Olympic wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann recently joined the UFC, and she believes Ronda Rousey deserves some credit for the opportunity.

Ahead of her transition to the sport’s biggest promotion, McMann joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show to discuss Rousey, possible opponents and much more.

On whether she expects to fight Alexis Davis in her debut: “I talked to my manager, and he doesn’t seem to think that Alexis is going to be my opponent, or at least they haven’t said anything about that yet. That’s what I thought. When I talked to my manager, I thought maybe that’s why they presented us both as signing with the UFC instead of where they introduced Cat [Zingano] and Miesha [Tate] as against each other. The fact that they introduced us as just having been signed, maybe we’re going to fight other people. I don’t know.”

On fans on the Internet saying she didn’t want to fight Ronda Rousey: “Did the Internet, did they give you any mention of I wasn’t asked? Or Miesha Tate apparently wasn’t asked either? Because that’s also another part of the story. … It’s kind of silly because I’m going to fight every single one of those girls. Everyone that’s at the 135-pound weight class, I will be fighting. It just really doesn’t matter the order.”

On Rousey getting so much attention: “I don’t care. If you couldn’t tell by the way that I present myself, I’m not exactly striving for the limelight. I don’t mind it as much, but I really am more sports-oriented. I just like to be great at what I do and I want to beat everybody. That’s more my focus. I’m not uncomfortable with being in the limelight, but I’m definitely not seeking it out. If other people want that and that’s good for them, then it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.”

On whether it actually helps that Rousey gets so much attention: “Absolutely. I may not always agree with the things that I hear she does and says, but every girl in the division owes her a thank you for us getting carried into the UFC. Dana White literally said she’s the reason why we’re in. The stuff that she’s done has made all of our boats float a little bit higher in that respect.”

On training with Marcelo Garcia: “It was a humbling experience working with Marcelo Garcia. He’s just phenomenal. He’s one of the most phenomenal athletes I’ve ever been around, and I used to live at the Olympic Training Center.”

On her development: “I consider three and a half years still fairly new at a sport, considering I did wrestling for like 16 years before that. I think that really, the fighter I’m going to be is kind of unfolding to me. I don’t know exactly what things I’m always going to take to and what things are going to go really well with my style. Sometimes I’m really surprised at things that come really natural in training.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 55:59).

Dana White: Ronda Rousey makes over $3M a year in sponsorship

UFC president, Dana White told Jim Rome recently that Ronda Rousey is making over $3M a year in sponsorship money. UFC women's bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey has been all over the place in the l read news >>

The Unbreakable Ronda Rousey: ‘Will Fight for Frappaccino’

SI goes behind the scenes with "The Unbreakable Ronda Rousey," a candid, behind-the-scenes look at the rise of the UFC champ. read news >>

Bethe Correia regrets suicide comments: ‘I was just showing [Rousey's] weak psychology for sports’

• a day ago

GOIANIA, Brazil -- Bethe Correia asked Ronda Rousey for forgiveness after a controversial suicide comment, and explained why she said that in the first place. Correia originally said in a scrum with read news >>

UFC 190: Bethe Correia won't 'surrender' to Ronda Rousey like Vitor Belfort did against Chris Weidman

• 9 hours ago

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight No. 1 contender, Bethe Correia, has been earning headlines with her trash talk towards UFC champ Ronda Rousey, but it hasn't gone all that we read news >>

WSOF announces trio of Russian signings, including unbeatens Vagabov and Bibulatov

WSOF has inked Russian imports Vagab Vagabov, Magomed Bibulatov and Magomed Magomedov, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Video: Ronda Rousey on HBO Real Sports (Preview)

HBO Real Sports is bringing Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rouseyback to the show, and host Jon Frankel catches up with "Rowdy" to discuss the state of her m read news >>

Can muay Thai create its own Ronda Rousey? Lion Fight 22's Tiffany Van Soest discusses

UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey helped get women’s MMA to the next level and opened the octagon door for female fighters. Could muay Thai develop a similar star?Filed under: Featured V read news >>

Anderson Silva Decries Detractors, ‘I’m Not a Cheater’

Having enough of the naysayers, Anderson Silva took to his Instragram account recently to declare, "I'm not a cheater." read news >>

UFC champ Ronda Rousey named 'most dominant athlete alive'

Not fighter, ATHLETE. Deal with it. Floyd Mayweather Jr.? Nope, "Money" came up short at No. 14. How about Usain Bolt? Sorry, the world's fastest man wasn't quick enough to get past No. 5. No, the ti read news >>

Sara McMann issues open challenge to any woman in the UFC to fight her in July

• a day ago

Sara McMann is taking a pro-wrestling angle and making it into a real thing. The UFC women's bantamweight contender is issuing an open challenge to any woman in her weight class in the UFC to accept read news >>