Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

From Around the Web

UFC 185 discussion thread

DALLAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Saturday’s UFC 185 event at American Airlines Center in Dallas. You can discuss the event inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 185: 'Improved' Alistair Overeem hoping to knockout Roy Nelson, 'but it takes two to tango'

Personally, I don't think he'll have much trouble getting "Big Country" to engage in a stand-up war. Roy Nelson suffered the first knockout (KO) loss of his mixed martial arts (MMA) career after his read news >>

UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos live results, discussion, play by play (prelims)

Live results and detailed coverage for the Fight Pass and FX Channel preliminary cards of tonight's UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos event. Join us tonight on Bloody Elbow for live results and in-depth read news >>

UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos live results, discussion, play by play (PPV)

Live results and detailed coverage for the pay-per-view portion of tonight's UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos fight card. Join us tonight on Bloody Elbow for live results and in-depth play by play as th read news >>

UFC Fight Night 62 discussion thread

RIO DE JANEIRO – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 62 event at Maracanazinho Gymnasium in Rio de Janeiro. You can discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 62: Maia vs. LaFlare live results, discussion, play by play

Live fight results from tonight's UFC event in Brazil featuring Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare. Join us tonight on Bloody Elbow for live results, detailed play-by-play and spirited discussion as the UF read news >>

The MMA Beat on Brock Lesnar, the UFC 189 World Tour, Hector Lombard, UFC 186

The latest edition of The MMA Beat features a panelist discussion on the UFC 189 World Tour event, Brock Lesnar's decision to leave the UFC behind, as well as the state of the promotion's upcoming PP read news >>

Tecia Torres looking to prove she's more than just a striker at UFC 188

Tecia Torres was hoping to fight one of the few strawweights ranked above her, but got Angela Hill at UFC 188 instead.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 discussion thread

FAIRFAX, Va. – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 63 event at Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va. You can discuss the event inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>