Sara McMann does not understand the hate surrounding her opponent. | Photo: Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Ultimate Fighting Championship women’s bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey has not won over many fans since she coached opposite Miesha Tate on “The Ultimate Fighter 18” and then refused to shake the hand of her defeated archrival at UFC 168.

Sara McMann, Rousey’s challenger in the UFC 170 main event on Saturday in Las Vegas, has been taken aback by some of the champion’s critics.

“I think people are getting way, way, way too worked up about her personality,” she told Sherdog.com. “Some people are treating it like they hate her. I’m like, ‘Really? There are people in this world who you should hate and there are pedophiles or people who beat up old people and take their money. There are some rotten, despicable people who are orchestrating genocides in other countries, and yes, if you’re going to hate anyone, then by all means, hate them; but really to hate a girl just because what she says aggravates you?’ I just don’t think it’s worthy of hate. It’s someone that you wouldn’t invite to your Christmas party, but worthy of hate? I don’t see it. I mean, I just think that it’s so blown out of proportion.”

McMann, who will enter the Octagon as a heavy underdog despite a perfect 7-0 professional record, does not feel any additional pressure to defeat Rousey because of those who dislike her.

“Truthfully, I wouldn’t count those people on my side as much as I would count them against Ronda,” she said. “If you’re a fan of me, it’s because you have seen my fights and you like the way that I fight. If you just want her to get beat, I don’t feel like you’re a fan of mine. I feel like you’re someone who has a preference that somebody loses.”

Although media attention swirls around Rousey, McMann wants to maintain focus on herself.

“I’m very much a worry-about-yourself kind of girl,” she said. “That also comes from my wrestling background. You can’t control anyone else’s conditioning, their strength, their speed or whatever. You’re wasting your time sitting around thinking about all these things that they’re doing or not doing, even the things they’re doing to their detriment.

“In wrestling, we’d say, ‘Oh, this girl goes out and parties, and this girl’s not doing this right, she’s not eating right,’ but then that girl would beat you, so really those things that you’re thinking about didn’t even matter,” McMann added. “Focus on what you can control, which is yourself and your own growth and how you compete. That’s all you can control.”

Miesha Tate Has ‘Unfinished Business,’ Wants Ronda Rousey Next

UFC bantamweight champion Miesha Tate and former titleholder Ronda Rousey have quite the history, dating back to before either were in the UFC. read news >>

UFC on FOX 19's Bethe Correia: Media turned me into villain against Ronda Rousey

Bethe Correia hasn’t stepped in the UFC’s famed octagon since this past August when her dreams of becoming UFC champion were dashed at the hands of Ronda Rousey in on 34 seconds.Filed under: News, UF read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's Comeback Fight, Holly Holm

UFC President Dana White confirmed Sunday that Ronda Rousey will have a chance to win back the UFC women's bantamweight title when she steps into the Octagon again. White discussed Rousey's immediate read news >>

Dana White Guarantees Ronda Rousey ‘Will Fight Whoever Has the Belt’ in UFC Return

We don't know when or where Ronda Rousey will make her UFC return, but Dana White guarantees she'll get a title shot when she does. read news >>

UFC 197 Countdown: Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo

Wrestling gold medalist Henry Cejudo looks to dethrone dominant flyweight titleholder Demetrious Johnson. read news >>

Emotional Travis Browne Says He and Ronda Rousey Saved Each Other Amidst Dark Times (Video)

Travis Browne talked about some tough times, defending himself against false accusations, and how he and Ronda Rousey helped each other through murky waters. read news >>

Ronda Rousey: ‘I Need to Come Back, and I Need to Win’ (Video)

Former UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is determined to return better than ever and recapture her status as the queen of the 135-pound division. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Reportedly Agrees to 3-Movie Deal with Lifetime Network

UFC superstar Ronda Rousey reportedly reached an agreement with the Lifetime Network on a three-picture movie deal with a focus on empowerment projects. Denise Petski of Deadline first reported the n read news >>

Jon Jones: ‘Outside of Me, Daniel Cormier is the Next Best Thing’

Interim light heavyweight titleholder Jon Jones says champion Daniel Cormier is 'the next best thing' in the 205-pound division. read news >>

#ThrowbackThursday: Remember When Steven Seagal was a Thing in MMA?

Remember when Steven Seagal didn't Ronda Rousey from Adam, but wanted to train Daniel Cormier? read news >>