Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

UFC 207 discussion thread

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Friday’s UFC 207 event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, which kicks off at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT). You can discuss the event here.Filed under: read news >>

UFC 207 discussion thread

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC 207 event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, which kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET (4:30 p.m. PT). You can discuss the event here.Filed un read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 discussion thread

PHOENIX – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 103 event at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, which kicks off at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT). You can discuss the even read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 discussion thread

• a day ago

PHOENIX – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 103 event at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, which kicks off at 6:15 p.m. ET (3:15 p.m. PT). You can discuss the read news >>

Hoping setbacks in past, UFC 209's Todd Duffee doesn't feel like a 31-year-old heavyweight

Being a fighter hasn’t always been the easiest road for Todd Duffee. Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Steven Peterson Hoping to Win LFA Title and Move On to UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Steven Peterson will look to unite his Legacy FC championship with the RFA title held by Leandro Higo to form the first Legacy Fighting Alliance 135-pound title. read news >>

Jimmie Rivera withdraws from UFC Fight Night 103 after picking Marlon Vera over John Dodson

After injury forced Bryan Caraway to withdraw from next week’s UFC Fight Night 103, opponent Jimmie Rivera has now pulled himself from the card, as well.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

BJ Penn's UFC Hall of Fame Speech (Fight Night Phoenix Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out former two-division UFC champion BJ Penn's Hall of Fame speech from July of 2015. He returns to the Octagon at UFC Phoenix on Jan. 15. read news >>

Welcome to the UFC: Drakkar Klose

Some people wear their heart on their sleeve. UFC newcomer Drakkar Klose wears his on his chest in the form of a tattoo that celebrates his home state of Michigan. read news >>

Tony Martin confident after life-changing wake-up call

Fighters are not like the rest of us. UFC lightweight Tony Martin is a prime example as he prepares for his Jan. 15 fight against Alex White at UFC Fight Night Rodriguez vs Penn. read news >>