Cris It may be the biggest fight in women’s MMA history that might not happen.

Following her win over Sarah Kaufman on Saturday night, Strikeforce bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey immediately called out former featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Santos.

In response, Santos ranted via Twitter with the conclusion pointing towards her possible exit from Strikeforce altogether.

Now 48 hours later and the two ladies are still going at it in the press with Rousey making her demands very clear about how the fight with Cyborg would happen.

Speaking to AXS TV’s Inside MMA on Monday, Rousey once again reiterated that she will only face Cyborg at 135 pounds, the weight class in which she is currently fighting and holds the title in. She also pointed out that if Cyborg returns to 145 pounds, there is simply no relevant opponents for her to face.

“Who else is she going to fight besides me anyways? I’ve got a whole line of girls waiting to fight me. She needs to fight me or else she’s pretty much done,” said Rousey.

Cyborg didn’t sit back and accept the comments and fired back, pointing out the fact that Rousey has fought at much higher weights before, but now won’t go back there because she doesn’t truly want to face her in the cage.

“She claims she is the ‘champion’ and openly challenges me to fight at 135 pounds. (She competed in the Beijing Olympics at 70kg/154lbs, and fought at 145 pounds in MMA till she learned she would have to fight me, and then dropped to 135 pounds.) Which I find laughable,” Cyborg said through a translator via a release to Inside MMA.

“I have never fought below 145 pounds, and I am considered the pound for pound top women’s fighter in the world! I have yet to lose a fight while holding the Strikeforce 145-pound title. My last fight was considered a no contest, but that has not changed the fact that I AM the women’s 145-pound champion.”

Cyborg goes on to state that she cannot safely cut down to 135 pounds due to health concerns, but “if Ronda is the future of WMMA, and is the ‘champion’ that she envisions… you know where I am, and I am more than willing to give you an opportunity to test me. I will fight you at 145 pounds, you know… the weight that you started at, and then you can have two belts, and prove to everyone that you are indeed a ‘champion’.”

Is this a test of wills to see which fighter will bend first to make this fight happen or will it ever happen?

Check out the video below to see Ronda Rousey’s appearance on Inside MMA:

She said it: Ronda Rousey in her own words

Few athletes have had the impact Ronda Rousey has had. But before ger UFC 207 main event in Las Vegas against Amanda Nunes, here’s a sampling of Rousey’s thoughts on her career and life in the eye of read news >>

UFC 207 medical suspensions: Ex-champs Ronda Rousey, Dominick Cruz get 45-day terms

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has issued mandatory medical suspensions to 11 fighters from this past weekend’s UFC 207 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

LeBron James Comments on Ronda Rousey After UFC 207 Loss vs. Amanda Nunes

Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James had words of support for MMA fighter Ronda Rousey after she lost her second straight fight on Saturday night, this time a 48-second knockout against Amanda read news >>

Cris Cyborg Sends Ronda Rousey a Sympathetic Message | MMAWeekly.com

After years of spewing venom at each other, Cris "Cyborg" Justino buried the hatchet with rival Ronda Rousey, sending her a message of sympathy. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Comments on Ronda Rousey After UFC 207 Loss to Amanda Nunes

Retired boxing icon Floyd Mayweather Jr. has offered crestfallen UFC superstar Ronda Rousey some words of encouragement following her second successive career defeat, which came against Amanda Nunes read news >>

Ansaroff confident after Nunes said she'd be next champ

After defeating Ronda Rousey at UFC 207, Amanda Nunes got on the mic and said Nina Ansaroff would be the next strawweight champ. Ansaroff is confident in herself to make that climb and it starts this read news >>

Ronda Rousey's First Photos Since UFC 207 Loss | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the first photos of Ronda Rousey since her loss to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207. read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey was 'mentally and physically ready' at UFC 207, unsure of next move

UFC President Dana White is apparently as unclear as the rest of the world when it comes to the next move in the career of former UFC champion Ronda Rousey.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joe Rogan doesn't expect Ronda Rousey back in UFC, but if so, must be in 'calculated manner'

Count Joe Rogan among those who don’t believe Ronda Rousey will fight again following her brutal 48-second knockout title loss to champ Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 this past month.Filed under: Featured, read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Says He's Open to Working with Ronda Rousey in TMZ Exclusive

Former boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. told TMZ Sports he would be willing to work with UFC star Ronda Rousey on her striking if she would have him. "I'll work with her if she's willing to work with me," read news >>