Ronda-Rousey-UFC-157-1Ronda Rousey admits that nerves weren’t a problem for her as she finished off Liz Carmouch with her trademark armbar finish in the first ever women’s fight in the UFC.

“Nerves were really not bad at all,” Rousey said after the fight. “I felt like when I was in there, the last time I was in there was yesterday, and the second I walked out it seemed like it was a million years ago.

“It’s like a weird kinda limbo place to be in, but I didn’t feel nervous.”

For the first time in her short career, Rousey was in danger early in the fight as Carmouche took her back, looking for a standing rear naked choke, but the first UFC women’s champion was able to break free before going on to snatch a submission of her own.

“It was a tricky situation to be in, especially after I saw Urijah earlier on, I was like ‘oh, oh’,” Rousey revealed. “I wasn’t worried, but I was very aware of the severity of the situation.”

It was a history-making win for the 26-year-old, and one that was years in the making as just last year UFC president Dana White had still been opposed to women fighting in the Octagon.

“I’m just glad it was a great fight and I feel like we delivered up to the hype. The place was going nuts, and I’m glad it was a full house. I’m just honored to be a part of it. This is something really special and it might take a little while to sink in.”

Follow @AndrewPMMA on Twitter).

Ronda Rousey’s UFC Return Planned for November or December

Ronda Rousey won't be back in time for UFC 200, but Dana White makes it sound as if she might be on target for a date in New York. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's UFC Return Amid Miesha Tate Fight Rumours

UFC president Dana White believes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is "ready to fight" again, and she will return to the Octagon in November or December. That could open the door for read news >>

Cris Cyborg Expects Big UFC Fights in Her Future: Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, Miesha Tate

On May 14 in Curitiba, Brazil, Cris Cyborg makes her UFC debut in a 140-pound catchweight bout, but sees much bigger fights in her future. read news >>

Cris Cyborg UFC 198 Media Scrum: ‘I Believe Ronda Rousey Can Be Champion Again’

Cris Cyborg talked about her Octagon debut with Leslie Smith, her relationship with Dana White, and her thoughts on Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Mike Dolce: After coaches meeting, Ronda Rousey plotting return and 'world domination'

This past month, renowned MMA nutritionist Mike Dolce found himself in Los Angeles for a “coaches meeting” with longtime client Ronda Rousey.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

Cast revealed for Season 23 of 'The Ultimate Fighter' with coaches Jedrzejczyk, Gadelha

Season 23 “The Ultimate Fighter,” the UFC’s long-running reality competition, debuts in two weeks on FOX Sports 1, and today the cast was revealed. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey Plans 'World Domination' as Lyoto Machida Issues Cyborg Warning

Ronda Rousey is planning a return to the UFC and is aiming to reassert the dominance she enjoyed before her November defeat to Holly Holm, according to her nutrition coach, Mike Dolce. Before the bru read news >>

Miesha Tate Video: Dishing on Amanda Nunes Fight Ahead of Ronda Rousey or Holly Holm

Miesha Tate talks about facing Amanda Nunes, potential rematches with Holly Holm and Ronda Rousey, and what's on the horizon with Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Bellator's Phil Davis, a year after free agency: ‘It was the most indifferent I’ve felt’

Phil Davis is visibly hungry in 2016. The current Bellator light heavyweight didn’t always feel that way in 2015 as he closed out his UFC career and tested free agency.Filed under: Bellator, News, UF read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Confirms UFC Talks over Potential Return

UFC legend Georges St-Pierre has revealed he is in talks with the UFC about a potential comeback. The former welterweight champion hasn’t been in action inside the Octagon since his split-decision wi read news >>