Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

UFC 189 post-fight roundtable discussion with Tommy Toe Hold and Dave Meltzer

Submission Radio has released a special UFC 189 post-fight roundtable session with Dave Meltzer and Tommy Toe Hold. read news >>

UFC 189 Opinion: And now, a word (or 725) on Robbie Lawler

UFC 189 is wrapped up and the bulk of the post-fight discussion is centered around Conor McGregor. This editorial has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the man who is the undisputed UF read news >>

TUF 21 Finale discussion thread

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s TUF 21 Finale event at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. You can discuss the event inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 189 discussion thread

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC 189 event at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. You can discuss the event inside.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Invicta FC 13: Cyborg vs. Van Duin live results and discussion

Bloody Elbow is the place to be to discuss tonight's Invicta FC 13: Cyborg vs. Van Duin card, which begins at 11 PM ET/8 PM PT from Las Vegas, Nevada. Why yes, there may be 500 UFC events coming up o read news >>

Travis Browne hoping to land fight against Ben Rothwell next

With the heavyweight landscape changing so rapidly over the last couple of months, the game of calling people out is heating up. And one heavyweight looking to get back on track, Travis Browne, knows read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 12

Join us here tonight for live coverage of episode 12 of The Ultimate Fighter as the latest season sees its conclusion. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. J read news >>

Nick Burgos Puts His Six-Fight Streak on the Line at RFA 27

Hoping to make a quick jump to the UFC, Nick Burgos puts his six-fight winning streak on the line at RFA 27 on Friday night. read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: On Aldo's broken ribs and UFC 189's surprisingly good back-up plan

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, some discussion on Jose Aldo’s ribs and the plan B bout between Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes at UFC 189. Plus, those Reebok “fighter kits” might get mentioned.Filed read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 11

Tonight, live coverage of episode 11 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. Tonight, episode ten of read news >>