Cris It may be the biggest fight in women’s MMA history that might not happen.

Following her win over Sarah Kaufman on Saturday night, Strikeforce bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey immediately called out former featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Santos.

In response, Santos ranted via Twitter with the conclusion pointing towards her possible exit from Strikeforce altogether.

Now 48 hours later and the two ladies are still going at it in the press with Rousey making her demands very clear about how the fight with Cyborg would happen.

Speaking to AXS TV’s Inside MMA on Monday, Rousey once again reiterated that she will only face Cyborg at 135 pounds, the weight class in which she is currently fighting and holds the title in. She also pointed out that if Cyborg returns to 145 pounds, there is simply no relevant opponents for her to face.

“Who else is she going to fight besides me anyways? I’ve got a whole line of girls waiting to fight me. She needs to fight me or else she’s pretty much done,” said Rousey.

Cyborg didn’t sit back and accept the comments and fired back, pointing out the fact that Rousey has fought at much higher weights before, but now won’t go back there because she doesn’t truly want to face her in the cage.

“She claims she is the ‘champion’ and openly challenges me to fight at 135 pounds. (She competed in the Beijing Olympics at 70kg/154lbs, and fought at 145 pounds in MMA till she learned she would have to fight me, and then dropped to 135 pounds.) Which I find laughable,” Cyborg said through a translator via a release to Inside MMA.

“I have never fought below 145 pounds, and I am considered the pound for pound top women’s fighter in the world! I have yet to lose a fight while holding the Strikeforce 145-pound title. My last fight was considered a no contest, but that has not changed the fact that I AM the women’s 145-pound champion.”

Cyborg goes on to state that she cannot safely cut down to 135 pounds due to health concerns, but “if Ronda is the future of WMMA, and is the ‘champion’ that she envisions… you know where I am, and I am more than willing to give you an opportunity to test me. I will fight you at 145 pounds, you know… the weight that you started at, and then you can have two belts, and prove to everyone that you are indeed a ‘champion’.”

Is this a test of wills to see which fighter will bend first to make this fight happen or will it ever happen?

Check out the video below to see Ronda Rousey’s appearance on Inside MMA:

UFC Fight Night 81 Video: The War of Words Between T.J. Dillashaw and Dominick Cruz

Broadcaster Jon Anik moderates a heated sit down between former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and current belt holder TJ Dillashaw prior to their showdown. read news >>

Dana White Video: Ronda Rousey is the Biggest Star in the UFC, Bigger than Conor McGregor

Despite losing to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November, UFC president Dana White says that "Ronda Rousey is still the biggst star in the UFC." read news >>

Ronda Rousey to star in 'Do Nothing B-tches" movie with Tina Fey

Ronda Rousey caused a stir ahead of her bout with Bethe Correia at UFC 190 in Brazil when an episode of “UFC Embedded” featured the star giving her thoughts on a specific type of woman she detests.Fi read news >>

Ronda Rousey and Tina Fey Making 'Do Nothing Bitches' Film?

Ronda Rousey may have endured quite the beating at the hands of Holly Holm at UFC 193, but Hollywood has never stopped treating her like a star. According to Deadline.com, a pitch has been made to Un read news >>

UFC champ Holly Holm signs endorsement deal with illegal supplement maker

Holly Holm, whose victory over Ronda Rousey turned her into one of the UFC’s most visible fighters, has signed an endorsement deal with a supplement maker that sells products banned from the UFC and read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Daria Ibragimova: Winner, Recap, Reaction from Invicta FC 15

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's scorched-earth campaign through Invicta FC's featherweight division continued at Invicta 15 with the champion defeating Daria Ibragimova in the main event via first-round read news >>

Invicta FC 15 Results: Cris Cyborg Smashes Daria Ibragimova

Cris "Cyborg" Justino proved once again that she reigns on high as queen of Invicta with a first-round finish of Daria Ibragimova at Invicta FC 15 on Saturday in Orange County, Calif. read news >>

Should Holly Holm have waited for Ronda Rousey rematch? Fellow fighters discuss

BOSTON – UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm will soon attempt her first title defense, but it won’t be against Ronda Rousey. Is that the right move?Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Holly Holm Rematch and Discussions over Next Fight

Ronda Rousey has denied rumours she is planning to retire from MMA and insisted she will fight Holly Holm again in 2016. The former UFC women's bantamweight champion lost her title and her unbeaten r read news >>

Ronda Rousey targets Holly Holm rematch in 2016: 'That's what I want to do'

It won’t happen at UFC 200 in July, but Ronda Rousey wants her championship rematch with women’s bantamweight titleholder Holly Holm to take place before the year is out. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>