Rosholt in Talks with Kansas Commission After DQ Loss


Jake Rosholt maintains that his foul on John Ott was unintentional. | Photo: Keith Mills/Sherdog.com


Jake Rosholt believes that the incorrect call was made in his last fight, and he’s looking to right the wrong.

The Texas-based UFC veteran was disqualified in the third round of his 200-pound catchweight contest with John Ott at Titan Fighting Championship 18 last Friday, May 27, after landing was what was interpreted to be an intentional, illegal knee strike to the head of the kneeling Ott. Despite dominating his opponent from start to finish, Rosholt walked away from the bout at Memorial Hall in Kansas City with a loss tacked to his record.

Since that time, Rosholt and his management have been in talks with the Kansas Athletic Commission in an effort to overturn the decision. Rosholt has admitted in interviews that while the strike was clearly illegal, it was just as clearly not intentional, and he therefore should not have been disqualified. Rather, the bout should have either been ruled a no-contest or gone to a technical decision based on the completed rounds.

While Rosholt’s camp is serious about changing the decision, they have not yet filed a formal, written appeal with the commission.

“We’re just talking,” KAC Boxing Commissioner Troye Blackmon Wednesday told Sherdog.com, also explaining that there could be no discernible timetable for the commission’s ruling since the appeal has yet to be put into writing.

However, Rosholt told Sherdog.com that he was prepared to do what was necessary to have the loss removed from his record. If a formal appeal is required, then the fighter asserts he will act accordingly.

“I’m not trying to make a big spectacle of it,” said Rosholt, “but there’s definitely an appeal [of the disqualification]. If I need to sign my name to something, then I’m going to do it.”

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 28 days ago
  • 1 views

To kick off UFC 182 fight week, rivals Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier took part in a pre-fight media conference call, and while each was more subdued than in past encounters, a few backhanded comments read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 17 views

For perennial world-class mixed martial arts (MMA) Welterweight, Jake Shields, fighting for a title shot has become a familiar refrain throughout his decorated career. A win over Mike Pyle put him in read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 26 views

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier field questions from the media on the UFC 182 Pre-Fight Conference Call. read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 7 views

Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones and No. 2-ranked division contender, Daniel Cormier, kicked off their fight week promotional duties earlier this evening with a media conference call ahead of the read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 15 views

At UFC Fight Night 58, Lyoto Machida rebounded from his loss to Chris Weidman and took his first step toward earning another shot at the middleweight championship. Facing C.B. Dollaway, Machida waste read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 4 views

PHOENIX -- During a scrum at UFC on FOX 13, Jessica Eye talks about the damage to Leslie Smith's ear from their fight at UFC 180, getting back into training, who she wants to fight next, her thoughts read news >>

  • 26 days ago
  • 9 views

UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones is certain he did not lie under oath to the Nevada Athletic Commission regarding his Nike deal. The UFC 178 media day brawl between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormi read news >>

  • 25 days ago
  • 9 views

LAS VEGAS -- Donald Cerrone talks about how he celebrated New Year's Eve, his extreme fight week activities, his fight against Myles Jury at UFC 182, what's at stake, and more. read news >>

  • 25 days ago
  • 8 views

LAS VEGAS -- Myles Jury talks about his UFC 182 fight against Donald Cerrone, why a win over Cerrone should warrant a title shot, how he relaxes after his fights, his relationship with his sports psy read news >>