Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

After tragedy and injury, Sean Loeffler still hoping for UFC opportunity he earned years ago

Maybe none of it was meant to be. How could you think anything else when looking at the past? Both times Sean Loeffler had an opportunity to make it big in MMA, bad luck struck him and it struck him read news >>

Morning Report: Frankie Edgar hoping to fight in December, but ready to step in for Jose Aldo or Conor McGregor at UFC 1

Frankie Edgar isn't waiting around. The former UFC lightweight champion missed out on stepping in to face Conor McGregor at UFC 189, but he's not letting another opportunity slip by. Featherweight ch read news >>

Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza booked for UFC 194 in December

For the third time, the UFC is hoping to see top middleweight contenders Ronaldo Souza, better known as “Jacare,” and Yoel Romero meet in the octagon.Filed under: News read news >>

Mike Dolce says Ronda Rousey never talks about Cris 'Cyborg' at all: 'Why would we?'

The discussion about a Ronda Rousey vs. Cristiane Justino superfight isn’t going away. But Rousey’s nutritionist says the champ never thinks about “Cyborg” unless asked about her.Filed under: Feature read news >>

NAC hearing for Anderson Silva discussion & updates

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will be live on Fight Pass on August 13th at 11am EST to address Anderson Silva's drug test failure among a host of other topics. The continuation of a major blac read news >>

Heavy Hands 64: The Counter Fighters, and a discussion of Dariush vs Johnson

Connor Ruebusch of http://BloodyElbow.com and Patrick Wyman delve into the mind of a counter fighter and suss out the reasons behind the style, and the techniques that make it beautiful. read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Saint Preux vs. Teixeira live results, play-by-play, and discussion

Bloody Elbow presents live, top-to-bottom coverage of UFC Fight Night: Saint Preux vs. Teixeira from Nashville, TN starting at 6:30 PM ET/3:30 PM PT. The UFC makes its way to Nashville, Tennessee for read news >>

UFC Fight Night 73 discussion thread

NASHVILLE – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 73 event at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. You can discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Glory 23 kickboxing preview, live streaming results, and discussion

Get a preview, results, and full fight coverage here for Glory 23 live on Spike TV. Glory 23 featuring Nieky Holzken vs. Raymond Daniels live in Las Vegas airs live this Friday, August 7. Bloody Elbo read news >>

WSOF 22: Palhares vs. Shields results, discussion, and live video stream

Bloody Elbow is the place to be to watch and discuss tonight's World Series of Fighting 22: Palhares vs. Shields event in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, August 1st at 10:30 PM ET/7:30 PM PT on NBC SN read news >>