Ryan HealyLooking back over his 2012 so far, Ryan “Diamond” Healy sees mostly good, despite going just 1-1 in his two bouts this year.

“I was coming off an injury at the start of the year and then went in and lost a close fight to John Alessio, but it was a good fight for me, I learned a lot,” said Healy. “I found what my style is and where the best areas to take the fight are, and I think I can do that against most guys.

“Against Alessio I learned that and there were a few instances where I should have taken advantage of my position and wrestled him a little more, but I gave him more respect than I should have and backed off.”

Healy took what he learned from his fight against Alessio and picked up a dominating win over Paul Kelly just over a month later.

Healy will look to build a winning streak to end the year on Nov. 23 when he travels to Ontario, Canada to take on Jesse Ronson at Score Fighting Series 7.

“He’s tough, is good in all areas, but I think I match-up with him quite well everywhere. I think I can strike with him, and definitely out-wrestle him and control the ground work,” said Healy of Ronson. “I’m happy to fight wherever it goes.

Interestingly, Ronson has sought the council of the man who beat Healy earlier this year to help develop a game plan for their fight on Nov. 23.

“I don’t really think Alessio can tell him much, to be honest,” said Healy. “All he’d be able to tell (Ronson) is just to try to take me down and lay on me and just hold me and ride it out for the win. It really doesn’t bother me that he’s talking to Alessio.”

Having accomplished just about everything he can at this level of MMA, Healy’s only unfulfilled goal is the one shared by his twin brother Pat, to get to the top promotion and contend for a title.

“A win right here against Ronson, coming off the Paul Kelly win, will at least put me in discussion for the UFC,” said Healy. “With Strikeforce ending, my brother and I have always dreamed of fighting in the UFC at the same time, so hopefully next year will be a great time for both of us to get into the UFC.

“We both want to be world champions. I think we’re still at that age where can still do it and have a few good years left. All of our training has been paying off, so the UFC is the next step and after that is chasing world championships.”

UFC Fight Night 81 discussion thread

BOSTON – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 81 event at TD Garden in Boston. You can discuss the event inside. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 18 discussion thread

NEWARK, N.J. – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Saturday’s UFC on FOX 18 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. You can discuss the event inside.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

On two-fight skid, Diego Ferreira hoping to get career back on track at UFC on FOX 18

After a perfect start to his MMA career, including his first two UFC fights, Diego Ferreira got a pretty stiff dose of reality. Now he’s trying to get back on track. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82 discussion thread

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 82 event at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. You can discuss the event, which kicks off at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. P read news >>

Johny Hendricks hoping 'major lifestyle change' will pay off in Octagon (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Hendricks said he was alarmed after missing weight at UFC 192, so he decided to do something about it. read news >>

Road warrior Nelson eager to get back on track at home

UFC's road warrior Roy Nelson finally returns to USA, and he's hoping to kickstart his title hopes back home in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82 results: Roy Nelson tops Jared Rosholt for first decision win since 2007

LAS VEGAS – Those hoping for heavyweight fireworks didn’t get them from Roy Nelson and Jared Rosholt. They got a largely tentative affair with one fighter worried about the takedown and other concern read news >>