From everything UFC president Dana White has said so far, The Ultimate Fighter 16 will be one of the most interesting installments of the reality show produced.

The reports have slowly leaked, as the show comes closer to its debut date on Sept. 14, that tensions ran high between coaches Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson, as well as between Roy Nelson and Dana White himself.

There’s definitely no love lost between Carwin and Nelson, who have quietly jabbed at each other in the past through the press and through social networking sites like Twitter.

Now as they head into the show, Carwin admits there’s always been an uneasy tension between he and Nelson, and he’s sure it’s going to come into play.

“I think we hold ourselves as two different people,” Carwin told MMAWeekly Radio. “Roy’s a great fighter, don’t get me wrong, very talented; could he be more talented? I think so. If he took things more serious.”

Carwin’s view on Nelson is apparently shared by White, who has spoken out on numerous occasions about Nelson’s weight and appearance as he heads into fights.

“Listen, he’s a tough guy with a ton of heart. He goes in there and he gives it his everything. My thing is, I’ve always said to him, I’d love to see you take this thing seriously and rip off some weight,” said White in March of this year. “When you’ve got a chin like that and a heart like that, you can’t deny the guy’s got a great chin, a ton of heart and he can knock people out. If he really could get to 205, he’d be a force at 205. He’d be a scary dude. He’s got great wrestling, awesome submissions, great chin, a ton of heart, and has knockout power.

“Who knows what Roy Nelson could really achieve if he applied himself.”

Carwin also believes that Nelson’s approach of being the “every man” in terms of not walking around with six-pack abs and ripped muscles is essentially not telling the whole story in terms of how he relates to who is actually the “average man” in America.

“I think the other tension is that I am this average guy and I’ve worked my ass off to get to where I’m at. I started working when I was 15. My mom raised three boys on her own and we were very poor. I grew up working construction and concrete work and threw boxes at the beef plant. I did everything just to try to survive,” Carwin stated.

“He plays this like he’s this average guy and, honestly, I don’t think the guy’s ever had a normal job.”

While Carwin’s forte has never been to trash talk or verbally go after an opponent before a fight, spending six weeks with Roy Nelson might change his approach a bit. Carwin readily admits he’s as fierce as any fighter in the world when it comes to competition, and he might just end up showing a new level of fire when facing off with Nelson on The Ultimate Fighter.

“When it comes to competing, I’m overly competitive and that’s my goal,” said Carwin.

“The whole point of the show for me is these fighters. The guys that end up on my team, I’m going to try to show them a professional route, becoming the best that they can be, not only in fighting but in life. That’s my goal to show these guys.”

For more news and rumors follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

Dana White Explains Ronda Rousey's UFC 207 Media Blackout | MMAWeekly.com

So how did Ronda Rousey get away with her UFC 207 Media Blackout? UFC president Dana White explains. read news >>

UFC boss explains why Ronda Rousey was allowed to skip media – and insists it's a one-time deal

LAS VEGAS – “Where’s Ronda?” is the most popular game in Sin City this week, as the UFC’s best-known female superstar has found a way to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time.Filed under: Featur read news >>

Mom: 'Average person' just can't understand how much winning means to Ronda Rousey

Every athlete deserves – and probably needs – a mom like Dr. AnnMaria De Mars.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 207's Tim Means explains bizarre no-contest, tears into media for 'tearing down' fighters

LAS VEGAS – Tim Means is pleading ignorance for the illegal knees that brought about a bizarre no-contest in Friday’s UFC 207 curtain-jerker.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Edmond Tarverdyan Coaching Philosophy: Be Great at Everything, Not Average (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey's coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, prior to his charge's fight at UFC 193, laid out his philosophy on coaching. read news >>

Bryan Caraway Explains Injury That Forced Him Out of UFC Phoenix Bout | MMAWeekly.com

Fifth-ranked bantamweight Bryan Caraway details the injury that forced him out of his scheduled bout at next week's UFC Fight Night 103 in Phoenix. read news >>

Garbrandt's head coach explains key to beating Cruz

It didn’t take much time into the opening round between Cody Garbrandt and Dominick Cruz for Team Alpha Male head coach Justin Buchholz to know the fight was swinging in favor of the challenger. read news >>

Oh, just your average interview with Bellator 170's Chael Sonnen – with one small exception

In case you haven’t noticed, Chael Sonnen likes to poke fun at the dreadfully self-serious Tito Ortiz. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Tyron Woodley Explains His Comments About Racism in MMA (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley on Thursday addressed comments he made about racism in sports in a previous interview. read news >>

Stephen Thompson Doesn't Understand Tyron Woodley's Complaints (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Welterweight title contender Stephen Thompson says he doesn't understand Tyron Woodley and explains why he walked out carrying an American flag at UFC 205. read news >>