Ronda-Rousey-UFC-157-1Ronda Rousey admits that nerves weren’t a problem for her as she finished off Liz Carmouch with her trademark armbar finish in the first ever women’s fight in the UFC.

“Nerves were really not bad at all,” Rousey said after the fight. “I felt like when I was in there, the last time I was in there was yesterday, and the second I walked out it seemed like it was a million years ago.

“It’s like a weird kinda limbo place to be in, but I didn’t feel nervous.”

For the first time in her short career, Rousey was in danger early in the fight as Carmouche took her back, looking for a standing rear naked choke, but the first UFC women’s champion was able to break free before going on to snatch a submission of her own.

“It was a tricky situation to be in, especially after I saw Urijah earlier on, I was like ‘oh, oh’,” Rousey revealed. “I wasn’t worried, but I was very aware of the severity of the situation.”

It was a history-making win for the 26-year-old, and one that was years in the making as just last year UFC president Dana White had still been opposed to women fighting in the Octagon.

“I’m just glad it was a great fight and I feel like we delivered up to the hype. The place was going nuts, and I’m glad it was a full house. I’m just honored to be a part of it. This is something really special and it might take a little while to sink in.”

Follow @AndrewPMMA on Twitter).

Ronda Rousey's Return Possibly Pushed Back to 2017, Says Dana White

The question of "When will Ronda Rousey return?" keeps getting more and more complicated. Speaking with Cari Champion on ESPN's SportsCenter (h/t MMAFighting.com for the transcription), UFC President read news >>

Ronda Rousey Undergoes Surgery, Might Not Make UFC Return Until 2017

Ronda Rousey underwent surgery on Wednesday, which UFC president Dana White said could delay her return until 2017. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Injury: Updates on UFC Star's Recovery from Knee Surgery

Ronda Rousey may not return until 2017 because of knee surgery, according to UFC President Dana White. On Thursday, White said on SportsCenter (via Yahoo Sports' Andreas Hale) that Rousey had the pro read news >>

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Late last year, Brock Lesnar said he felt he got "robbed" by diverticulitis that cost him the prime of his UFC career. Now, as he prepares for a one-off return at UFC 200, Lesnar's ready to prove to read news >>

Joe Rogan Believes Ronda Rousey Thought She Was Special, And Fell Victim to Hollywood ‘Traps’

UFC commentator Joe Rogan believes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey thought she was special and fell victim to Hollywood 'traps.' read news >>

How Stephen Thompson felt when he found out he was fighting his friend (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Thompson thought he was in line for a shot at the welterweight title. Instead, he has to fight Rory MacDonald. read news >>

Miesha Tate Comments on Ronda Rousey Ahead of UFC 200 Fight vs. Amanda Nunes

UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion Miesha Tate has branded Ronda Rousey “pouty” and has questioned whether her rival will ever return to her very best. Tate was speaking on Conan as preparations conti read news >>

Miesha Tate Video: I Need to Fight Ronda Rousey Again, I Also Want to Fight Cris Cyborg

UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate says something would be missing from her career if she didn't get to fight Ronda Rousey again. read news >>

Will Ronda Rousey ever rebound from Holly Holm loss? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Rousey's disappearing act since her defeat leaves questions as to where she's at mentally and whether we'll ever see her fight again. read news >>