Roy Jones vs Anderson SilvaUFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva would like to fight former boxing champion Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match, and Jones Jr. has expressed interest in a potential bout.

“Maybe after this fight with Weidman, regardless of the outcome, I would love to fight him.  He’s already said that he would fight me also, so that’s something that I would really like to happen,” said Silva on a recent media conference call.  “I feel that his boxing style is one that I’d like to test myself against.  I’ve always been a fan of his, and I just always wanted to test myself against Roy Jones.”

Jones will be in attendance at UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman on Saturday and is talking with UFC president Dana White.

“Roy Jones Jr. is coming (to UFC 162),” said White on Thursday following the UFC 162 pre-fight press conference.

“Well, it makes no sense to me. It’s like these guys when they grew up had their heroes or whatever the deal is, it’s something Anderson wants to do,” said White about a potential match-up.

“Roy and I are talking,” added the UFC president.  Asked if it would be a boxing match if the bout materializes, White said, “Roy and I are talking.”

While Silva has indicated he wants to do a boxing match with Jones, White’s comments alluded to the possibility of an MMA bout. Jones on Friday bolstered that speculation when he commented to Kevin Iole, a leading reporter for MMAWeekly.com content partner Yahoo! Sports.

“I’m stunned, but I just got a text from @RealRoyJonesJr and he said he is planning to talk to @danawhite about fighting MMA. Whoa,” tweeted Iole.

Regardless of the discipline, in a recent interview with TMZ.com, the 44-year-old boxer indicated that for the fight to happen it would need to happen soon.

“I don’t like wasting time. I don’t want to talk about something that’s not going to happen so if you want to do it, I would love to do it,” Jones Jr. said to TMZ. “Of course if we’re going to do it shortly, if it’s two, three years down the line, I can’t make no promise. But if we’re going to do it immediately, right away, like after the next fight, then it can happen.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

UFC Sale Rumors: Would the UFC Improve Without Dana White and the Fertittas?

On Tuesday night, ESPN that the UFC is in advanced talks to sell the promotion, hiring investment bank Goldman Sachs to represent it in discussions with at least four groups that have bid on an acqui read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

Dana White State of the UFC Video: Not for Sale, Anderson Silva Surgery, UFC 198, and More!

Dana White joined Colin Cowherd to breakdown all the fast moving UFC news, from the possible sale of the UFC, Anderson Silva's surgery, record crowds in Brazil, and more. read news >>

UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Odds, Predictions and Pre-Weigh-In Hype

Even with Anderson Silva's removal, UFC 198 is shaping up to be a massive show, and everything will build to Fabricio Werdum's UFC Heavyweight Championship defense against Stipe Miocic. Yahoo Sports' read news >>

VIDEO: Conor McGregor and Dana White Had Dinner So Let the Speculation Begin

Dana White and Conor McGregor are working on their relationship and we got all the feels. read news >>

Conor McGregor All Smiles After Secret Meeting with Dana White

The relationship between Conor McGregor and UFC brass has been a hot topic for months now, and it seems to have only gotten worse over recent weeks. With that in mind, UFC executives had a clandestin read news >>

Conor McGregor Comments on Meeting with Dana White, Lorenzo Fertitta

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor said he is in a "good place" with the UFC after meeting with co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta and president Dana White on Wednesday. The two sides met in Los Angele read news >>

Rumor Mill: Dana White Supposedly Stormed Out of Nate Diaz Meeting, Photo Begs to Differ

Although a meeting with Conor McGregor went well, the rumor mill has Dana White storming out of a Friday meeting with Nate Diaz. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Talks with Mayhem Miller: Missing Weight, More Fights, and UFC Exit

• 3 hours ago

Chael Sonnen goes one on one with Mayhem Miller about missing weight by 24 pounds, what his future holds, and the backstage blow-up that led to his UFC exit. read news >>

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan? Dana Isn’t Too Into That

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan? No thanks, says Dana. Jay Glazer, though? All day long. read news >>