Sherdog.com confirmed Friday with a source close to the Singapore-based promotion that Korean talent Soo Chul Kim will rematch Brazilian-born competitor Leandro Issa at One FC 6 for the promotion's inaugural bantamweight championship.

Dubbed “Rise of Kings,” the event takes place Oct. 6 at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore. The pay-per-view event will feature two more to-be-announced title fights, as well as a lightweight showdown between former Dream champion Shinya Aoki and Arnaud Lepont.

Issa and Kim previously met at One FC’s debut event roughly one year ago, with Issa walking away from “Champion vs. Champion” with a unanimous decision. Since that time, Issa, 28, has competed just once, taking a unanimous decision from former Deep and Cage Rage champion Masakazu Imanari at One FC 4 in June. Now living in Singapore and training at Evolve MMA, “Brodinho” rides a seven-fight winning streak heading into his rematch with Kim.

Just 20 years old, Kim has already competed 10 times as a professional, racking up a 4-1 record to start his career before running into Issa in his One FC foray. Two more defeats would then follow for the Korean, who was quickly submitted by Gustavo Falciroli and then outpointed by Jae Hoon Moon to begin 2012. The Team Force representative rebounded with a pair of wins, however, most recently snatching a unanimous verdict from URCC champion Kevin Belingon on Aug. 31 at One FC 5.

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

VIDEO: Michael Bisping Calls Out Luke Rockhold, Says He Turned Down Jacare

  • 20 days ago
  • 33 views

Michael Bisping, who eventually got the call, said his "source very close to the UFC" told him that Luke Rockhold turned down a fight with Jacare Souza. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Confirmed to Return at UFC 200

  • 19 days ago
  • 26 views

The rumors are no longer rumors, former heavyweight champion and WWE superstar Brock Lesnar is returning to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. read news >>

WWE Confirms Brock Lesnar Still Under Contract, Despite UFC 200 “One-Off Opportunity”

  • 19 days ago
  • 15 views

WWE on Saturday night confirmed that Brock Lesnar remains under contract, despite a "one-off" return to the Octagon at UFC 200. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Lifetime Ban of Ariel Helwani for Brock Lesnar Report

  • 18 days ago
  • 1985 views

UFC President Dana White confirmed that longtime MMA journalist Ariel Helwani has been banned from receiving press credentials after breaking the news on two huge fights without contacting the promot read news >>

Kevin “Kimbo Slice’ Ferguson Dead at 42

  • 17 days ago
  • 796 views

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson has passed away in a Florida hospital. Bellator MMA president Scott Coker confirmed the news on Monday evening. He was 42. read news >>

Kimbo Slice, MMA Fighter, Dies at Age 42

  • 17 days ago
  • 17 views

MMA fighter Kimbo Slice—birth name Kevin Ferguson—died on Monday at the age of 42. TMZ Sports confirmed he died but said “details surrounding [Slice’s] death are unclear.” Jonathan Snowden of Bleache read news >>

Fighters React to the Death of ‘Kimbo Slice’

  • 17 days ago
  • 84 views

The news of Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson's death was a shock to many when it was confirmed on Monday that the popular mixed martial artist had passed away in a South Florida hospital. read news >>