Ross Pearson entered the cage with supreme confidence ahead of his headlining lightweight clash with George Sotiropoulos at UFC on FX 6, a fact the Brit credits to his intense preparation.

“This whole camp, I’ve been shining just like the old me. I was just on cloud nine, realizing why I love this sport and [remembering] why I love doing what I do,” Pearson told Fox Sports following a third-round knockout of Sotiropoulos at Gold Coast Convention Centre in Gold Coast, Australia. “I felt good for it, and all the confidence I had going into tonight was from that hard work. I got my body lean, and I didn’t have to cut all that weight. I was prepared mentally and physically and wasn’t draining myself. I was just ready to go.”

The 28-year-old dropped to featherweight at the end of last year, posting a 1-1 record at 145 pounds before returning to lightweight to meet Sotiropoulos, the opposing coach on “The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. U.K.”

Pearson continually found a home for his snappy left hook throughout tonight’s contest, staggering the Sotiropoulos in round one before slipping up and giving the Aussie his back to end the frame. Though Pearson appeared in trouble, “The Real Deal” kept his cool and escaped the position.

“I was comfortable. He had [his forearm] across my face, like a face-bar,” said Pearson. “It’s not nice having someone on your back, so it was a bit of a scramble getting out of there. I didn’t want to be in that position again, but I was never in danger.”

Pearson then persevered in the second frame, walking through a steady jab from Sotiropoulos in order to floor his foe with another left hook. Sotiropoulos would hit the canvas twice in the third stanza, the final time coming off a sharp two-punch combination that earned Pearson the technical knockout victory just 41 seconds into the round.

“I knew that I found my range and timing [in the first round], and I knew that I had found the shot that I wanted to land,” said Pearson. “I know I always want to get on someone and bulldoze them and pressure them, but my team was holding us back and [advising patience]. I listened to my corner and didn’t rush in or go too crazy. I knew the knockout would come -- I just had to touch him. I found the shot early, and in the third round, I landed it.”

The victory marks Pearson’s sixth Octagon victory and his fifth career knockout. His coaching rival now in his rear-view mirror, the “TUF 9” winner says he will take on whomever the UFC places in front of him.

“I’ve been in this sport now a long time, and I just have to keep grinding and keep working. Whomever the UFC puts forward, I’m willing to step up and fight him,” said Pearson. “I’ve never turned down a fight, and I never will. I’m ready for the next step in my career.”

Rory MacDonald refutes Dana White's UFC 189 post-fight story: 'I knew everything that was going on'

MacDonald dispels the notion that he didn't know what year it was following his brutal TKO loss at the hands of welterweight champion Robbie Lawler. In a world full of broken promises, and shattered read news >>

Anderson Silva Suspended: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

After failing drug tests ahead of his clash with Nick Diaz at UFC 183, Anderson Silva has been suspended from competition. Silva will be forced to sit out for one year and is fined the full $200,000 read news >>

More main card bouts announced for WSOF 23 in September

We already knew the main event of World Series of Fighting 23 on Sept. 18 featured a rematch of the greatest fight in company history, as Justin Gaethje will rematch Luis Palomino with Gaethje's ligh read news >>

Injury Forces New Invicta FC 14 Headlining Title Fight

Invicta Fighting Championships on Monday released the full fight card for Invicta FC 14, but the announcement included a major change at the top of the bill. read news >>

Paul Felder vs Ross Pearson Lightweight match set for UFC 191 in Las Vegas

Don't blink! The recent unanimous decision loss to Edson Barboza at UFC on FOX 16 did not sit so well for unorthodox striker Paul Felder (10-1), who is now tapped to collide with fellow Lightweight b read news >>

Paul Felder vs. Ross Pearson set for UFC 191

Paul Felder, coming off the first loss of his career, is set to fight veteran Ross Pearson at UFC 191 in Las Vegas on September 5th. A surefire Fight of the Night candidate has been booked for UFC 19 read news >>

Ross Pearson vs. Paul Felder joins next month's UFC 191 lineup in Las Vegas

A solid lightweight bout between Ross Pearson and Paul Felder is the latest addition to next month’s UFC 191 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Paul Felder gets quick turnaround vs. Ross Pearson at UFC 191

Paul Felder was upset about his loss just two weeks ago. He'll have the chance to correct those mistakes in a hurry. Felder will take on Ross Pearson at UFC 191 on Sept. 5, UFC vice president of publ read news >>

Glover Teixeira respects Ovince St. Preux's power, but questions his technique ahead of UFC main event

Glover Teixeira had his 20-fight winning streak snapped by Jon Jones and Phil Davis in 2014, but sees a five-round clash with Ovince Saint Preux as the perfect opportunity to show he’s a different fi read news >>

Latest CM Punk update: Watch video of UFC rookie sparring, grappling ahead of (eventual) Octagon debut

"I definitely don't want to wait too long. I understand all the criticism. Here I am with you interviewing me, they're making me do media, all this stuff. Eventually you're sick of talking about it a read news >>