Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

From Around the Web

Justin Lawrence Defends Title at RFA 25, Hoping a Win Gets Him Back to UFC

RFA featherweight champion Justin Lawrence defends his title for the first time against Sam Toomer on April 10, and hopes a win gets him back in the UFC. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63: Mendes vs. Lamas live results, play by play, discussion

Live results and in-depth play by play for today's UFC fight card from Virginia starring Chad Mendes vs. Ricardo Lamas. Join us on Bloody Elbow for an early afternoon of unarmed combat as UFC Fight N read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 discussion thread

FAIRFAX, Va. – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 63 event at Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va. You can discuss the event inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Stevenson vs Bika boxing preview, live streaming results, discussion, live fight online coverage April 4

Get a preview, results, and full fight coverage here for Adonis Stevenson vs. Sakio Bika live on CBS. PBC Boxing Stevenson vs. Bika airs live this Saturday, April 4. Bloody Elbow has full fight cover read news >>

Beyond the Octagon: Giant-Sized Edition

It was a packed weekend on the regional circuits, featuring Brett Rogers, Jesse Ronson, Jim Wallhead, Mike Kyle, Jeremy Horn, and a scattering of other UFC, Strikeforce, and Bellator veterans. Welcom read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 discussion thread

FAIRFAX, Va. – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 63 event at Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va. You can discuss the event inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

WrestleMania 31 start time, preview and live discussion

Check out a preview for WrestleMania 31 in Santa Clara and discuss the show here. WrestleMania 31 is finally here. The show takes place today in Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA, and while the lead- read news >>

Tecia Torres looking to prove she's more than just a striker at UFC 188

Tecia Torres was hoping to fight one of the few strawweights ranked above her, but got Angela Hill at UFC 188 instead.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

World Series of Fighting 19: Gaethje vs. Palomino results, discussion, and live video stream

Discuss and watch tonight's World Series of Fighting 19 event right here on Bloody Elbow! The main event pits undefeated WSOF LW champion Justin Gaethje taking on Luis Palomino. No UFC tonight? No pr read news >>