Olympic wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann recently joined the UFC, and she believes Ronda Rousey deserves some credit for the opportunity.

Ahead of her transition to the sport’s biggest promotion, McMann joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show to discuss Rousey, possible opponents and much more.

On whether she expects to fight Alexis Davis in her debut: “I talked to my manager, and he doesn’t seem to think that Alexis is going to be my opponent, or at least they haven’t said anything about that yet. That’s what I thought. When I talked to my manager, I thought maybe that’s why they presented us both as signing with the UFC instead of where they introduced Cat [Zingano] and Miesha [Tate] as against each other. The fact that they introduced us as just having been signed, maybe we’re going to fight other people. I don’t know.”

On fans on the Internet saying she didn’t want to fight Ronda Rousey: “Did the Internet, did they give you any mention of I wasn’t asked? Or Miesha Tate apparently wasn’t asked either? Because that’s also another part of the story. … It’s kind of silly because I’m going to fight every single one of those girls. Everyone that’s at the 135-pound weight class, I will be fighting. It just really doesn’t matter the order.”

On Rousey getting so much attention: “I don’t care. If you couldn’t tell by the way that I present myself, I’m not exactly striving for the limelight. I don’t mind it as much, but I really am more sports-oriented. I just like to be great at what I do and I want to beat everybody. That’s more my focus. I’m not uncomfortable with being in the limelight, but I’m definitely not seeking it out. If other people want that and that’s good for them, then it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.”

On whether it actually helps that Rousey gets so much attention: “Absolutely. I may not always agree with the things that I hear she does and says, but every girl in the division owes her a thank you for us getting carried into the UFC. Dana White literally said she’s the reason why we’re in. The stuff that she’s done has made all of our boats float a little bit higher in that respect.”

On training with Marcelo Garcia: “It was a humbling experience working with Marcelo Garcia. He’s just phenomenal. He’s one of the most phenomenal athletes I’ve ever been around, and I used to live at the Olympic Training Center.”

On her development: “I consider three and a half years still fairly new at a sport, considering I did wrestling for like 16 years before that. I think that really, the fighter I’m going to be is kind of unfolding to me. I don’t know exactly what things I’m always going to take to and what things are going to go really well with my style. Sometimes I’m really surprised at things that come really natural in training.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 55:59).

Ronda Rousey’s Mom Blasts Coach Again, Calling Him an ‘Idiot and a Fraud’

Ronda Rousey's mother, Dr. AnnMaria De Mars, recently discussed her daughter's head coach, calling him an "idiot and a fraud." read news >>

Dana White Video: Ronda Rousey is the Biggest Star in the UFC, Bigger than Conor McGregor

Despite losing to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November, UFC president Dana White says that "Ronda Rousey is still the biggst star in the UFC." read news >>

Ronda Rousey to star in 'Do Nothing B-tches" movie with Tina Fey

Ronda Rousey caused a stir ahead of her bout with Bethe Correia at UFC 190 in Brazil when an episode of “UFC Embedded” featured the star giving her thoughts on a specific type of woman she detests.Fi read news >>

Ronda Rousey and Tina Fey Making 'Do Nothing Bitches' Film?

Ronda Rousey may have endured quite the beating at the hands of Holly Holm at UFC 193, but Hollywood has never stopped treating her like a star. According to Deadline.com, a pitch has been made to Un read news >>

UFC champ Holly Holm signs endorsement deal with illegal supplement maker

Holly Holm, whose victory over Ronda Rousey turned her into one of the UFC’s most visible fighters, has signed an endorsement deal with a supplement maker that sells products banned from the UFC and read news >>

Should Holly Holm have waited for Ronda Rousey rematch? Fellow fighters discuss

BOSTON – UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm will soon attempt her first title defense, but it won’t be against Ronda Rousey. Is that the right move?Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Holly Holm Rematch and Discussions over Next Fight

Ronda Rousey has denied rumours she is planning to retire from MMA and insisted she will fight Holly Holm again in 2016. The former UFC women's bantamweight champion lost her title and her unbeaten r read news >>

Ronda Rousey targets Holly Holm rematch in 2016: 'That's what I want to do'

It won’t happen at UFC 200 in July, but Ronda Rousey wants her championship rematch with women’s bantamweight titleholder Holly Holm to take place before the year is out. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey Not Going Away, Plans to Fight Holly Holm Later This Year

For those that question Ronda Rousey's resiliency, no, she's not going away anytime soon. In fact, she intends to return to the Octagon later this year. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Holly Holm Rematch and Discussions over Next Fight

Ronda Rousey has denied rumours she is planning to retire from MMA and insisted she will fight Holly Holm again in 2016. The former UFC women's bantamweight champion lost her title and her unbeaten r read news >>