Ryan Healy Hoping a Win at Score FS 7 Could Propel Him into UFC Discussion

• submit to reddit

Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman spoke with members of the media regarding a variety of topics, including the UFC 175 main event, how he feels fighting an opponent not named Anderson Silva, as well as why he hopes to et a ‘clean win’ this time. more

The worldwide leader for mixed martial arts and UFC news, MMA News, UFC Rumors, MMA Rankings, Interviews, Videos, UFC Results, and UFC Blog more

Not only is Ronda Rousey the biggest star in women's MMA, but it can also be argued that she is the biggest star in MMA as a whole. With that in mind, a victory over Alexis Davis at UFC 175 is paramount in terms of continuing the growth of her division.
Rousey is a perfect 9-0, and she will put the UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship on the line Saturday night. Rousey is a heavy favorite due largely to her devastating armbar, but Davis poses an interesting challenge with her jiu-jitsu backgrou more

Shortly after Chris Weidman's win at UFC 175 Vitor Belfort calls him out and says the champ shouldn't "run away" from him.
It didn't take long before Vitor Belfort started calling out Chris Weidman. Shortly after defeating Lyoto Machida in a thrilling 5-round battle at UFC 175, the Phenom immediately took to social media to demand for his title shot.
Related: UFC 175 results: Fights to make next Now I want what I deserve, MY TITIE SHOT!!! Don't run away!! No excuses!! Agora eu quero o q eu… http more

LAS VEGAS – Kevin Lee put up a good fight while on his feet, but his wrestling was far more effective in shutting down opponent Jesse Ronson.Filed under: News, UFC more

Combate Americas, the upstart MMA promotion started by UFC co-creator Campbell McLaren, will be featured on Friday’s edition of Forbes’ “SportsMoney.”Filed under: News, Videos more

ATLANTIC CITY – Gleison Tibau had to know he was in for a full night of work against a career grinder like Pat Healy, and he evidently came prepared.Filed under: News, UFC more

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – MMAjunkie lead staff reporter John Morgan gives his instant reaction to Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night 45 main event between lightweights Donald Cerrone and Jim Miller. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos more

Watch the fight club Q&A with Forrest Griffin, Cub Swanson, Luke Barnatt, Jimi Manuwa, and Eddie Gordon, hosted by Andy Frielandher, streaming live on Friday at Noon ET/9 a.m. PT. more