Sally Krumdiack - Invicta FCHaving alternated wins and losses in her last six fights, women’s 115-pound fighter “Slick” Sally Krumdiack is looking to get back on track and find some consistency, especially after her most recent loss.

At Invicta FC 1 this past April, Krumdiack started off strong against Sarah Schneider before succumbing to a triangle armbar halfway through the first round of their fight.

“There were a couple of things I could have done, but I feel like I just got caught,” said Krumdiack. “One of her three punches cut my nose and that was quite distracting. Even though it didn’t hurt, it was just distracting to have that much blood pouring from my face because it’s never happened before.

“Once we got to the ground and once she had my arm pinned, I couldn’t get it out. If we played it again, it could go either way again. I’m not discounting myself thinking I did horrible that night.”

Krumdiack will have an opportunity to rebound on Saturday night at CageSport 20 in Tacoma, Wash., against Patricia Virdonic.

“She comes out hard and I’ve heard she’s super strong,” said Krumdiack of Virdonic. “Nothing’s really clean or crisp, and it’s nothing I haven’t faced before, so it’s nothing that I should be scared of. I don’t have to look out for certain things.

“She likes to be on the cage and so do I. It should be a lot of meeting each other in the cage, I have a feeling.”

It’s that cage work that Krumdiack told MMAWeekly.com could very well be the key to the fight.

“I’d been working a lot on my wrestling up against the cage and my takedown defense because she likes to do takedowns off the cage and use pressure,” said Krumdiack.

A win over Virdonic could help Krumdiack return to Invicta. She had such a positive experience there last time; she’d like to return to the promotion.

“That fight experience was awesome from start to finish,” she said. “I thought that if their show went off as well as everything else, they would go far.

“As far as I heard they had an amazing amount of viewers. It went very smoothly. There were no hitches in the show and it’s cool to see that in a woman’s event. I would love to fight on their card again and I hope my loss doesn’t make them not want me.”

If the opportunity to return to Invicta doesn’t come sooner than later, Krumdiack is fine with that. She intends to keep her course and do things her way, regardless of what others may feel is a quicker path towards stardom.

“I don’t have a big desire to be on TV, that’s not my thing,” she said. “I like being on the spotlight, but I don’t have a big mouth like a lot of these fighters and I’m not marketable in that way. If that’s what they’re looking for, they’re not going to see it from me.”

(Photo courtesy of Invicta FC)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

From Around the Web

Co-main event Roxanne Modafferi vs. Vanessa Porto, two other fights added to Invicta FC 12

Roxanne Modafferi will attempt to continue her career resurgence next month. The women's MMA legend meets Vanessa Porto in the co-main event of Invicta FC 12 on April 24 in Kansas City, the promotion read news >>

Invicta FC 12 card finalized, tickets on sale

• 11 hours ago

The full card for Invicta FC 12 has been finalized with a total of 10 fights announced for the April 24 event.Filed under: News read news >>

UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano post-fight analysis - Fights to make for main card fighters

UFC 184 is in the books and so is the month of February. So what's next for last night's main card fighters? Mookie Alexander plays fantasy matchmaker in "Fights to Make". UFC 184 was ravaged with in read news >>

UFC 184 Results: 3 Fights for Cat Zingano to Take Next

It’s fair to say that Cat Zingano didn’t put on the performance of her career at UFC 184. Hurling herself at Ronda Rousey from the opening bell was a novel strategy, but it turned out to be as effect read news >>

UFC 184: 5 Fights for Tony Ferguson

The UFC's lightweight division is filled with men who are poised to make a charge at the current title holder, Anthony Pettis. Tony Ferguson is in such a position. After an impressive win at UFC 184, read news >>

Dana White: Holly Holm 'needs a couple more fights,' Ronda Rousey 'taking a break' for new film

Former professional boxing champion Holly Holm went the distance for just the second time in her mixed martial arts (MMA) career, tallying a split-decision victory in her Octagon debut over Raquel Pe read news >>

UFC 184: Results and Reactions from Saturday's Biggest Fights

What else is there to say about Ronda Rousey? She is clearly in a league of her own after she took just 14 seconds to record a submission victory over Cat Zingano and defend her bantamweight title at read news >>

UFC 184 results: Ronda Rousey submits Cat Zingano in 14 seconds

Women's Bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey, returned to the Octagon tonight (Sat., Feb. 28, 2015) to defend her 135-pound crown against No. 1-ranked division contender, Cat Zingano, in the main even read news >>

He said what!? The fighter reactions to UFC 184

All the best reactions from UFC fighters on Twitter, during UFC 184. The fights are over and Ronda Rousey is still bantamweight champion. But, how did we get here. The UFC roster was watching and the read news >>