After losing a debatable split decision to Hatsu Hioki in October, George Roop will look to bounce back Jan. 28 when he takes on Cub Swanson at UFC on Fox 2.

Ahead of the bout, Roop joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup, featherweight champion Jose Aldo and more.

On Swanson: “I think he’s a great opponent. I think he’s a great fighter really. He’s a great athlete. He’s very well rounded. He’s really good everywhere and not terrible anywhere. He’s going to be a tough opponent and a tough test for me.”

On fighting on Fox: “It’s huge to me. I’d rather fight on the Fox card than even a pay-per-view card. Just the viewers and the new viewers that are going to be watching on Fox too -- it’s going to be really cool. I feel that my fight’s going to make TV. I think Cub Swanson and I, we’re great fighters and we’re very explosive and both of us show up to fight. I think that’s going to make for a great fight. I know everybody always says that, but if you actually look at the fights of Cub Swanson and myself, we show up to fight every single time. You’re guaranteed an exciting fight for this one. Hopefully it makes the Fox card and we’ll get seen by a good 10 million people.”

On whether lightweights moving to featherweight should expect to have an advantage: “Hell no. Absolutely not. I think people might think, ‘Oh, they’re going to be the bigger guy. They’re going to be the stronger guy,’ but I tell you what -- it’s kind of like, I tried fighting down at 135 as well. It’s kind of the same concept. It’s a different game down at 145 pounds. It’s different. The speed is different. The timing is different. The type of guys you’re fighting are more explosive, give you different angles and are going to be quicker than the 155ers. Us at 145, the natural 145ers, we’re just going to have to be more prepared for these guys’ power. I welcome any 155ers to come down. I’ll be more than willing to step up and fight them and show them that they’ll want to go back up to their natural weight class.”

On where he stands in his career right now: “I should be on a two-fight winning streak right now over some big competitors. I feel like I have propelled my game very much in the last year or two and I’m coming into my prime.”

On featherweight champion Jose Aldo: “I don’t think Jose Aldo is indestructible. I do think he’s beatable. I just think these guys need to put more pressure on him and drag him into deep water. I feel that people give the champ too much respect. They go in there and they try to feel him out, and that plays right into Jose Aldo’s hands because he gets to pick you apart with those leg kicks and his dynamic striking. I feel like you need to push him up against the cage. I think Kenny Florian did a good job in showing that and so did Mark Hominick in just pressing the pace on him and staying in the fight with him and making it into a dogfight.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 49:57).

UFC Fight Night 77 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 77, fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77 Fighter Bonuses: Knockouts Were the Order of the Night

With several exciting finishes to choose from on Saturday night, UFC officials decided to forgo a Fight of the Night award and instead issued four Performance bonuses. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Glover Teixeira's TKO of Patrick Cummins at UFC Fight Night 77

Glover Teixeira continued to show his two-fight losing skid in 2014 was a mere bump in the road when he won his second straight fight in the octagon with a second-round TKO of Patrick Cummins at UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77 results: Jimmie Rivera takes split decision from Pedro Munhoz

SAO PAULO – Jimmie Rivera survived a couple close shaves in a back-and-forth battle with Pedro Munhoz, but the American fighter came out on top in the end. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Glory Kickboxing 25: Milan Fight Card, Schedule and Predictions

Despite Glory Kickboxing recently losing its television deal with Spike TV, the shows must go on. On Friday, Nov. 6, Glory 25 in Milan will take place. The promotion's website lists the lightweight t read news >>

Bleacher Report MMA Rankings for November 2015

Very little happened in the month of October when it comes to MMA. The UFC hosted just two events, UFC 192 and the stripped-down version of Fight Night: Dublin. Bellator and WSOF both put on shows, b read news >>

MMAjunkie’s ‘Fight of the Month’ for October: A war for light heavyweight gold

With another action-packed month of MMA in the books, MMAjunkie takes a look at the best fights from October. Check out the winner inside and vote in our poll to let us know if we got the winner righ read news >>

The 10: Women's Title Bouts Highlight Nov. Schedule

After having just four events between September and October combined, there are four events spread across four continents on the schedule for November. So while the previous two months make read news >>

MMAjunkie's 'Submission of the Month' for October: A rare and scary-good twister

With another action-packed month of MMA in the books, MMAjunkie takes a look at the best submissions from October. Check out the winner inside and vote in our poll to let us know if we got the winner read news >>

MMAjunkie's 'Knockout of the Month' for October is a ridiculous shot to the gut

With another action-packed month of MMA in the books, MMAjunkie takes a look at the best knockouts from October. See the winner inside and vote in our poll to let us know if we got it right. Filed un read news >>