Sally Krumdiack - Invicta FCHaving alternated wins and losses in her last six fights, women’s 115-pound fighter “Slick” Sally Krumdiack is looking to get back on track and find some consistency, especially after her most recent loss.

At Invicta FC 1 this past April, Krumdiack started off strong against Sarah Schneider before succumbing to a triangle armbar halfway through the first round of their fight.

“There were a couple of things I could have done, but I feel like I just got caught,” said Krumdiack. “One of her three punches cut my nose and that was quite distracting. Even though it didn’t hurt, it was just distracting to have that much blood pouring from my face because it’s never happened before.

“Once we got to the ground and once she had my arm pinned, I couldn’t get it out. If we played it again, it could go either way again. I’m not discounting myself thinking I did horrible that night.”

Krumdiack will have an opportunity to rebound on Saturday night at CageSport 20 in Tacoma, Wash., against Patricia Virdonic.

“She comes out hard and I’ve heard she’s super strong,” said Krumdiack of Virdonic. “Nothing’s really clean or crisp, and it’s nothing I haven’t faced before, so it’s nothing that I should be scared of. I don’t have to look out for certain things.

“She likes to be on the cage and so do I. It should be a lot of meeting each other in the cage, I have a feeling.”

It’s that cage work that Krumdiack told MMAWeekly.com could very well be the key to the fight.

“I’d been working a lot on my wrestling up against the cage and my takedown defense because she likes to do takedowns off the cage and use pressure,” said Krumdiack.

A win over Virdonic could help Krumdiack return to Invicta. She had such a positive experience there last time; she’d like to return to the promotion.

“That fight experience was awesome from start to finish,” she said. “I thought that if their show went off as well as everything else, they would go far.

“As far as I heard they had an amazing amount of viewers. It went very smoothly. There were no hitches in the show and it’s cool to see that in a woman’s event. I would love to fight on their card again and I hope my loss doesn’t make them not want me.”

If the opportunity to return to Invicta doesn’t come sooner than later, Krumdiack is fine with that. She intends to keep her course and do things her way, regardless of what others may feel is a quicker path towards stardom.

“I don’t have a big desire to be on TV, that’s not my thing,” she said. “I like being on the spotlight, but I don’t have a big mouth like a lot of these fighters and I’m not marketable in that way. If that’s what they’re looking for, they’re not going to see it from me.”

(Photo courtesy of Invicta FC)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

From Around the Web

Invicta FC 12 weigh-in video

At the Invicta FC 12 weigh-ins, all 18 fighters taking part in Friday night's Invicta FC 12 fights will step on the scale Thursday evening, and we'll have the live video here at MMAFighting.com.In th read news >>

Invicta FC 12 live discussion & quick results

The Invicta Strawweight title is on the line tonight on UFC Fight Pass as Livia Renata Souza challenges champ Katja Kankaanpaa. Join the discussion at Bloody Elbow. Strawweight champion Katja Kankaap read news >>

UFC fight bookings roundup - 4/2 – 4/9/15

The UFC has booked another slew of fights over the last week. Here is a quick rundown of what they put together. Since the UFC has decided to produce 50+ events in 2015, there is a remarkable amount read news >>

Dustin Poirier makes quick return, fights Yancy Medeiros at UFC Fight Night 68 on June 6 in New Orleans

Suspension? What suspension? Less than a week after plastering Carlos Diego Ferreira at UFC Fight Night 63 in Fairfax, Virginia, revitalized lightweight standout Dustin Poirier will return to his old read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 'Prelims' preview and predictions, Pt 2

More fights are coming to Fight Pass only this weekend (Sat., April 11, 2015) when UFC Fight Night 64: “Gonzaga vs. CroCop 2” kicks off from Krakow Arena in Krakow, Poland. MMAmania.com's Patrick Stu read news >>

Gabriel Gonzaga: Eight Years Later

It was the year everything changed for Gabriel Gonzaga. Whether he wins another 20 fights or loses another 20, he will always know that if not for a singular moment in April of 2007, none of it would read news >>

Glory 20: The five fights I want to see after Glory 20

What is next for the winners at Glory 20? Here's a look at what I hope to see coming up. This past weekend saw Glory in action with Glory 20. The event held in Dubai featured the crowning of Gabriel read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 'Prelims' preview and predictions, Pt 1

UFC Fight Night 67 adds two fights, including Ryan Jimmo vs. Francimar Barroso

The card for the UFC’s return to Goias, Brazil continues to come together with the announcement of two more fights for UFC Fight Night 67.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>