Ryan Ford Rights The Ship With Recent Win Over Pete Spratt


Ryan Ford at MFC 26

Ryan Ford

Expectations have always been high for Ryan “Real Deal” Ford, but he’s not always been able to live up to them.

After picking up four wins in a row, Ford was submitted by Douglas Lima at MFC 26 in September, derailing his rise, albeit temporarily.

Wanting to erase the disappointment of his loss to Lima, Ford wasted no time returning to action at MFC 27, defeating veteran Pete Spratt for the second time.

“It’s good to get back on the winning side,” Ford told MMAWeekly.com after the match. “I’m not really impressed by my whole fight, how it went down, but I got the W and that’s all that matters.”

Usually an aggressive fighter, Ford seemed sluggish in the first round, to which he accounts being overly cerebral early on.

“I was just getting my mind in it right,” said Ford. “In my last fight I had a little bit of a mental issue about thinking about things too much and not just going out and fighting.

“I was worried about getting caught in submissions or bad situations and getting out of them.”

Ford also admits a change in style may have accounted for his initial lack of sharpness.

“I wanted to keep the fight standing, because usually I throw a couple of punches and rush for a takedown; I’m trying to get out of that game and start mixing up my hands and feet,” he commented.

To get him back on track, Ford credits his team for getting on his case in between rounds.
“My corner was getting in my face telling me it was ‘time to go’ and ‘let’s do this,’” said Ford. “It pretty much they fired me up in the second round to come out and get it done.”

Having gone 2-1 in 2010, Ford wants to continue to develop the skills he’s picked up from working with Adam Zugec and the Zuma team in Vancouver, so he can get back to putting together wins.

“I’m back on the winning track to start 2011, and I want to just keep on that winning streak,” he stated.

“I’ve been in the gym every day training and gaining confidence in my hands and my whole ability to work the game out. You’re going to see lots more of me in exciting fights every time I step in the ring or cage.”

Back on a positive route to close out the year, Ford is looking forward to delivering on expectations and rising to the challenges that await him.

“I want to thank everybody for supporting me: Full Tilt Poker, Head Rush, TriStar, Key West Edmonton, Rock Hard Weekend, and everybody else for making it so I can keep doing what I do,” he concluded.

“To the fans out there, keep your eyes out for me. I’m coming in strong every fight. It’s never going to be a boring fight with me; it’s always going to be exciting because I make sure I put on a show for the fans.”

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 22 days ago
  • 4 views

Heavyweight Ben Rothwell talks about his recent win over Alistair Overeem and what's next for him. read news >>

  • 8 days ago
  • 1 views

Rafael dos Anjos wants to win a UFC belt, and there’s some recent evidence to suggest he can make it happen. Filed under: News read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 0 views

Fresh off of a win at King of the Cage, strawweight Amy Cadwell Montenegro is hoping to ride a wave of momentum into a career breakout year in 2015. read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 10 views

GLORY has unlocked all the fights from the recent GLORY 18: RETURN TO GLORY event, which took place on November 7 in Oklahoma City, USA and aired on Spike TV. Watch all five fights from the card for read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 5 views

A major credit rating agency has revised Zuffa’s earnings in 2014 and announced that the company’s earnings are expected to drop 40 percent. Following a difficult year for the UFC, where injuries and read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 0 views

So close, yet so far. Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, now four-fights into his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) career, is going to be sticking around for awhile, after pu read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 0 views

Standard & Poor’s issued a revised rating outlook for Ultimate Fighting Championship parent company Zuffa on Wednesday, and the forecast was not pretty. read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 1 views

Standard & Poor’s issued a revised rating outlook for Ultimate Fighting Championship parent company Zuffa on Wednesday, and the forecast was not pretty. read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 3 views

That's according to Dana White, who says the rival promotion doesn't have the talent to satisfy Lesnar's hunger to fight the best in the world. "Brock Lesnar wouldn't go to Bellator. Brock wants to f read news >>

Jump to: