According to Ronda Rousey, she was never in any danger.

The UFC women’s bantamweight champion successfully defended her crown on Saturday night in the main event of UFC 157, using her signature armbar to submit Liz Carmouche in the first round. Though Rousey would go on to submit her challenger in typical fashion, the judoka looked to be in trouble early against Carmouche at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

After scoring with a trip, Rousey make a positional error while sitting on a scarf hold and allowed Carmouche take her back. In response, the Olympic bronze medalist stood and tried to pry the challenger’s hooks off as Carmouche cranked on her mouth and jaw, working for a rear-naked choke. Rousey’s face appeared contorted and crushed, but the champion said she was more concerned with a potential wardrobe malfunction than the technique.

“The good thing is that, on the ground, I feel so comfortable in every position that I don’t feel like I’m ever in any danger, so I feel comfortable taking a lot of risks. I felt fine with her on my back. I felt very calm and in control, even though it didn’t look like that,” Rousey told Fox Sports after her victory. “I was thinking more about keeping my sports bra up while she was trying to choke me. If you actually look, at one point, I was adjusting myself when she was on my back. [I was] multitasking.”

The champion managed to twist her hips and shake Carmouche off, after which she recovered the scarf hold and transitioned to the armbar.

“I was worried I was running out of time. I take my time a lot more in MMA than I did in judo, so I was just trying to take my time and do it right,” said Rousey. “But I was also worried because I didn’t know how much time I had, so it was a hard balance to find, I guess.”

Rousey eventually found her favorite technique, though Carmouche resisted till the bitter end, submitting with just 11 seconds remaining in the opening round.

“I knew she would be very, very tough. I was expecting to go five rounds,” said Rousey. “With 10 seconds’ difference, it could have gone to the next round and been very different. She’s extremely tough. Much respect to her.”

Despite being just hours removed from her first UFC title defense, Rousey already had her eyes set on her next challenge.

“I’m very interested to see Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano at the ‘TUF’ finale,” said Rousey. “I’m going to watch that fight [in person], and I’d be very interested in taking on the winner.”

Ronda Rousey to Play Lead Role in Upcoming 'Road House' Reboot

If you haven't yelled "road house" and kicked over your clothes hamper in a while, consider Ronda Rousey landing her latest movie gig a call to action.As MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani (h/t Marc Raimon read news >>

Ronda Rousey's 'Road House' remake in the works

The UFC star's film career is really starting to hit full stride with an ever growing list of upcoming film projects. A great man once said, "Pain don't hurt." He may have been talking about a stab w read news >>

Ronda Rousey to play Patrick Swayze role in 'Road House' reboot

Ronda Rousey has added another project to her burgeoning Hollywood career.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Ronda Rousey cast in lead role of 'Road House' remake

I thought you'd be bigger male. Hollywood is moving forward with a remake of the 1989 cult classic "Road House," which starred the late Patrick Swayze as "Dalton," an even-tempered bouncer who elects read news >>

The MMA Hour - 297 - Holly Holm

Holly Holm will talk about fighting Ronda Rousey at UFC 193. read news >>

Ronda Rousey to star in remake of 1980s cult classic 'Road House'

The achievements just keep rolling in for Ronda Rousey. The UFC women's bantamweight champion will star in a reprisal of 1980s cult classic Road House, her agent Brand Slater of William Morris Endeav read news >>

The Comeback: UFC 191's biggest earner, Bellator's new headliner, Cejudo's title shot

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Tuesday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Bell read news >>

Holly Holm Approves of Conor McGregor, Dishes on Ronda Rousey Title Fight

Since being announced as the top contender for the UFC women's bantamweight title, Holly Holm has been quite busy. That's not surprising, of course, as the already rigorous training regimen has new m read news >>

How does Floyd Mayweather view Ronda Rousey? 'He doesn't'

If Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather is still a topic of public discussion, it's not due to any work or interest on Floyd's part says Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe. When it comes down to read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm: The Preacher's Daughter Comments on UFC 193 Fight

Holly Holm has the unenviable task of being the next woman to step into the Octagon to face Ronda Rousey, and the MMA star known as the Preacher’s Daughter has insisted that while the bout at UFC 193 read news >>