live on Spike TV and takes place at t read news >>

What Romero's exit and Camozzi's return tell us about MMA logic, for better and worse

Fallout from the UFC’s announcement that Chris Camozzi would step in for an injured Yoel Romero to rematch Ronaldo Souza followed a predictable arc. It’s one that has something to teach us about the read news >>

The MMA Hour - 277 - Phillippe Nover

TUF 8 finalist Phillipe Nover will talk about returning to the UFC after an eight-year hiatus. read news >>

How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Rampage rant, Pacquiao and Rousey, Baby Mamas

The week's most interesting bits from the MMA and UFC twitter world. A few updates on what's been going on in the MMA & UFC Twitterverse -- There's a ton of tweets below, but first, don't forget to f read news >>

Report: Phil Davis eyeing move to Bellator

Grinding light-heavyweight contender Phil Davis could be heading to Bellator as MMAFighting have confirmed recent Twitter rumors insinuating of a departure from the UFC's mainstage. After Phil Davis' read news >>

Fight Path: Joaquin Buckley finds support from new family at Finney's MMA gym

When Joaquin Buckley left high school, he was ready to grow up quickly.Filed under: News read news >>

Ronda Rousey on Bethe Correia: ‘I don’t just want to defeat her; I want her to leave that arena embarrassed’

The rumors were made official on Friday: the next defense of Ronda Rousey's UFC women's bantamweight title will go down in Rio de Janeiro at UFC 190. Securing the golden ticket to fight Rousey this t read news >>

Undefeated Lightweight Kurt Kinser Ready to Show Titan FC What He’s Got

Undefeated lightweight prospect Kurt Kinser is ready to show Titan FC and the rest of the MMA world what he's got. read news >>

Titan FC 33: Green vs. Holobaugh results and live discussion

Craving some Friday night MMA? Titan Fighting Championships has you covered with four title fights tonight in Mobile, Alabama. Titan Fighting Championships hits Alabama for their biggest event to dat read news >>