According to Ronda Rousey, she was never in any danger.

The UFC women’s bantamweight champion successfully defended her crown on Saturday night in the main event of UFC 157, using her signature armbar to submit Liz Carmouche in the first round. Though Rousey would go on to submit her challenger in typical fashion, the judoka looked to be in trouble early against Carmouche at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

After scoring with a trip, Rousey make a positional error while sitting on a scarf hold and allowed Carmouche take her back. In response, the Olympic bronze medalist stood and tried to pry the challenger’s hooks off as Carmouche cranked on her mouth and jaw, working for a rear-naked choke. Rousey’s face appeared contorted and crushed, but the champion said she was more concerned with a potential wardrobe malfunction than the technique.

“The good thing is that, on the ground, I feel so comfortable in every position that I don’t feel like I’m ever in any danger, so I feel comfortable taking a lot of risks. I felt fine with her on my back. I felt very calm and in control, even though it didn’t look like that,” Rousey told Fox Sports after her victory. “I was thinking more about keeping my sports bra up while she was trying to choke me. If you actually look, at one point, I was adjusting myself when she was on my back. [I was] multitasking.”

The champion managed to twist her hips and shake Carmouche off, after which she recovered the scarf hold and transitioned to the armbar.

“I was worried I was running out of time. I take my time a lot more in MMA than I did in judo, so I was just trying to take my time and do it right,” said Rousey. “But I was also worried because I didn’t know how much time I had, so it was a hard balance to find, I guess.”

Rousey eventually found her favorite technique, though Carmouche resisted till the bitter end, submitting with just 11 seconds remaining in the opening round.

“I knew she would be very, very tough. I was expecting to go five rounds,” said Rousey. “With 10 seconds’ difference, it could have gone to the next round and been very different. She’s extremely tough. Much respect to her.”

Despite being just hours removed from her first UFC title defense, Rousey already had her eyes set on her next challenge.

“I’m very interested to see Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano at the ‘TUF’ finale,” said Rousey. “I’m going to watch that fight [in person], and I’d be very interested in taking on the winner.”

Champ 'Cyborg' Justino: 5 Invicta fights left, still hope of facing Ronda Rousey

For Invicta FC featherweight champ Cristiane Justino, the prospect of a fight with ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey still looms, though not as strongly as before. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Holly Holm's Head Coach Hopes Ronda Rousey Has the Guts for Rematch at UFC 200

The possible Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey rematch at UFC 200 is still very much in play. And the champ's coach, Mike Winkeljohn, hopes Rousey has the guts to step up for the rematch. In an interview w read news >>

The Comeback: Nate Diaz lashes out, 'Cyborg' still hopes for Ronda Rousey

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Monday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Bella read news >>

UFC 196's Werdum vs. Velasquez headliner gets referee, judges

The Nevada State Athletic Commission today named the officials for next month’s UFC 196 headliner.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holly Holm%26#x2019;s striking coach wonders if Ronda Rousey has the %26#x2018;guts%26#x2019; for a rematch (Yahoo Sport

From Yahoo Sports: Mike Winkeljohn knows how big a rematch will be, he just isn’t sure if Rousey will want one. read news >>

Reader’s Choice 2015 Upset of the Year: Holly Holm’s UFC 193 Knockout of Ronda Rousey

The Upset of the Year category generated the most one-sided voting out of all the 2015 Reader’s Choice Award nominations. The winner brought in 76-percent of the votes. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Unlikely to Fight at UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey will not fight at UFC 200 as previously planned because of scheduling commitments related to her movie career. According to UFC President Dana Wh read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey won’t rematch champ Holly Holm at UFC 200

The real reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm’s next fight is against Miesha Tate is because ex-champ Ronda Rousey’s schedule changed, according to UFC President Dana White. Filed unde read news >>

Ronda Rousey Taking More Time Off, Won’t Fight at UFC 200

Former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey wants more time off from fighting and will not be competing on the July 9 UFC 200 fight card. read news >>