After losing a debatable split decision to Hatsu Hioki in October, George Roop will look to bounce back Jan. 28 when he takes on Cub Swanson at UFC on Fox 2.

Ahead of the bout, Roop joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup, featherweight champion Jose Aldo and more.

On Swanson: “I think he’s a great opponent. I think he’s a great fighter really. He’s a great athlete. He’s very well rounded. He’s really good everywhere and not terrible anywhere. He’s going to be a tough opponent and a tough test for me.”

On fighting on Fox: “It’s huge to me. I’d rather fight on the Fox card than even a pay-per-view card. Just the viewers and the new viewers that are going to be watching on Fox too -- it’s going to be really cool. I feel that my fight’s going to make TV. I think Cub Swanson and I, we’re great fighters and we’re very explosive and both of us show up to fight. I think that’s going to make for a great fight. I know everybody always says that, but if you actually look at the fights of Cub Swanson and myself, we show up to fight every single time. You’re guaranteed an exciting fight for this one. Hopefully it makes the Fox card and we’ll get seen by a good 10 million people.”

On whether lightweights moving to featherweight should expect to have an advantage: “Hell no. Absolutely not. I think people might think, ‘Oh, they’re going to be the bigger guy. They’re going to be the stronger guy,’ but I tell you what -- it’s kind of like, I tried fighting down at 135 as well. It’s kind of the same concept. It’s a different game down at 145 pounds. It’s different. The speed is different. The timing is different. The type of guys you’re fighting are more explosive, give you different angles and are going to be quicker than the 155ers. Us at 145, the natural 145ers, we’re just going to have to be more prepared for these guys’ power. I welcome any 155ers to come down. I’ll be more than willing to step up and fight them and show them that they’ll want to go back up to their natural weight class.”

On where he stands in his career right now: “I should be on a two-fight winning streak right now over some big competitors. I feel like I have propelled my game very much in the last year or two and I’m coming into my prime.”

On featherweight champion Jose Aldo: “I don’t think Jose Aldo is indestructible. I do think he’s beatable. I just think these guys need to put more pressure on him and drag him into deep water. I feel that people give the champ too much respect. They go in there and they try to feel him out, and that plays right into Jose Aldo’s hands because he gets to pick you apart with those leg kicks and his dynamic striking. I feel like you need to push him up against the cage. I think Kenny Florian did a good job in showing that and so did Mark Hominick in just pressing the pace on him and staying in the fight with him and making it into a dogfight.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 49:57).

UFC 187 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 187 event in Las Vegas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those reactions.Fi read news >>

UFC 187 Results: 5 Fights for Andrei Arlovski

Andrei Arlovski and Travis Browne put on an exciting heavyweight showcase at UFC 187 on Saturday night. Arlovski had Browne hurt early and pressured him in the cage until Browne landed a massive shot read news >>

Miesha Tate, Bryan Caraway on Reebok: I'm losing 80-90%, it's unfair for Women's MMA

Bantamweights Miesha Tate and Bryan Caraway discuss the numbers released on the Reebok deal. Popular UFC bantamweight Miesha Tate weighed in on the official Reebok numbers, and like Mousasi and other read news >>

Donald Cerrone says Reebok deal is 'awesome', but he'll be losing 60k a fight

Donald Cerrone is going to be taking a big loss in terms of sponsorship money when the UFC's Reebok deal kicks in, but he still thinks it's awesome. UFC lightweight Donald Cerrone is known for his ex read news >>

Donald Cerrone: 'I'm Going to Be Losing $60,000 a Fight' on UFC-Reebok Deal

Count Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone among the many UFC fighters who stand to lose money on the UFC's soon-to-be-implemented uniform plan with Reebok. According to Ryan McKinnell of Yahoo Sports, the rough- read news >>

Jessica Aguilar fires back at Carla Esparza: 'Sorry you keep losing to better fighters'

The week before Jessica Aguilar announced her split from World Series of Fighting, former UFC champion Carla Esparza gave Aguilar a mighty compelling reason to seek free agency. Largely unprovoked, E read news >>

UFC 188 Full Fight Flashback: Gilbert Melendez and Diego Sanchez’s War

• a day ago

Two of the UFC's most exciting lightweights squared off when Gilbert Melendez met Diego Sanchez at UFC 166 in Houston in October 2013. read news >>

Losing Invicta title helped open up gateway to UFC for Michelle Waterson

Maybe if Michelle Waterson retained her title back in December, she would have re-signed with Invicta. Maybe not. But either way, losing the Invicta women's atomweight title caused her to re-evaluate read news >>

Vitor Belfort: Reset Not Retire (UFC 187 Video)

Vitor Belfort talked to the press at the UFC 187 post fight press conference after losing to Chris Weidman. He said he's going to reset, not retire. read news >>

UFC 187 results: Rafael Natal stuns Uriah Hall with controversial split decision

LAS VEGAS – Rafael Natal managed to bust a lot of parlays when the heavy underdog managed to eek out a split decision over Uriah Hall.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>