Anthony Johnson will walk into uncharted territory on Saturday night, when “Rumble” makes his heavyweight debut against former UFC champion Andrei Arlovski in the main event of WSOF 2.

Despite competing heavier than he ever has before, Johnson believes that he will retain all of his explosive attributes when he steps into the World Series of Fighting’s decagon at Revel in Atlantic City, N.J.

“The speed and the power are still there,” Johnson recently said during a media conference call. “I’m still an athlete. I don’t feel like I’m sacrificing anything. Of course, Andrei is a little bit bigger than me, but that’s it.”

A former welterweight, Johnson said he should weigh in at around 235 pounds prior to the main draw contest, which airs live on the NBC Sports Network following the Sherdog.com-streamed preliminary card.

During his time with the UFC, Johnson famously struggled to hit the welterweight limit, missing weight twice before making an ill-fated move to 185 pounds for a showdown with Vitor Belfort last year. “Rumble” again missed weight, coming in at 197 pounds before submitting to a first-round rear-naked choke at the hands of “The Phenom.” Johnson’s UFC release came not long after, and the fighter quickly settled on light heavyweight as his new division, debuting in the WSOF last November with a scintillating first-round knockout of former Bellator talent D.J. Linderman.

Whether he is fighting at 205 pounds or heavyweight, Johnson said he is a much happier man now that cutting large amounts of weight is a thing of the past.

“Even at 205, I wasn’t really worried about a weight cut. With each fight, I just get more and more comfortable with myself and the system of fighting that we have [at the Blackzilians camp]. Not having to cut weight is always a good thing,” said Johnson. “It makes me happier, and I train harder. I’m more focused. When you’re fighting a guy like Andrei Arlovski, you have no choice but to stay focused and to do everything right.”

To prepare for Arlovski, Johnson said he has run the gamut of Blackzilian training partners, sparring with opponents of all shapes and sizes to further sharpen his skills.

“There is no specific person I train with. I train with Alistair [Overeem], Matt Mitrione, Rashad [Evans], Michael Johnson, Danillo [Villefort] and ‘JZ’ [Cavalcante],” said Johnson. “I train with the guys who fight at 125, [with partners who are] smaller than me, faster than me, who can keep me on my toes. I want to get a look from everybody, no matter [whom] I’m fighting.”

Though the Blackzilians have recently experienced a string of defeats, Johnson said his teammates have not allowed the publicized setbacks to affect the squad’s focus, a fact Johnson believes will aid him on fight night.

“The vibe is still great. We don’t worry about what the media [have] to say. We just train and let the cards fall where they may,” said Johnson. “What the media and everybody thinks is the last thing on our minds. We just train and keep doing what we’re told to do, and whatever happens, happens.”

Arlovski taking fight very serious, wants KO

Four months later, Andrei Arlovski is back. Back in the cage and back in the old world, where he is once again set to headline a European city’s UFC debut. This time: Hamburg, Germany on Saturday, Se read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93: Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett Weigh-in Results

UFC Fight Night 93: Arlovski vs. Barnett got the green light, following Friday's weigh-ins in Hamburg, Germany. read news >>

Fight Night Arlovski vs Barnett weigh-in results

UFC Fight Night Hamburg, which is headlined by former UFC heavyweight champs Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett airs live on UFC FIGHT PASS from the Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany on Sept. 3. read news >>

UFC Breakdown: Fight Focus Video – Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett

Former UFC fighter Dan Hardy breaks down all the potential in the main event of UFC Hamburg between Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett, which goes down Saturday. read news >>

Alistair Overeem on Andrei Arlovski: He’s Not Cool with Me at All (Video)

While most fighters in most gyms, you'd think they'd all come together as friends. That's not necessarily so with Alistair Overeem and Andrei Arlovski. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett

Before they clash in the main event of UFC Hamburg on Saturday, hear Joe Rogan breakdown the heavyweight fight between Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett. read news >>

UFC Hamburg Fight Highlights: Josh Barnett and Andrei Arlovski Rock Em, Sock Em Opener

Check out the UFC Fight Night 93 highlights from the main event between Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Results: Josh Barnett Takes Out Andrei Arlovski

Josh Barnett used size to his advantage, getting the better of Andrei Arlovski in a battle of former UFC heavyweight champions at UFC Fight Night 93. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Fighter Bonuses: Barnett and Arlovski Put on Fight of the Night

Josh Barnett and Andrei Arlovski led the charge on the UFC Fight Night 93 post-fight bonuses with their hard-fought headlining battle. read news >>

Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett: Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 93

Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett were in identical positions entering Fight Night 93. Both are former UFC heavyweight champions. Both had late-in-career resurgences after rejoining the UFC. Both are read news >>