Roy Nelson at UFC 146While the 16th season of The Ultimate Fighter is still airing on FX with coaches Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin, their fight has already been changed due to an injury.

Shane Carwin was forced out of his bout against Nelson due to a knee injury, and while it isn’t the first time an Ultimate Fighter coaches fight didn’t end up taking place, it’s always disappointing on some level after months of build up, the reality show airing, and then the fight never happens.

Carwin first injured his knee earlier in the training camp getting ready for Nelson, but pushed through and continued to prepare for their Dec. 15 showdown. Eventually, however, the knee completely gave out and Carwin was forced to withdraw.

“I was thinking, again? This is the second time, not the first time; it’s the second time,” Nelson said about Carwin’s exit from the fight when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio.

The two coaches have gone back and forth on the reality show and on Twitter in the past, which fueled their grudge match headed for the Ultimate Fighter finale, but now it won’t happen in December and there’s no lock it will ever happen in the future either.

“The only time anybody ever talked about Shane was ‘Shane wanted to beat me up so bad.’ Apparently not bad enough,” said Nelson.

As far as revisiting the rivalry at a later point, Nelson will leave that up to the UFC. If they choose to put the two fighters back together in a bout, he’ll worry about Shane Carwin, but for now he’s moved on to his new opponent Matt Mitrione.

Nelson isn’t disappointed he doesn’t get to settle things with Carwin because as soon as he heard the fight changed, his fellow Ultimate Fighter coach was the furthest thing from his mind.

“When someone brought it up, this isn’t the first time it’s like after I’m done fighting Shane, it’s the last time I’ll think of Shane. So I don’t really think of Shane now; the only time is when people bring it up,” said Nelson.

“I moved on to Matt Mitrione.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest on The Ultimate Fighter.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

Roy Nelson on Jones: 'A UFC black suspect hit & ran from accident w/ Drugs N the car'

  • 5 hours ago
  • 18 views

UFC heavyweight veteran Roy Nelson referenced Quinton Jackson's 2008 hit-and-run incident when remarking on the developing Jon Jones' hit-and-run from Sunday. The MMA world is consumed with continuin read news >>

After being pulled from UFC 186, Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson says 'I'm not done yet'

  • 14 days ago
  • 14 views

Quinton Jackson’s (35-11 MMA, 7-5 UFC) fighting future is clouded with uncertainty. But regardless of where or when he competes next, “Rampage” says his career’s not over.Filed under: Bellator, News, read news >>

WSOF 20's Ozzy Dugulubgov: I was prepared for Melvin Guillard to be pulled

  • 17 days ago
  • 0 views

Ozzy Dugulubgov’s demeanor is surprisingly restrained for a fighter who recently missed out on the most noteworthy contest of his entire career. Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

WSOF 20's Ronny Markes pulled for dehydration, Jesse McElligott fills in against David Branch

  • 18 days ago
  • 2 views

An unfortunate last minute change for the World Series of Fighting (WSOF) has once again shaken up its Light Heavyweight tournament. Unable to compete due to what the promotion says is dehydration, R read news >>

'Dehydrated' Ronny Markes pulled from WSOF 20 one day out

  • 18 days ago
  • 0 views

WSOF has had to shake up their card at the last minute... again, after Ronny Markes bowed out of his planned bout with Dave Branch due to severe dehydration. It looks like Ronny Markes has a problem. read news >>

Alistair Overeem: Roy Nelson, His Turnaround and What's Next

  • 20 days ago
  • 105 views

Coming off of his victory over Roy Nelson at UFC 185 last month, Alistair Overeem took some time off to relax and recuperate from the slight damage he sustained in the fight. Overeem spoke with Bleac read news >>

Melvin Guillard pulled from World Series of Fighting 20 after medical no-show

  • 21 days ago
  • 1 views

Not long after complaining that he wanted out of the promotion, Melvin Guillard has been pulled from his upcoming World Series of fighting bout. Thinks aren't going well for former UFC lightweight Me read news >>

Melvin Guillard pulled from WSOF 20 after failing to submit medicals

  • 21 days ago
  • 0 views

Originally scheduled to face Ozzy Dugulubgov in a featured bout at World Series of Fighting (WSOF) 20 on April 10th, "The Young Assassin" Melvin Guillard has been scratched from the card after no one read news >>

Melvin Guillard pulled from Friday's WSOF 20 co-headliner; Dugulubgov meets Montoya

  • 21 days ago
  • 1 views

Just four days from a planned bout with Ozzy Dugulubgov at WSOF 20, Melvin Guillard has been pulled from Friday’s fight card.Filed under: Featured, News, WSOF read news >>