Petruzelli will not compete Friday night at Bellator
68 due to illness.
“The Silverback” tweeted news of his withdrawal from the event just
hours before he was set to collide with Carmelo Morrero at Caesars
Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, N.J.
“Guys, I have unbelievable news. The doc wouldn't clear me to
fight,” Petruzelli wrote. “I have been feeling sick for the past
week but haven't told anyone. When the doc checked me, he said he
heard wheezing and fluid in my lungs. [I] got a second doc for
another opinion, and he said same thing. I am so sorry. I feel like
I'm in a nightmare.”
Petruzelli’s bout with Morrero was slated to appear on the main
draw, but the MTV2 broadcast will now instead feature a lightweight
attraction between Marcin Held
Kennington, according to promotion officials.
A four-time UFC veteran, Petruzelli has not fought since August of
last year, when he punched out one-time UFC heavyweight champion
Rodriguez at Bellator 48. The 32-year-old is best known for
handing brawler Kevin
Ferguson his first pro defeat, knocking out “Kimbo Slice” in
just 14 seconds at EliteXC “Heat” in 2008.