After losing a debatable split decision to Hatsu Hioki in October, George Roop will look to bounce back Jan. 28 when he takes on Cub Swanson at UFC on Fox 2.

Ahead of the bout, Roop joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup, featherweight champion Jose Aldo and more.

On Swanson: “I think he’s a great opponent. I think he’s a great fighter really. He’s a great athlete. He’s very well rounded. He’s really good everywhere and not terrible anywhere. He’s going to be a tough opponent and a tough test for me.”

On fighting on Fox: “It’s huge to me. I’d rather fight on the Fox card than even a pay-per-view card. Just the viewers and the new viewers that are going to be watching on Fox too -- it’s going to be really cool. I feel that my fight’s going to make TV. I think Cub Swanson and I, we’re great fighters and we’re very explosive and both of us show up to fight. I think that’s going to make for a great fight. I know everybody always says that, but if you actually look at the fights of Cub Swanson and myself, we show up to fight every single time. You’re guaranteed an exciting fight for this one. Hopefully it makes the Fox card and we’ll get seen by a good 10 million people.”

On whether lightweights moving to featherweight should expect to have an advantage: “Hell no. Absolutely not. I think people might think, ‘Oh, they’re going to be the bigger guy. They’re going to be the stronger guy,’ but I tell you what -- it’s kind of like, I tried fighting down at 135 as well. It’s kind of the same concept. It’s a different game down at 145 pounds. It’s different. The speed is different. The timing is different. The type of guys you’re fighting are more explosive, give you different angles and are going to be quicker than the 155ers. Us at 145, the natural 145ers, we’re just going to have to be more prepared for these guys’ power. I welcome any 155ers to come down. I’ll be more than willing to step up and fight them and show them that they’ll want to go back up to their natural weight class.”

On where he stands in his career right now: “I should be on a two-fight winning streak right now over some big competitors. I feel like I have propelled my game very much in the last year or two and I’m coming into my prime.”

On featherweight champion Jose Aldo: “I don’t think Jose Aldo is indestructible. I do think he’s beatable. I just think these guys need to put more pressure on him and drag him into deep water. I feel that people give the champ too much respect. They go in there and they try to feel him out, and that plays right into Jose Aldo’s hands because he gets to pick you apart with those leg kicks and his dynamic striking. I feel like you need to push him up against the cage. I think Kenny Florian did a good job in showing that and so did Mark Hominick in just pressing the pace on him and staying in the fight with him and making it into a dogfight.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 49:57).

UFC Makes October The Return To Dublin

The UFC makes their long awaited return to Dublin this October, which would likely be one of the most exciting nights of the year. read news >>

UFC 188 preview: Do or die time for Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez

At UFC 188. Gilbert Melendez takes on Eddie Alvarez in an exciting match-up. For both men, the stakes are high - we take a look in this Bloody Elbow fight preview. Home of the best fighters in the wo read news >>

UFC 188: Fabricio Werdum on how losing to girlfriend's ex got him to where he is today

UFC heavyweight interim champion, Fabricio Werdum discusses how an impromptu BJJ match at the beach with his girlfriend's ex was the driving factor for him to get into martial arts. This weekend, in read news >>

Losing to girlfriend's ex-boyfriend changed Fabricio Werdum’s life forever

Fabricio Silveira Werdum was a regular 21-year-old guy from Porto Alegre, Brazil, when a trip to the beach changed his life forever. Fabricio Werdum went to the beach with Larissa, his girlfriend at read news >>

Sans Bellator Belt, Michael Chandler Believes He’s Still One of the World’s Best

Despite losing his Bellator belt and sliding into a skid, Michael Chandler enters Bellator 138 believing he's still one of the best lightweights in the world. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 68 event in New Orleans, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 Attendance and Gate from New Orleans

UFC Fight Night 68: Boetsch vs. Henderson delivered an exciting night of fights on Saturday night, while pulling in a modest crowd. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 results: Emotional Francisco Rivera KOs Alex Caceres in 21 seconds

NEW ORLEANS – Francisco Rivera snapped a losing skid and reminded why he is a danger for anyone in the 135-pound division with a 21-second knockout of Alex Caceres to kick off the UFC Fight Night 68 read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 results: Jose Quinonez chokes out Leonardo Morales in first

NEW ORLEANS – Jose Quinonez snapped a losing skid and scored his first octagon win by outclassing Leonardo Morales on the ground for quick submission to kick off UFC Fight Night 68.Filed under: News, read news >>

Dan Henderson's age, sudden losing putting his UFC career in jeopardy (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Henderson may not be mulling retirement, but his future could be decided for him if he continues to suffer defeats. read news >>