Olympic wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann recently joined the UFC, and she believes Ronda Rousey deserves some credit for the opportunity.

Ahead of her transition to the sport’s biggest promotion, McMann joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show to discuss Rousey, possible opponents and much more.

On whether she expects to fight Alexis Davis in her debut: “I talked to my manager, and he doesn’t seem to think that Alexis is going to be my opponent, or at least they haven’t said anything about that yet. That’s what I thought. When I talked to my manager, I thought maybe that’s why they presented us both as signing with the UFC instead of where they introduced Cat [Zingano] and Miesha [Tate] as against each other. The fact that they introduced us as just having been signed, maybe we’re going to fight other people. I don’t know.”

On fans on the Internet saying she didn’t want to fight Ronda Rousey: “Did the Internet, did they give you any mention of I wasn’t asked? Or Miesha Tate apparently wasn’t asked either? Because that’s also another part of the story. … It’s kind of silly because I’m going to fight every single one of those girls. Everyone that’s at the 135-pound weight class, I will be fighting. It just really doesn’t matter the order.”

On Rousey getting so much attention: “I don’t care. If you couldn’t tell by the way that I present myself, I’m not exactly striving for the limelight. I don’t mind it as much, but I really am more sports-oriented. I just like to be great at what I do and I want to beat everybody. That’s more my focus. I’m not uncomfortable with being in the limelight, but I’m definitely not seeking it out. If other people want that and that’s good for them, then it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.”

On whether it actually helps that Rousey gets so much attention: “Absolutely. I may not always agree with the things that I hear she does and says, but every girl in the division owes her a thank you for us getting carried into the UFC. Dana White literally said she’s the reason why we’re in. The stuff that she’s done has made all of our boats float a little bit higher in that respect.”

On training with Marcelo Garcia: “It was a humbling experience working with Marcelo Garcia. He’s just phenomenal. He’s one of the most phenomenal athletes I’ve ever been around, and I used to live at the Olympic Training Center.”

On her development: “I consider three and a half years still fairly new at a sport, considering I did wrestling for like 16 years before that. I think that really, the fighter I’m going to be is kind of unfolding to me. I don’t know exactly what things I’m always going to take to and what things are going to go really well with my style. Sometimes I’m really surprised at things that come really natural in training.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 55:59).

Ronda Rousey’s Mom Blasts Coach Again, Calling Him an ‘Idiot and a Fraud’

Ronda Rousey's mother, Dr. AnnMaria De Mars, recently discussed her daughter's head coach, calling him an "idiot and a fraud." read news >>

Champ 'Cyborg' Justino: 5 Invicta fights left, still hope of facing Ronda Rousey

For Invicta FC featherweight champ Cristiane Justino, the prospect of a fight with ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey still looms, though not as strongly as before. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Holly Holm's Head Coach Hopes Ronda Rousey Has the Guts for Rematch at UFC 200

The possible Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey rematch at UFC 200 is still very much in play. And the champ's coach, Mike Winkeljohn, hopes Rousey has the guts to step up for the rematch. In an interview w read news >>

The Comeback: Nate Diaz lashes out, 'Cyborg' still hopes for Ronda Rousey

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Monday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Bella read news >>

Holly Holm%26#x2019;s striking coach wonders if Ronda Rousey has the %26#x2018;guts%26#x2019; for a rematch (Yahoo Sport

From Yahoo Sports: Mike Winkeljohn knows how big a rematch will be, he just isn’t sure if Rousey will want one. read news >>

Reader’s Choice 2015 Upset of the Year: Holly Holm’s UFC 193 Knockout of Ronda Rousey

The Upset of the Year category generated the most one-sided voting out of all the 2015 Reader’s Choice Award nominations. The winner brought in 76-percent of the votes. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Unlikely to Fight at UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey will not fight at UFC 200 as previously planned because of scheduling commitments related to her movie career. According to UFC President Dana Wh read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey won’t rematch champ Holly Holm at UFC 200

The real reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm’s next fight is against Miesha Tate is because ex-champ Ronda Rousey’s schedule changed, according to UFC President Dana White. Filed unde read news >>

Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb joins recently announced UFC 197 lineup

March’s UFC 197 lineup, which already features a championship doubleheader, is shaping up to be a good one.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>