But to be fair, I probably would have done likewise.

If you stick your finger in Chael Sonnen's mouth during the course of a wrestling match, he will bite it.

That's according to the "shady" UFC Tonight co-host, who weighed in on the recent kerfuffle involving Uruguayan soccer star Luis Suarez, who was banned for nine games (and four months) by FIFA for biting an opponent during the World Cup on Wednesday.

His words:

"Lets start with what happened on the soccer field. To bite someone in the course of battle at least somehow makes some kind of sense. To walk up behind a guy and just bite into his shoulder is just a very weird thing to do. I've never experienced it in the Octagon, but I have experienced it in wrestling matches. I'll be quite honest, I've been on both sides of it. That's right. I'm very shady. Now, they stuck their finger in my mouth. He put his finger in my mouth and was trying to give me the old fishhook, so I gave him just a little, gentle bite to let him know, 'I will chomp on this thing should you not remove your finger.' Shady."

Erik Perez should have thought of that.

I don't expect there to be any digits at play in the upcoming Metamoris 4 jui-jitsu tournament, where Sonnen faces off against grappling guru Andre Galvao (more on that here), but it would probably be in the Brazilian's best interests to preserve his fingers for after the match.

That middle one might come in handy.

Jon Jones Warned by Dana White over Future as Chael Sonnen Queries UFC Sanction

UFC President Dana White has admitted Jon Jones has "got some work to do" after being suspended by the organisation for his part in an alleged hit-and-run accident that left a pregnant woman with a b read news >>

Chael Sonnen on Jon Jones: 'You either cut the guy completely or shut up'

Chael Sonnen doesn't agree with the UFC's decision of simply taking away Jon Jones' belt. He believes something more drastic should've been done or nothing at all. Most people think the decision to s read news >>

Randa Markos admits Aisling Daly's pre-fight comments 'bothered' her

MONTREAL -- Randa Markos, who defeated Aisling Daly via unanimous decision at UFC 186, discusses her performance, the strawweight division, if she's in the mix for a title shot, when she wants to fig read news >>

These Two Soccer Players Should Stop Fighting and Stick to Soccer

Fighting isn't for everyone, including these two soccer players. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre says a WWE crossover would be 'an honor,' admits he was a wrestling fanboy

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight kingpin Georges St-Pierre admitted today (Fri., April 24, 2015) at the UFC 186 Fight Club Q & A (replay here) that he was a massive World Wres read news >>

Lyoto Machida admits he was 'out' against Luke Rockhold, 'couldn't hear' after second round massacre

I think most mixed martial arts (MMA) fans already knew that Lyoto Machida was in trouble after the first round of his fight against Luke Rockhold (watch it), which took place last weekend (April 18, read news >>

Rampage Jackson: I don’t see you earning no living like you earn in the UFC

Former UFC light-heavyweight champion Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson admits that no other promotion can offer the sort of living that the UFC could. read news >>

UFC 186's Michael Bisping: 'Terrified' C.B. Dollaway is just 'turning up for the paycheck'

MONTREAL – Michael Bisping admits he needs pre-fight banter to heighten his intensity for competition. When UFC 186 opponent C.B. Dollaway hinted that he’d like to force “The Count” into retirement, read news >>

UFC 186 Rampage Jackson Scrum Video: Admits Injunction was Big Distraction

Rampage Jackson met with the media on Thursday, admitting his recent court battles over a Bellator injunction request being a sizable distraction. read news >>