Olympic wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann recently joined the UFC, and she believes Ronda Rousey deserves some credit for the opportunity.

Ahead of her transition to the sport’s biggest promotion, McMann joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show to discuss Rousey, possible opponents and much more.

On whether she expects to fight Alexis Davis in her debut: “I talked to my manager, and he doesn’t seem to think that Alexis is going to be my opponent, or at least they haven’t said anything about that yet. That’s what I thought. When I talked to my manager, I thought maybe that’s why they presented us both as signing with the UFC instead of where they introduced Cat [Zingano] and Miesha [Tate] as against each other. The fact that they introduced us as just having been signed, maybe we’re going to fight other people. I don’t know.”

On fans on the Internet saying she didn’t want to fight Ronda Rousey: “Did the Internet, did they give you any mention of I wasn’t asked? Or Miesha Tate apparently wasn’t asked either? Because that’s also another part of the story. … It’s kind of silly because I’m going to fight every single one of those girls. Everyone that’s at the 135-pound weight class, I will be fighting. It just really doesn’t matter the order.”

On Rousey getting so much attention: “I don’t care. If you couldn’t tell by the way that I present myself, I’m not exactly striving for the limelight. I don’t mind it as much, but I really am more sports-oriented. I just like to be great at what I do and I want to beat everybody. That’s more my focus. I’m not uncomfortable with being in the limelight, but I’m definitely not seeking it out. If other people want that and that’s good for them, then it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.”

On whether it actually helps that Rousey gets so much attention: “Absolutely. I may not always agree with the things that I hear she does and says, but every girl in the division owes her a thank you for us getting carried into the UFC. Dana White literally said she’s the reason why we’re in. The stuff that she’s done has made all of our boats float a little bit higher in that respect.”

On training with Marcelo Garcia: “It was a humbling experience working with Marcelo Garcia. He’s just phenomenal. He’s one of the most phenomenal athletes I’ve ever been around, and I used to live at the Olympic Training Center.”

On her development: “I consider three and a half years still fairly new at a sport, considering I did wrestling for like 16 years before that. I think that really, the fighter I’m going to be is kind of unfolding to me. I don’t know exactly what things I’m always going to take to and what things are going to go really well with my style. Sometimes I’m really surprised at things that come really natural in training.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 55:59).

Oscar De La Hoya says he's discussed a Ronda Rousey boxing debut

Boxing magazine “The Ring” recently released their January cover featuring Ronda Rousey and asking if she could conquer boxing as she has done with MMA. Oscar De La Hoya would like to be a part of th read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Olympic Conqueror, Edith Bosch, Says She'd Like to Punch UFC Star

Three-time Olympic judo medallist Edith Bosch has revealed that UFC superstar Ronda Rousey has always been a rowdy competitor and used to disrupt weigh-ins when she was plying her trade on the judo c read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Comments on Ronda Rousey's Ring Magazine Cover

Ronda Rousey recently became the first woman to grace the cover of Ring Magazine, but retired boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. used the historic accomplishment as an avenue to comment on the state of boxin read news >>

Surprise! Floyd Mayweather Says Ronda Rousey is Bad for Boxing

Surprise, surprise.... recently retired boxer Floyd Mayweather is not happy about UFC champ Ronda Rousey being on the cover of boxing's The Ring magazine. read news >>

How Henry Cejudo went from sleeping on floors to UFC contention (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: The Olympic gold medalist and UFC flyweight contender has the right perspective after a harsh upbringing. read news >>

How Henry Cejudo went from sleeping on floors to UFC contention (Yahoo Sports)

UFC Fight Night 78 Results: Henry Cejudo Wins, Ready to Add UFC Gold to Olympic Gold

Olympic Gold Medalist Henry Cejudo bested No. 3 ranked flyweight Jussier Formiga at UFC Monterrey, and now wants to add some new gold to his collection. read news >>

Oscar De La Hoya Wants to Promote Ronda Rousey's Potential Boxing Career

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey stated this week that her future athletic goals extend beyond the octagon, including a potential foray into boxing. If that happens, former world champi read news >>

Ben Rothwell Calls Nick Diaz’s Five-Year Suspension for Marijuana ‘Absurd’

Ben Rothwell recently became the latest fighter to express his outrage over Nick Diaz's "absurd" five-year suspension for testing positive to marijuana. read news >>

The Ronda Rousey Fame Machine Will Eat Her Alive (Or Die Trying)

You don't have to listen too closely to understand the pressure Ronda Rousey faces down on an everyday basis, that she is feeling and living, that she cannot escape. It was obviously self-reflective read news >>