Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 48 event in Macau has a late change to the fight card.
Welterweight Shinsho Anzai (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has replaced injured Sheldon Westcott (8-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and now meets undefeated Alberto Mina (10-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
UFC officials recently made the change to the card, and Anzai acknowledged his late-notice UFC-debut bout on Twitter.
UFC Fight Night 48 takes place at The Venetian Macao’s CotaiArena in Macau. The entire event streams on UFC Fight Pass with a 6:30 a.m. ET (3:30 a.m. PT) start time.
Anzai, a 28-year-old Japanese fighter and Pancrase vet, carries a six-fight winning streak into his promotional debut. The five-year vet most recently earned a first-round TKO victory over Ryo Kawamura in June. It marked Anzai’s sixth knockout in eight career wins.
Mina also makes his promotional debut after a planned March bout at the TUF China Finale was scrapped when opponent Zak Cummings came in eight pounds heavy for the fight. Mina, who was paid how show money and win bonus anyway, is a 32-year-old Brazilian who owns 10 stoppages (four knockouts and six submissions) in 10 career wins.
The full UFC Fight Night 48 lineup now includes:
MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 9 a.m. ET)
- Michael Bisping vs. Cung Le
- Dong Hyun Kim vs. Tyron Woodley
- Zhang Lipeng vs. Brendan O’Reilly
- Ning Guangyou vs. Jianping Yang – “TUF: China” featherweight tourney final
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 a.m. ET)
- Danny Mitchell vs. Wang Sai
- Shinsho Anzai vs. Alberto Mina
- Roland Delorme vs. Yuta Sasaki
- Wang Anying vs. Colby Covington
- Milana Dudieva vs. Elizabeth Phillips
- Royston Wee vs. Yao Zhikui
For more on UFC Fight Night 48, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Alberto Mina)