02-Ronda-Rousey-UFC-170-w-0671-b-478x270UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is one of the busiest people in mixed martial arts. She made her professional debut in March 2011 and hasn’t slowed down since. She’s coached a season of The Ultimate Fighter and filmed The Expendables 3, Fast & Furious 7 and Entourage over the last calendar year.

On July 5, Rousey will put her title on the line for the fourth time when she faces Alexis Davis in the UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida co-main event. Following the fight, Rousey plans to take a well-deserved vacation.

“I keep talking about how I’m going to take a break. I really do say every time I’m in camp, ‘oh man, I can’t wait to take a vacation,’ and I really need it this time. I think I’m really going to do it this time,” Rousey recently told The Great MMA Debate Podcast.

“I think I’m going to take a vacation in August, probably like the end of August or beginning of September. I might even go somewhere for like a month just to break it up a little bit because I have been constantly on the go, charging it since 2010 it feels like. I work in quadrennials. So it’s 2014 now. It’s like I’ve gone through a whole Olympic cycle. I’m ready to take a little bit of a break after this one,” she said.

While Rousey has grown accustomed to her fast-paced lifestyle, she knows that eventually she’s going to have to takes some time off.

“I can’t go forever, or I will end up burning the candle at both ends at some point. So I’m just going to beat Alexis, I’m going to promote this movie, and then I’m really going to take some time to rest a little bit,” said the 27-year-old.

But there’s no need to panic. Rousey isn’t planning to take an extended hiatus from the sport. She’ll be back in the Octagon before long.

“My version of taking a little bit of time to rest might be much different than Georges St-Pierre’s, where he needs so long that he needs to give up his belt,” she said. “I don’t plan on taking that long of a break, long for me, which is probably like a month of doing something else. One month of just not training.”

Ronda Rousey Not Going Away, Plans to Fight Holly Holm Later This Year

For those that question Ronda Rousey's resiliency, no, she's not going away anytime soon. In fact, she intends to return to the Octagon later this year. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Holly Holm Rematch and Discussions over Next Fight

Ronda Rousey has denied rumours she is planning to retire from MMA and insisted she will fight Holly Holm again in 2016. The former UFC women's bantamweight champion lost her title and her unbeaten r read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Holly Holm Rematch and Discussions over Next Fight

Ronda Rousey has denied rumours she is planning to retire from MMA and insisted she will fight Holly Holm again in 2016. The former UFC women's bantamweight champion lost her title and her unbeaten r read news >>

Ronda Rousey targets Holly Holm rematch in 2016: 'That's what I want to do'

It won’t happen at UFC 200 in July, but Ronda Rousey wants her championship rematch with women’s bantamweight titleholder Holly Holm to take place before the year is out. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Slams Rafael dos Anjos, Reveals Welterweight Plans in UFC Presser

Conor McGregor believes he could beat everyone "in the game" in four months and has vowed to claim three UFC belts in 2016 while speaking at the UFC 197 press conference Wednesday in Las Vegas. The N read news >>

Ronda Rousey Told to Show Her Face by Mike Tyson in Conan Interview

Former world heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson has encouraged UFC star Ronda Rousey to step out of the shadows, insisting the former bantamweight titleholder has nothing to be ashamed of. Rousey read news >>

Video: Ronda Rousey throws 'SNL' cast member Beck Bennett before Saturday's show

Ronda Rousey may have her return to the octagon on hold for the time being, but she’ll take a crack at holding the sketch comedy world’s attention on Saturday. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Why Holly Holm bypassed immediate big payday of a Ronda Rousey rematch (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: In what could be criticized as a bad business decision, Holm explains the benefit of stepping into the Octagon against Miesha Tate. read news >>

Ronda Rousey to host SNL this Saturday, Jan. 23

UFC superstar Ronda Rousey is set to host Saturday Night Live on Jan. 23, 2016, and NBC has released a set of promotional videos featuring the former champion and comedian Beck Bennett. read news >>