It was only a few weeks ago that former Ultimate Fighter winner Roy Nelson was teasing a potential move down to light heavyweight in conjunction with a Facebook contest.

Nelson had stated in early March that after making a bet with a friend that if he reached 100,000 likes on the Mark Zuckerberg driven social site, that he would make the attempt to cut down to 205 pounds.

The bet was that he would try to cut down to 205 pounds if the numbers reached 100,000-plus in less than two weeks.

Well, it took well less than two weeks for Nelson to reach the plateau, but then just days later it was announced that he would be fighting at UFC 146 in May against Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva in a heavyweight bout.

Despite the matchmaking, is Nelson still ready to follow through with his bet after this fight is over?

“Actually, the ‘likes’, I got like 80,000 in a day, so I like to think I’m well liked, but a lot of people as soon as they found out I was fighting at heavyweight, they didn’t want me to drop down, they wanted me to stay at heavyweight,” Nelson said on Tuesday at the UFC 146 pre-fight press conference.

“I think they just like to see me fight.”

While he didn’t rule out a potential move down to 205lbs in the future, it appears for now the ’round mound of knockout’ will keep banging heads at heavyweight, starting at UFC 146.

“I’ll do like the Chuck Liddell/Randy Couture, I’ll fight at 205 for retirement,” Nelson said.

Nelson faces Silva as part of the main card of an all heavyweight five fight show at UFC 146, headlined by champion Junior Dos Santos making the first defense of his title against top contender Alistair Overeem.

Check out Roy Nelson’s comments at Tuesday’s UFC 146 press conference in Las Vegas…

From Around the Web

Trading Shots: On asking the tough questions and getting tough answers

A reporter asked Jose Aldo about fighter pay and the anti-trust lawsuit, and ended up getting into a tiff with UFC President Dana White. Danny Downes and Ben Fowlkes explore the issue in this week’s read news >>

Former heavyweight Brendan Schaub confirms drop to 205 pounds for next UFC fight

Can "Big Brown" revitalize his MMA career in the light heavyweight division? It is now official, former UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub will be shedding some major weight in order to cut down to the 2 read news >>

Alistair Overeem amazed by Roy Nelson's durability at UFC 185

The former Strikeforce and K-1 champ spoke to Fox News about his UFC 185 win over "Big Country" in Dallas. Alistair Overeeem spoke with Fox Sports after his UFC 185 win over Roy Nelson and had some c read news >>

Mark Munoz's retirement plan has long been in the making

Mark Munoz owns a gym, does motivational speeches and leads an anti-bullying campaign. He also runs his own wrestling camp and is trying to raise four kids with his wife Kristi. In other words, Munoz read news >>

TJ Dillashaw: Renan Barao's excuse was not making weight, I actually have a broken bone

The mixed martial arts (MMA) overlords seemingly don't want to see Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bantamweight kingpin TJ Dillashaw rematch former champ Renan Barao. Or at least it seems that w read news >>

Matt Hamill: Second retirement was more about 'bad management,' not recent MMA losses

Can the former UFC mainstay make a splash in World Series of Fighting (WSOF) tonight? "It wasn't my relationship with MMA. It was my relationship with my business partners and my management and with read news >>

Brendan Schaub confirms that he'll be dropping to light heavyweight

Veteran UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub has confirmed that he'll be dropping to 205 pounds for his next fight. After much speculation, it appears that 11-time UFC veteran Brendan Schaub has decided to read news >>

Alistair Overeem still marveling at the durability of Roy Nelson: I hit him with everything and he just took it

They don't make them like "Big Country" anymore. Roy Nelson has shown time and again that he can take a punch, as he proved during his three-round war against Fabricio Werdum at UFC 142 back in 2012. read news >>

GSP making a comeback? Dana White says he's 'leaning towards' no

Ever since his retirement, reports on just when or if GSP would come back have been highly conflicting. At this point however, the UFC brass is starting to think it's not going to happen. It's been a read news >>