Roy Jones vs Anderson SilvaUFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva would like to fight former boxing champion Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match, and Jones Jr. has expressed interest in a potential bout.

“Maybe after this fight with Weidman, regardless of the outcome, I would love to fight him.  He’s already said that he would fight me also, so that’s something that I would really like to happen,” said Silva on a recent media conference call.  “I feel that his boxing style is one that I’d like to test myself against.  I’ve always been a fan of his, and I just always wanted to test myself against Roy Jones.”

Jones will be in attendance at UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman on Saturday and is talking with UFC president Dana White.

“Roy Jones Jr. is coming (to UFC 162),” said White on Thursday following the UFC 162 pre-fight press conference.

“Well, it makes no sense to me. It’s like these guys when they grew up had their heroes or whatever the deal is, it’s something Anderson wants to do,” said White about a potential match-up.

“Roy and I are talking,” added the UFC president.  Asked if it would be a boxing match if the bout materializes, White said, “Roy and I are talking.”

While Silva has indicated he wants to do a boxing match with Jones, White’s comments alluded to the possibility of an MMA bout. Jones on Friday bolstered that speculation when he commented to Kevin Iole, a leading reporter for MMAWeekly.com content partner Yahoo! Sports.

“I’m stunned, but I just got a text from @RealRoyJonesJr and he said he is planning to talk to @danawhite about fighting MMA. Whoa,” tweeted Iole.

Regardless of the discipline, in a recent interview with TMZ.com, the 44-year-old boxer indicated that for the fight to happen it would need to happen soon.

“I don’t like wasting time. I don’t want to talk about something that’s not going to happen so if you want to do it, I would love to do it,” Jones Jr. said to TMZ. “Of course if we’re going to do it shortly, if it’s two, three years down the line, I can’t make no promise. But if we’re going to do it immediately, right away, like after the next fight, then it can happen.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Quick Hit Video: Anderson Silva Talks Thai Sex Supplement During UFC 183 Drug Test Defense

Former UFC champion Anderson Silva went before the Nevada Athletic Commission on Thursday to face the ramifications of his failed UFC 183 drug tests. read news >>

Guillard talks 'crazy' 380k Anderson Silva fine: 'He's a man, he'll deal with it'

He's fought for the UFC, WSOF, and now soon he'll make his Bellator debut. But first, Melvin Guillard spoke to Bloody Elbow about his career and what he's looking forward to in the future. A veteran read news >>

Dana White: UFC 190 PPV buys trending bigger than UFC 189

It has been one heck of a summer for Dana White and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Forget Cris Cyborg, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) needs to book Ronda Rousey vs. Conor McGregor next! read news >>

UFC president Dana White claims WWE is 'fake sh*t,' Twitter erupts in anger

Some people get fired for this, but it's all in a day's trolling work for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, who took to Twitter recently to criticize professional wrestling o read news >>

Ben Saunders Talks Veteran Grit and His Blood-Soaked Victory at UFC on Fox 16

"You're down two rounds. You have to finish him." Those were the words that came blasting from Ben Saunders' corner as he floated in the moments just before the final frame of his bout against Kenny read news >>

Dana White: Correia 'absolutely' knew Rousey's father committed suicide

Dana White says Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew about Ronda Rousey's father committing suicide before she made the suicide insult. Earlier in May, bantamweight title challenger Bethe Correia may have read news >>

Rousey's mother talks Ronda's shenanigans while growing up, domestic violence & more

The Three Amigos Podcast interviewed Ronda Rousey's mother, Dr. AnnMaria De Mars, who gives advice to parents raising athletes, discussed domestic violence issues in MMA, lines one shouldn't cross wh read news >>

Dana White: Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew Ronda Rousey's father committed suicide before comments

Ronda Rousey is partly fueled at UFC 190 by comments Bethe Correia made about Rousey possibly killing herself if she loses. Rousey's father committed suicide when she was a child. Correia has apologi read news >>

Dana White: UFC 190's Bethe Correia intentionally used suicide remarks to play 'head games' with Ronda Rousey

Remember when Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's Bantamweight title contender Bethe Correia jiu-jitsued her foot in her mouth when she said she hopes Ronda Rousey doesn't commit suicide aft read news >>

Morning Report: Andrei Arlovski begging Dana White for chance to 'f**k up' Fedor Emelianenko

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski is in talks to face Frank Mir at UFC 191 in September, but he's hungry for revenge. With chatter that former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianen read news >>