02-Ronda-Rousey-UFC-170-w-0671-b-478x270UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is one of the busiest people in mixed martial arts. She made her professional debut in March 2011 and hasn’t slowed down since. She’s coached a season of The Ultimate Fighter and filmed The Expendables 3, Fast & Furious 7 and Entourage over the last calendar year.

On July 5, Rousey will put her title on the line for the fourth time when she faces Alexis Davis in the UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida co-main event. Following the fight, Rousey plans to take a well-deserved vacation.

“I keep talking about how I’m going to take a break. I really do say every time I’m in camp, ‘oh man, I can’t wait to take a vacation,’ and I really need it this time. I think I’m really going to do it this time,” Rousey recently told The Great MMA Debate Podcast.

“I think I’m going to take a vacation in August, probably like the end of August or beginning of September. I might even go somewhere for like a month just to break it up a little bit because I have been constantly on the go, charging it since 2010 it feels like. I work in quadrennials. So it’s 2014 now. It’s like I’ve gone through a whole Olympic cycle. I’m ready to take a little bit of a break after this one,” she said.

While Rousey has grown accustomed to her fast-paced lifestyle, she knows that eventually she’s going to have to takes some time off.

“I can’t go forever, or I will end up burning the candle at both ends at some point. So I’m just going to beat Alexis, I’m going to promote this movie, and then I’m really going to take some time to rest a little bit,” said the 27-year-old.

But there’s no need to panic. Rousey isn’t planning to take an extended hiatus from the sport. She’ll be back in the Octagon before long.

“My version of taking a little bit of time to rest might be much different than Georges St-Pierre’s, where he needs so long that he needs to give up his belt,” she said. “I don’t plan on taking that long of a break, long for me, which is probably like a month of doing something else. One month of just not training.”

Ronda Rousey Comments on Cristiane 'Cyborg' Justino, Retirement Plans

UFC sensation Ronda Rousey is only planning to fight for a couple more years, though she states there's no exact timetable for her exit from the sport. The women's bantamweight champion admits a lot read news >>

ONE Championship VP Rich Franklin still planning return to UFC

The vice president of Singapore-based MMA promotion ONE Championship still plans to close out his career in the UFC octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm isn't ideal, but likely part of plans for UFC 200

Why is Holly Holm getting the nod over UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey? It's not entirely clear, but upon closer examination, there is a certain logic to it all and it may be centered read news >>

Video of Cris Cyborg on SportsCenter: 'I'll fight Ronda Rousey tomorrow, I'm ready'

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey was right, a potential fight against Cristiane Justino is the mixed martial arts (MMA) equivalent of "Mayweather vs. Pa read news >>

'Cyborg's' manager explains threat of lawsuit against UFC champ Ronda Rousey

Cristiane Justino’s attorney and manager said the Invicta FC featherweight champion won’t stand by if UFC women’s bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey continues to accuse her of using steroids. File read news >>

Cris Cyborg's tells UFC: Don't make Ronda Rousey fight for me, make it for the fans

Cris Cyborg has a message for the UFC regarding a potential fight between her and Ronda Rousey. "This fight has to happen," Cyborg said on ESPN's SportsCenter on Wednesday morning. "If the UFC thinks read news >>

Bethe Correia: I promise to beat Ronda Rousey and take her UFC title in 2016 rematch

I guess Bethe Correia missed that bit from Martin Lawrence about getting knocked out. The former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight No. 1 contender was iced by reigning divisio read news >>

Ronda Rousey would be 'close' to making Floyd Mayweather's money in 50 fights

UFC women's star Ronda Rousey discusses the pay gap between herself and Floyd Mayweather. 'Money' Mayweather is an apt nickname for the boxing legend. The undefeated boxer earned a staggering $180 mi read news >>

Live Chat: Ronda Rousey mania, UFC 190 results, UFC Fight Night 73 preview

This is the Promotional Malpractice Live Chat. What an insane month it's been. As I wrote prior to the fight in my What's At Stake column, UFC 189 and 190 feel an awful lot like UFC 100 and 101. This read news >>

Why UFC champ Ronda Rousey left her belt in Brazil after UFC 190

Following a victory at this past weekend’s massive UFC 190 event, women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has left her belt in Brazil – but for a good reason.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>