A featherweight bout between Rodrigo Damm (10-6 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Mizuto Hirota (14-6-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is targeted for the quickly filling UFC on FUEL TV 10 fight card.
Tatame.com first reported the bout, though UFC officials haven’t made a formal announcement.
UFC on FUEL TV 10, which also serves as the finale for “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2,” takes place June 8, likely at Ginasio Paulo Sarasate in Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil. The main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.
Damm vs. Hirota likely will be part of the prelims.
With three losses in his past four pro bouts, Damm likely finds himself in a must-win situation. After a quarterfinal finish on “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil” (doctors ultimately cut short his tourney run), the Strikeforce and World Victory Road/Sengoku vet earned a submission win over Anistavio Medeiros at UFC 147. However, at UFC 154 back in November, the Brazilian suffered a split-decision defeat to Antonio Carvalho.
He looks to get back in the win column against Hirota, who looks to end a two-fight skid of his own. After a Strikeforce-debut loss to Pat Healy, the Japanese fighter and former Sengoku lightweight champion made his UFC and featherweight debut and suffered a decision loss to Rani Yahya at UFC on FUEL TV 8 earlier this month.
With the addition, the UFC on FUEL TV 10 lineup now includes:
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Fabricio Werdum
- TBA vs. TBA – “TUF: Brazil 2? tournament final
- Rafael Cavalcante vs. Thiago Silva
- John Hathaway vs. Erick Silva
- Rony Jason vs. Mike Wilkinson*
- Caio Magalhaes vs. Karlos Vemola*
- Derek Brunson vs. Ronny Markes*
- Ildemar Alcantara vs. Jason High*
- Rodrigo Damm vs. Mizuto Hirota*
- Eddie Mendez vs. Daniel Sarafian*
- Felipe Arantes vs. Godofredo Pepey*
* – Not officially announced
For the latest on UFC on FUEL TV 10, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Rodrigo Damm)
view original article >>