Roy Jones vs Anderson SilvaUFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva would like to fight former boxing champion Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match, and Jones Jr. has expressed interest in a potential bout.

“Maybe after this fight with Weidman, regardless of the outcome, I would love to fight him.  He’s already said that he would fight me also, so that’s something that I would really like to happen,” said Silva on a recent media conference call.  “I feel that his boxing style is one that I’d like to test myself against.  I’ve always been a fan of his, and I just always wanted to test myself against Roy Jones.”

Jones will be in attendance at UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman on Saturday and is talking with UFC president Dana White.

“Roy Jones Jr. is coming (to UFC 162),” said White on Thursday following the UFC 162 pre-fight press conference.

“Well, it makes no sense to me. It’s like these guys when they grew up had their heroes or whatever the deal is, it’s something Anderson wants to do,” said White about a potential match-up.

“Roy and I are talking,” added the UFC president.  Asked if it would be a boxing match if the bout materializes, White said, “Roy and I are talking.”

While Silva has indicated he wants to do a boxing match with Jones, White’s comments alluded to the possibility of an MMA bout. Jones on Friday bolstered that speculation when he commented to Kevin Iole, a leading reporter for MMAWeekly.com content partner Yahoo! Sports.

“I’m stunned, but I just got a text from @RealRoyJonesJr and he said he is planning to talk to @danawhite about fighting MMA. Whoa,” tweeted Iole.

Regardless of the discipline, in a recent interview with TMZ.com, the 44-year-old boxer indicated that for the fight to happen it would need to happen soon.

“I don’t like wasting time. I don’t want to talk about something that’s not going to happen so if you want to do it, I would love to do it,” Jones Jr. said to TMZ. “Of course if we’re going to do it shortly, if it’s two, three years down the line, I can’t make no promise. But if we’re going to do it immediately, right away, like after the next fight, then it can happen.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Dana White Talks About Problems in Conor McGregor, Nate Diaz Negotiations

UFC President Dana White has had some problems negotiating recently with two of the UFC's biggest fighters. UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor, perhaps the most famous fighter in MMA today, se read news >>

Nick Barnes Ready to Make a Splash at RFA 38 in Front of UFC President Dana White

Nick Barnes tends to rise to the occasion. That's something he intends to do with UFC president Dana White in attendance at RFA 38 on Friday night. read news >>

VIDEO: UFC President Dana White Weighs in on the Passing of Muhammad Ali

Following the passing of boxing legend Muhammad Ali on Friday, UFC president Dana White talked about the man that changed the face of combat sports. read news >>

Watch Nate Diaz Hit Dana White with the ‘Stockton Slap’

Well, looks like Dana White and Nate Diaz are getting along. So much that Dana's letting Nate smack that hell out of him. read news >>

Dana White Gets 'Hit' with the 'Stockton Slap' from Nate Diaz in Video

Nate Diaz is closer to stepping back inside the Octagon, and part of getting the deal done appears to be slapping Dana White. Warning: Video contains NSFW lyrics. Diaz posted the video to Instagram o read news >>

VIDEO: Urijah Faber Talks Possible Retirement After Second Loss to Dominick Cruz

Following his second loss to UFC champion Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber addressed the possibility that retirement could be on the horizon for him. read news >>

Dana White Video: Brock Lesnar’s UFC 200 Return ‘Doesn’t Suck’

TMZ Sports caught up with UFC president Dana White, who said that Brock Lesnar's UFC 200 return "doesn't suck." read news >>

Dana White Comments on Lifetime Ban of Ariel Helwani for Brock Lesnar Report

• 1986 views

UFC President Dana White confirmed that longtime MMA journalist Ariel Helwani has been banned from receiving press credentials after breaking the news on two huge fights without contacting the promot read news >>

Robbie Lawler Talks Conor McGregor Before UFC 201 Title Fight vs. Tyron Woodley

UFC welterweight champion Robbie Lawler said he "wasn't too worried" about his previously rumored Conor McGregor fight and would have taken the featherweight's soul if they went head-to-head. "His so read news >>

TBT — ‘Kimbo Slice’ Works Out and Talks to the Media Before Most Watched Fight in MMA History

On May 31, 2008, 7.281 million people tuned into CBS to watch Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson take on James Thompson in the main event of Elite XC: Primetime. read news >>