For the first time in the UFC, Roland Delorme gets a true home fight.
The bantamweight fighting out of Winnipeg, Manitoba, has a slot on this summer’s card in Canada in his home city. Delorme (8-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will meet Edwin Figueroa (9-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) at UFC 161. UFC officials announced the fight booking late Wednesday.
UFC 161 takes place June 15 at MTS Centre in Winnipeg with a main card on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook. The main event is an interim bantamweight title fight between interim champ Renan Barao and former WEC champion Eddie Wineland.
Delorme will be fighting for the first time in 11 months. He suffered a knockout loss to Francisco Rivera at UFC 149 this past July, but that fight was overturned to a no contest after Rivera failed a post-fight drug test. Delorme, a cast member on Season 14 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” won his first two official UFC fights by submission against Josh Ferguson and Nick Denis, the latter coming with just one second left in the first round at UFC on FOX 3.
Figueroa will be looking to get back in the win column after a February loss to Rivera at UFC 156, where he fell by second-round TKO. Prior to that, he had built up a two-fight streak with wins over Alex Caceres and Jason Reinhardt following a “Fight of the Night” loss in his UFC debut in March 2011.
The latest UFC 161 card now includes:
- Champ Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland – for interim bantamweight title
- Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua
- Jake Shields vs. Tyron Woodley
- Sean Pierson vs. Anthony Waldburger
- Patrick Barry vs. Shawn Jordan
- Sam Stout vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Stipe Miocic vs. Soa Palelei
- Mitch Clarke vs. John Maguire
- Roland Delorme vs. Edwin Figueroa
For the latest on UFC 161, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Roland Delorme)