Roy Jones vs Anderson SilvaUFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva would like to fight former boxing champion Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match, and Jones Jr. has expressed interest in a potential bout.

“Maybe after this fight with Weidman, regardless of the outcome, I would love to fight him.  He’s already said that he would fight me also, so that’s something that I would really like to happen,” said Silva on a recent media conference call.  “I feel that his boxing style is one that I’d like to test myself against.  I’ve always been a fan of his, and I just always wanted to test myself against Roy Jones.”

Jones will be in attendance at UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman on Saturday and is talking with UFC president Dana White.

“Roy Jones Jr. is coming (to UFC 162),” said White on Thursday following the UFC 162 pre-fight press conference.

“Well, it makes no sense to me. It’s like these guys when they grew up had their heroes or whatever the deal is, it’s something Anderson wants to do,” said White about a potential match-up.

“Roy and I are talking,” added the UFC president.  Asked if it would be a boxing match if the bout materializes, White said, “Roy and I are talking.”

While Silva has indicated he wants to do a boxing match with Jones, White’s comments alluded to the possibility of an MMA bout. Jones on Friday bolstered that speculation when he commented to Kevin Iole, a leading reporter for MMAWeekly.com content partner Yahoo! Sports.

“I’m stunned, but I just got a text from @RealRoyJonesJr and he said he is planning to talk to @danawhite about fighting MMA. Whoa,” tweeted Iole.

Regardless of the discipline, in a recent interview with TMZ.com, the 44-year-old boxer indicated that for the fight to happen it would need to happen soon.

“I don’t like wasting time. I don’t want to talk about something that’s not going to happen so if you want to do it, I would love to do it,” Jones Jr. said to TMZ. “Of course if we’re going to do it shortly, if it’s two, three years down the line, I can’t make no promise. But if we’re going to do it immediately, right away, like after the next fight, then it can happen.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Nate Diaz talks Bieber, McGregor on Conan

Nate Diaz paid a special visit to Conan on July 26, 2016 to discuss his rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202, what really happened between him and Justin Bieber, and much more. We've got all the cl read news >>

BJ Penn Expects to Return in November, Reponds to Dana White’s Comments

B.J. Penn expects to return to the UFC in November and responds to Dana White's recent comments about him not living up to his full potential. read news >>

Is Ronda Rousey Pregnant? Dana White Squashes the Rumor

UFC president Dana White's job is never ending and never the same. Thursday night, he spent his time squashing a Ronda Rousey pregnancy rumor. read news >>

Dana White Video: UFC Sale ‘Kind of Bugged Me Out a Little Bit’

The sale of the company he helped build, has UFC president Dana White "kind of bugged out." read news >>

Video: Dana White Gives His Immediate Reaction, Breaks Down UFC 201

Dana White gave his immediate reaction to UFC 201, a card that saw Tyron Woodley take out Robbie Lawler in the first round to win the 170-pound title. read news >>

Dana White 'Would Love' Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz in Poland

Karolina Kowalkiewicz all but assured her title shot with a split-decision victory over Rose Namajunas at UFC 201. Kowalkiewicz entered as the No. 5-ranked strawweight with Namajunas holding the No. read news >>

VIDEO: Urijah Faber Talks PEDs, Brock Lesnar, and Chad Mendes

Urijah Faber reflects on his career and also shares his thoughts on Brock Lesnar and Chad Mendes’ recent involvement with PEDs. read news >>

Paige VanZant Video: ‘After Dancing With the Stars, I Craved the Violence’

UFC strawweight contender Paige VanZant talks about Dancing With the Stars, her loss to Rose Namajunas, and her upcoming bout with Bec Rawlings. read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold Believes an Anderson Silva Beatdown Puts Him Back at the Top

Luke Rockhold wants to get the UFC middleweight belt back, and he believes that a beatdown of Anderson Silva would put him right back in the thick of things. read news >>

Devin Powell Intends to Impress Dana White, Who is Looking for a Fight

Devin Powell won't say Friday night's NEF fight is now or never, but knows he needs to impress UFC president Dana White, who will be in the audience. read news >>