Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate TUF 18When UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey walked onto The Ultimate Fighter set for the first time to begin filming she was expecting to see opposing coach Cat Zigano in the room, but instead there stood arch rival Miesha Tate.

Rousey asked Tate what she was doing there and when she said she was coaching, the UFC champion stormed out of the room in search of UFC president Dana White thinking she had been replaced as a coach on the show.

Little did she know that Cat Zigano had actually blown out her knee and Tate was her replacement on the series.

“It was from a series of rushed decisions and miscommunication between me, my manager, my lawyer and the UFC,” Rousey said at a TUF Q&A media event. “I totally own all the fault. They were upset and they threatened to throw me off the show. I thought everything was cleared up.

“The last thing I heard was I don’t know what we’re going to do and I got there and Miesha walked in the door. My first assumption was that was the most clever way to replace me and defame me.”

Dana White, who was present at the media event, added his take on the story.

“Her lawyer, her Hollywood lawyer, was being a typical Hollywood… scumbag, and he called my office at like five or six o’clock on a Friday night when the girls were arriving on Sunday to start shooting and I flipped out,” White said.

“By the time her and I finally talked I was mad, I was yelling and I was screaming… typical me. We had resolved the issue, me and her did. Then when she turned up on the show, we didn’t tell her that Cat Zingano blew her knee out.

“Once she bumped into (Tate), she flipped out and thought I brought her out to kick her off the show, which I would never do in a million years. I thought she was just upset because she saw Miesha.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Dana White Hopes Ronda Rousey Returns This Year, but Sounds Uncertain

UFC president Dana White hopes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey returns to the cage this year, but the possibility is up in the air. read news >>

Rolling Stone: Toughest woman in the world arrives in UFC

Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate and Holly Holm are the most recognizable names in women's MMA. But Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino might be the most dominant, and she plans to prove it yet again on Saturday at read news >>

Dana White Calls Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor Fight 'Impossible'

UFC President Dana White thinks a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight is impractical. White said on ESPN Radio's Russillo & Kanell that the reason he doesn't see the 49-0 Mayweather taking on t read news >>

Dana White Comments on UFC Owners' Pursuit of Purchasing NFL Team

UFC President Dana White denied a Tuesday report from ESPN.com's Darren Rovell suggesting the promotion's majority owners, Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta of Zuffa, are looking to sell the business, but h read news >>

Cris Cyborg Shoots Down Ronda Rousey Talk, Plans Featherweight Return

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino made her UFC debut at UFC 198. It was a fight years in the making, highlighted by a dominant win in front of her hometown. It was her moment, and she wanted to make sure th read news >>

Cris Cyborg Doesn’t Believe People Will Talk About a Fight with Ronda Rousey

Don't put all your hope on Cris "Cyborg" Justino fighting Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate or Holly Holm at 135 pounds. Not yet, anyway. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Trolls Ronda Rousey on Facebook, Calls for UFC 205 Superfight in MSG

Cris Cyborg made her UFC debut Saturday against Leslie Smith at UFC 198, but she disappointed many fans by staying quiet about archrival Ronda Rousey. But Sunday morning, she rekindled the superfight read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. the World: How She Stacks Up with Ronda Rousey and the UFC Elite

Cris Cyborg made her long-awaited debut in the UFC on Saturday at UFC 198 and left no doubt as to whether she belonged. The Curitiba, Brazil native flattened Leslie Smith in 81 seconds, and while Smi read news >>

Dana White Lookin’ for a Fight, Episode 5: Their First Rodeo

Dana White, Matt Serra and Nick "The Tooth" head to Houston, Texas for a trip like no other. The guys attempt to cowboy up on horseback and then upgrade to bull riding. read news >>

Chris Weidman Reveals Neck Injury That Could Put Him Out 6 to 12 Weeks

News broke on Tuesday that Chris Weidman was out of UFC 199. On Wednesday, he revealed a serious neck injury that could put him out 6 to 12 weeks. read news >>