Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

NAC hearing for Nick Diaz and Rousimar Palhares live discussion & updates

The Nevada Athletic Commission will be live on Fight Pass today at 12 PM ET to address the drug test failure of Nick Diaz, as well as Rousimar Palhares' latest submission holding controversy. Christm read news >>

Listen: Submission Radio w/ Chael Sonnen, Andrei Arlovski, Kirik Jenness

This week, Submission Radio chat withs Chael Sonnen, Andrei Arlovski and have a roundtable discussion with The Underground's Kirik Jenness about Dana White saving Miesha Tate's career, if Fedor is to read news >>

Invicta FC 14: Evinger vs. Kianzad live results and discussion

Invicta FC 14: Evinger vs. Kianzad takes place in Kansas City, Missouri tonight on Fight Pass starting at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. Bloody Elbow is your place to discuss all of tonight's action. There isn't a read news >>

Claudia Gadleha still nursing hand injury, hoping for February return

The no. 1 ranked strawweight contender Claudia Gadelha is still on the mend from an injured finger, and won't be ready to fight for another five months. As reported on UFC Tonight on Wednesday, Gadel read news >>

UFC Announces the Bantamweight Title Fight We've All Been Hoping for

The UFC has chosen the next challenger for TJ Dillashaw's bantamweight crown...and it's an interesting, albeit unsurprising, choice. On January 17 at UFC Fight Night 81, Dillashaw will take on former read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter: McGregor vs. Faber episode 1 discussion

Tune in tonight for the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter season 22, as coaches Conor McGregor and Urijah Faber look to lead their men to victory. In the immortal words of Michael Buffer: "It's.... TI read news >>

How does Floyd Mayweather view Ronda Rousey? 'He doesn't'

If Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather is still a topic of public discussion, it's not due to any work or interest on Floyd's part says Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe. When it comes down to read news >>

Conor McGregor feels he is 'eye to eye' with Floyd Mayweather

The brash UFC champion adds more fuel to the Rousey vs Mayweather discussion by comparing his accomplishments to those of the boxing superstar when he was his age. The MMA vs boxing discussion is a v read news >>

UFC 191: Johnson vs. Dodson 2 live results, play by play, discussion (PPV)

Live blow-by-blow coverage of the UFC 191 main card, which stars flyweight champion Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson in a rematch against John "The Magician" Dodson. Join us tonight on Bloody Elbow read news >>

UFC 191: Johnson vs. Dodson 2 live results, play by play, discussion (prelims)

Live and thorough coverage of the UFC 191 preliminary bouts on Fox Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass. Join us tonight on Bloody Elbow for live results and detailed play-by-play as the UFC 191: Johnson vs. read news >>