Ross Pearson entered the cage with supreme confidence ahead of his headlining lightweight clash with George Sotiropoulos at UFC on FX 6, a fact the Brit credits to his intense preparation.

“This whole camp, I’ve been shining just like the old me. I was just on cloud nine, realizing why I love this sport and [remembering] why I love doing what I do,” Pearson told Fox Sports following a third-round knockout of Sotiropoulos at Gold Coast Convention Centre in Gold Coast, Australia. “I felt good for it, and all the confidence I had going into tonight was from that hard work. I got my body lean, and I didn’t have to cut all that weight. I was prepared mentally and physically and wasn’t draining myself. I was just ready to go.”

The 28-year-old dropped to featherweight at the end of last year, posting a 1-1 record at 145 pounds before returning to lightweight to meet Sotiropoulos, the opposing coach on “The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. U.K.”

Pearson continually found a home for his snappy left hook throughout tonight’s contest, staggering the Sotiropoulos in round one before slipping up and giving the Aussie his back to end the frame. Though Pearson appeared in trouble, “The Real Deal” kept his cool and escaped the position.

“I was comfortable. He had [his forearm] across my face, like a face-bar,” said Pearson. “It’s not nice having someone on your back, so it was a bit of a scramble getting out of there. I didn’t want to be in that position again, but I was never in danger.”

Pearson then persevered in the second frame, walking through a steady jab from Sotiropoulos in order to floor his foe with another left hook. Sotiropoulos would hit the canvas twice in the third stanza, the final time coming off a sharp two-punch combination that earned Pearson the technical knockout victory just 41 seconds into the round.

“I knew that I found my range and timing [in the first round], and I knew that I had found the shot that I wanted to land,” said Pearson. “I know I always want to get on someone and bulldoze them and pressure them, but my team was holding us back and [advising patience]. I listened to my corner and didn’t rush in or go too crazy. I knew the knockout would come -- I just had to touch him. I found the shot early, and in the third round, I landed it.”

The victory marks Pearson’s sixth Octagon victory and his fifth career knockout. His coaching rival now in his rear-view mirror, the “TUF 9” winner says he will take on whomever the UFC places in front of him.

“I’ve been in this sport now a long time, and I just have to keep grinding and keep working. Whomever the UFC puts forward, I’m willing to step up and fight him,” said Pearson. “I’ve never turned down a fight, and I never will. I’m ready for the next step in my career.”

Lawler vs. Woodley: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 201

Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley hit the scales on Friday ahead of their mouth-watering title bout at UFC 201, and both fighters came in dead on the 170-pound limit, per Fox Sports: UFC: The main even read news >>

UFC 201 Fantasy Rewind: What you got right & wrong

UFC fans made their predictions ahead of UFC: 201 - but were they correct? We look at all the prefight picks and see what really happened on fight night. read news >>

A Wealth of Experience Gives Jose Torres Confidence Heading into Titan FC 40 Showdown

Jose Torres may be short on pro experience, but his plethora of amateur fights has him feeling confident heading into Titan FC 40 on UFC Fight Pass. read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Hendo is Official; Includes Belfort vs. Mousasi and Struve vs. Magomedov

The all-but-confirmed UFC 204 headlining bout between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson is now confirmed, as are several other UFC 204 bouts. read news >>

UFC 202 Embedded, Episode 3: It’s Haute Time for Conor McGregor

On Episode 3 of UFC 202 Embedded, headlining welterweight Conor McGregor gets styled for a magazine cover shoot and studies his technique. read news >>

Nate Diaz, Conor McGregor Throw Bottles, Cans, Forcing End to UFC 202 Presser

Everyone knew that Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor 2 was going to produce fireworks, but not too many folks anticipated it going down like this. At the UFC 202 pre-fight press conference Wednesday, McGr read news >>

Nate Diaz Says Conor McGregor is Silly, Trying to Hype Himself Up Ahead of UFC 202 (Video)

Heading into UFC 202, Nate Diaz said that Conor McGregor is silly for having pictures up in his garage of him punching Diaz in the face. Diaz feels McGregor is just fooling himself, trying to hype hi read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Cowboy Cerrone and Bob Saget

Donald Cerrone calls in live from Lake Mead ahead of his fight against Rick Story at UFC 202 and talks skydiving, Diaz vs. McGregor 2, and more. Then, comic and actor Bob Saget talks to Jim and Matt read news >>

Moving with the Current: Nate Diaz Takes What's His Ahead of UFC 202

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Atop a short staircase on the quiet side of a doorway that shields out the July afternoon sun, Nate Diaz wades into a fast-moving current of his own making. Less than three weeks read news >>

UFC 202 Video: Conor McGregor – ‘I Wanted the Rematch Immediately’

Conor McGregor discusses his mental preparation and expectations ahead of his highly anticipated rematch with Nate Diaz. read news >>