Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

UFC Fight Night 69 discussion thread

BERLIN – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 69 event at O2 World Berlin in Germany’s capital city. You can discuss the event inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 9

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 9 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

Jose Aldo hoping for 'wonderful' pre-fight brawl with Conor McGregor

With the "World Tour" now firmly behind him, Jose Aldo is practically salivating at the idea of getting his hands on Conor McGregor for a pre-UFC 189 brawl. Trouble may be coming for Dana White, Dave read news >>

Twitter reacts to Eddie Alvarez's victory over Gilbert Melendez at UFC 188

After years of back-and-forth discussion about which fighter is better, Eddie Alvarez finally proved he is superior to Gilbert Melendez when he scored a split decision victory in UFC 188’s co-main ev read news >>

UFC 188: Velasquez vs. Werdum live results, play by play and discussion of the main card

Top-to-bottom coverage of the UFC 188 pay-per-view including live play by play and results of the heavyweight unification title fight between Cain Velasquez and Fabricio Werdum, plus a lightweight bo read news >>

UFC 188: Velasquez vs. Werdum live results, play by play and discussion for preliminary card

Top-to-bottom coverage of the UFC 188 pay-per-view including live play by play and results of the preliminary card, capped off with a flyweight clash between Henry Cejudo and Zach Makovsky. Join us t read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 8

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 8 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 discussion thread

NEW ORLEANS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 68 event at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. You can discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 188 discussion thread

MEXICO CITY – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Saturday’s UFC 188 event at Mexico City Arena in Mexico City. You can discuss the event inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

WSOF 21: Palmer vs. Horodecki results, discussion, and live video stream

Bloody Elbow is the place to be for coverage and live video streaming of World Series of Fighting 21 tonight in Edmonton, Alberta. MMA fans who need their fight fix on Friday night can look to World read news >>