Robbie Lawler - StrikeforceRobbie Lawler hasn’t fought in the UFC in nearly a decade.  He debuted in the organization at UFC 37 in May 2002 at the age of 20.  He had a seven-fight stint inside the Octagon, going 4-3.  His last fight under the UFC banner was at UFC 50 in 2004 where he lost to former champion Evan Tanner by submission.

Lawler returns at UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche on Saturday against Josh Koscheck.

“It’s exciting.  I didn’t realize it was that long.  It makes me feel old.  I’m excited to fight.  I’ve been training hard and this is a great opportunity and I’m happy to be here,” Lawler said during the UFC 157 pre-fight press conference.

Now 30, Lawler feels he’s more prepared than he was when he first arrived in the UFC.

“This is the big show.  I think the first time I was here, I didn’t really want to do everything.  I just wanted to fight, just come in here and fight.  I didn’t want to do the PR.  I didn’t want to talk to the media.  Now I think I’m ready for that.  I’m excited to be here,” he said.

After leaving the UFC, Lawler fought in several promotions: ICON Sport, International Fight League, Pride, EliteXC, and Strikeforce.  Most of that time, he competed as a middleweight.  UFC 157 isn’t only his return to the UFC, it’s also his return to the welterweight division.

“Guys were cutting a lot of weight, and I was kind of walking around at the weight I was fighting at, which I like to do. I like to fight and compete and I think for me to fight at a higher level, I think I need to cut a little bit of weight,” Lawler said about returning to the 170-pound weight class.

“I knew I was going to come back to the UFC and I wanted to cut down to 170 when I did it.”

Lawler expects a war with Koscheck.

“Josh has got a lot of fights in the UFC.  He’s a big, strong wrestler with strong stand-up and it’s going to be a war.  I’m ready to go.”

Depsite past win over champ Dillashaw, Raphael Assuncao just wants to be remembered

Raphael Assuncao hasn’t fought since October 2014, but with UFC bantamweight title on the line on Sunday at UFC Fight Night 81, his name is as relevant as ever. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

VIDEO: TJ Dillshaw Claims Conor McGregor Persona is Fake

UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw talks about newly crowned featherweight champion Conor McGregor, and says the Irishman's persona is fake. read news >>

The State of the UFC Flyweight Division

The flyweight division has the distinction of being the UFC's only weight class to have had just one champion. While this absence of parity can partly be attributed to the division's recent inception read news >>

Dominick Cruz Says UFC Paid for His Surgeries, His Therapy, and His Suit (Video)

Dominick Cruz talks about the financial struggles of being a professional fighter, but says the UFC paid for his surgeries, his physical therapy and his suit. read news >>

TJ Dillashaw on Dominick Cruz: ‘He’s a Point Fighter; I’m Trying to Finish Fights’ (Video)

UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw talks about his upcoming title defense against former titleholder Dominick Cruz at UFC Fight Night 81 in Boston on Jan. 17. read news >>

Adam Stroup is Confident, but Knows He Hasn’t Even Scratched the Surface Yet

Adam Stroup is confident heading into Friday night's RFA 34 in Denver, but believes he hasn't even come close to realizing his full potential. read news >>

The legend of Dominick Cruz, and the quest to solidify it as fact

Dominick Cruz has fought so infrequently in recent years that he’s become something of an MMA myth. By throwing himself straight into the fire against champion T.J. Dillashaw, he gains a chance to be read news >>

Francimar Barroso excited for first fight on American soil at UFC Fight Night 81

Francimar Barroso has only fought once a year since making his UFC debut in 2013. Despite the inactivity, he is sure he can show people he’s ready to fight at the top of the division.Filed under: New read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Daria Ibragimova: Winner, Recap, Reaction from Invicta FC 15

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's scorched-earth campaign through Invicta FC's featherweight division continued at Invicta 15 with the champion defeating Daria Ibragimova in the main event via first-round read news >>

Dominick Cruz Explains Why T.J. Dillashaw Title Fight Will Be ‘Interesting’ (Video)

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz talks about his upcoming UFC Fight Night 81 title fight against champion T.J. Dillashaw and thinks it's an interesting match-up. read news >>