Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

PBC on Spike TV: Amir Khan vs. Chris Algieri live results and discussion

• 21 hours ago

Get instant results and discuss Friday night's live Premier Boxing Champions fight card on Spike TV, which features Amir Khan against Chris Algieri in the main event. With the potential for being the read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 5

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 5 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

For UFC 193, Melbourne stadium and arena on hold; Wright hoping for title fight

Tom Wright is optimistic about the UFC’s November return to Australia, a country that, according to the UFC executive, consistently “punches above its weight.”Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

Alistair Overeem still hoping for Junior Dos Santos, expects next assignment to come any day

Alistair Overeem is a busy, busy man, so to say he's waiting for the phone to ring wouldn't exactly be fair. That said, he is looking forward to receiving his next assignment from the UFC, and he's h read news >>

Lion Fight 22 preview, results, live discussion: Muay Thai live on AXS Friday night

Itching to watch some beautiful combat sports violence? Then tune in Friday night for Lion Fight 22, featuring full rules Muay Thai. Bloody Elbow has full coverage right here, including a preview and read news >>

Canelo vs. Kirkland quick results and live discussion

Join Bloody Elbow for live discussion of tonight's junior middleweight boxing clash between Saul Alvarez and James Kirkland from Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas tonight at 9 PM ET/PT. Boxing still read news >>

T.J. Grant healed and hoping to return to UFC

• an hour ago

The former #1 Lightweight contender has been forced to take a job at a potash mine to support his family while he weighs a come back. The Regina Leader-Post of Saskatchewan, Canada caught up with ex- read news >>

KSW 31: Materla vs. Drwal results and live discussion

KSW 31 takes place this afternoon in Gdansk, Poland, and features a pair of title fights, as well as the return of Mariusz Pudzianowski. Poland's KSW will return for their second event in 2015 on Sat read news >>

Glory 21 kickboxing preview, live streaming results, discussion, live fight online coverage May 8

Get a preview, results, and full fight coverage here for Glory 21 live on Spike TV. Glory 21 featuring Artem Levin vs. Simon Marcus airs live this Friday, May 8. Bloody Elbow has full fight coverage read news >>

McGregor: Haters pay money hoping to see me face down in a pool of my own blood

Irish featherweight superstar, Conor McGregor discusses the extreme spectrum of fans that either love or hate him, his motivation and who shares in his success. In a little over six weeks, UFC fans w read news >>