After losing a debatable split decision to Hatsu Hioki in October, George Roop will look to bounce back Jan. 28 when he takes on Cub Swanson at UFC on Fox 2.

Ahead of the bout, Roop joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup, featherweight champion Jose Aldo and more.

On Swanson: “I think he’s a great opponent. I think he’s a great fighter really. He’s a great athlete. He’s very well rounded. He’s really good everywhere and not terrible anywhere. He’s going to be a tough opponent and a tough test for me.”

On fighting on Fox: “It’s huge to me. I’d rather fight on the Fox card than even a pay-per-view card. Just the viewers and the new viewers that are going to be watching on Fox too -- it’s going to be really cool. I feel that my fight’s going to make TV. I think Cub Swanson and I, we’re great fighters and we’re very explosive and both of us show up to fight. I think that’s going to make for a great fight. I know everybody always says that, but if you actually look at the fights of Cub Swanson and myself, we show up to fight every single time. You’re guaranteed an exciting fight for this one. Hopefully it makes the Fox card and we’ll get seen by a good 10 million people.”

On whether lightweights moving to featherweight should expect to have an advantage: “Hell no. Absolutely not. I think people might think, ‘Oh, they’re going to be the bigger guy. They’re going to be the stronger guy,’ but I tell you what -- it’s kind of like, I tried fighting down at 135 as well. It’s kind of the same concept. It’s a different game down at 145 pounds. It’s different. The speed is different. The timing is different. The type of guys you’re fighting are more explosive, give you different angles and are going to be quicker than the 155ers. Us at 145, the natural 145ers, we’re just going to have to be more prepared for these guys’ power. I welcome any 155ers to come down. I’ll be more than willing to step up and fight them and show them that they’ll want to go back up to their natural weight class.”

On where he stands in his career right now: “I should be on a two-fight winning streak right now over some big competitors. I feel like I have propelled my game very much in the last year or two and I’m coming into my prime.”

On featherweight champion Jose Aldo: “I don’t think Jose Aldo is indestructible. I do think he’s beatable. I just think these guys need to put more pressure on him and drag him into deep water. I feel that people give the champ too much respect. They go in there and they try to feel him out, and that plays right into Jose Aldo’s hands because he gets to pick you apart with those leg kicks and his dynamic striking. I feel like you need to push him up against the cage. I think Kenny Florian did a good job in showing that and so did Mark Hominick in just pressing the pace on him and staying in the fight with him and making it into a dogfight.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 49:57).

UFC Fight Night 86 co-headliner Gabriel Gonzaga wasn’t too worried about losing his job

All appearances to the contrary, longtime UFC heavyweight Gabriel Gonzaga said he didn’t fight to avoid losing his job in his last outing. He had more immediate concerns.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 results: Lucas Martins takes split decision from Robert Whiteford

ZAGREB, Croatia – Lucas Martins didn’t exactly overwhelm Robert Whiteford over the course of three very careful rounds, but he did outpoint him by the slimmest of margins in the end. Filed under: New read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 86 event in Croatia, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out some of tho read news >>

Penne vs. Andrade, Henderson vs. Lombard headed to UFC 199

A pair of exciting matchups are headed to the UFC’s summer return to the Los Angeles area, with Jessica Penne vs. Jessica Andrade and Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 results: Raquel Pennington takes close split decision from Bethe Correia

TAMPA, Fla. – Raquel Pennington and Bethe Correia beat each other bloody for three full rounds, and by the end it seemed like anybody’s guess as to who got the better of it. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Since the early days when the sport was anything but a mainstream endeavor, the MMA industry has thrived and survived through various websites, forums and, perhaps most importantly, social-media plat read news >>

Bellator 153's Patricio Freire plans to keep breaking records on way back to title

For his first fight back after losing Bellator’s featherweight title, things could’ve been a little better for Patricio Freire. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Beal vs. Yamamoto Heads to Ottawa

Hoping to snap a two-fight losing streak in Ottawa, former Ultimate Fighter standout Chris Beal will face Japanese superstar Kid Yamamoto in a bantamweight bout at TD Place Arena on June 18. read news >>

How Jon Jones won one title while losing another at UFC 197 (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Yes, Jones is now the interim light heavyweight champion, but flyweight Demetrious Johnson might have surpassed "Bones" as the best fighter in the world. read news >>

How Jon Jones won one title while losing another at UFC 197 (Yahoo Sports)