Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate TUF 18When UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey walked onto The Ultimate Fighter set for the first time to begin filming she was expecting to see opposing coach Cat Zigano in the room, but instead there stood arch rival Miesha Tate.

Rousey asked Tate what she was doing there and when she said she was coaching, the UFC champion stormed out of the room in search of UFC president Dana White thinking she had been replaced as a coach on the show.

Little did she know that Cat Zigano had actually blown out her knee and Tate was her replacement on the series.

“It was from a series of rushed decisions and miscommunication between me, my manager, my lawyer and the UFC,” Rousey said at a TUF Q&A media event. “I totally own all the fault. They were upset and they threatened to throw me off the show. I thought everything was cleared up.

“The last thing I heard was I don’t know what we’re going to do and I got there and Miesha walked in the door. My first assumption was that was the most clever way to replace me and defame me.”

Dana White, who was present at the media event, added his take on the story.

“Her lawyer, her Hollywood lawyer, was being a typical Hollywood… scumbag, and he called my office at like five or six o’clock on a Friday night when the girls were arriving on Sunday to start shooting and I flipped out,” White said.

“By the time her and I finally talked I was mad, I was yelling and I was screaming… typical me. We had resolved the issue, me and her did. Then when she turned up on the show, we didn’t tell her that Cat Zingano blew her knee out.

“Once she bumped into (Tate), she flipped out and thought I brought her out to kick her off the show, which I would never do in a million years. I thought she was just upset because she saw Miesha.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Is Ronda Rousey Pregnant? Dana White Squashes the Rumor

UFC president Dana White's job is never ending and never the same. Thursday night, he spent his time squashing a Ronda Rousey pregnancy rumor. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Dana White and Amy Schumer

UFC President Dana White joins to discuss UFC 202, a possible Rumble Johnson-Jon Jones fight, Ronda Rousey's status for UFC in NYC, and much, much more. Then, comic, actress, and author Amy Schumer s read news >>

Ronda Rousey: Latest News, Rumors, Speculation Surrounding UFC Star's Next Fight

• a day ago

UFC President Dana White confirmed no final decision has been made about Ronda Rousey's long-awaited return to the Octagon. Her last fight was a loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November. On Tuesday, read news >>

Dana White Confirms Ronda Rousey Not Fighting at UFC 205 in New York

• a day ago

UFC president Dana White revealed on Tuesday that Ronda Rousey will not be part of the inaugural UFC event in New York on November 12. read news >>

Nate Diaz on UFC 202 Rematch with Conor McGregor: ‘I Thought I Won the Fight’

• 17 hours ago

Nate Diaz handed Conor McGregor his first UFC loss at UFC 196. McGregor won the rematch, but Diaz believes the judges go it wrong at UFC 202. read news >>

Dana White Wants to Make Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson for a Shot at Daniel Cormier

• a day ago

Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier are both ready to rematch each other, but UFC president Dana White may have other plans, which include Jon Jones. read news >>

BJ Penn Expects to Return in November, Reponds to Dana White’s Comments

B.J. Penn expects to return to the UFC in November and responds to Dana White's recent comments about him not living up to his full potential. read news >>

Dana White Video: UFC Sale ‘Kind of Bugged Me Out a Little Bit’

The sale of the company he helped build, has UFC president Dana White "kind of bugged out." read news >>

Video: Dana White Gives His Immediate Reaction, Breaks Down UFC 201

Dana White gave his immediate reaction to UFC 201, a card that saw Tyron Woodley take out Robbie Lawler in the first round to win the 170-pound title. read news >>

Dana White 'Would Love' Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz in Poland

Karolina Kowalkiewicz all but assured her title shot with a split-decision victory over Rose Namajunas at UFC 201. Kowalkiewicz entered as the No. 5-ranked strawweight with Namajunas holding the No. read news >>