Richard Hale BellatorSporting back-to-back wins heading into Friday’s Bellator 75 in Hammond, Ind., it’s likely people would say Richard Hale got back on track with the first of those wins, but in truth he feels it started with the loss proceeding them.

“It actually created momentum,” said Hale. “People look at the 18-second knockout against Carlos (Flores) as the start of the momentum, but if you really look at it, the momentum started with the loss to Christian (M’Pumbu).

“It stoked a fire inside me and made me make changes to make sure that never happens again.”

In his two recent wins, Hale has spent less than a minute total time in the cage, knocking out both of his opponents. While a lot of fighters gauge where their game is at during fights, for Hale, the fight is the payoff to the real test that comes before it.

“The fight is the opportunity to display your skills. So for me, I learned a lot (in these two wins), because if you’re able to work that hard and push that hard in training, you’re able to put on those kinds of opponents,” he said. “Everything comes from the training and not so much the fight.”

Hale feels confident that he can keep the knockouts coming when he faces Mike Wessel as part of Bellator’s latest heavyweight tournament on Friday night.

“I feel very advantageous in every aspect against Wessel, to be honest,” said Hale. “I feel I have a great reach advantage, there’s a skillset advantage, on the ground, striking, and I just don’t see where he’s going to take me that I’ve not been before or not have learned to be better at.

“This is not going to the judges, I can guarantee that.”

After failing to make weight against Josh Burns and not be a part of Bellator’s light heavyweight tournament, Hale feels grateful to get an opportunity to salvage his year as a heavyweight.

“I wanted to fight and stay more active and (what happened against Burns) was not what I wanted when signing with a bigger organization – which is not their fault – and thankfully I was able to get another opportunity from Bellator by getting into the heavyweight tournament and keep things rolling and get my four fights in this year,” said Hale. “It definitely just picks everything back up and allows me to build momentum.

“(Wessel) says he’s going to knock me out, and he can shoot for that because it’s going to give me a better opportunity to put him to sleep. It’s an awesome opportunity to help me possibly become the heavyweight champion in Bellator in 2012.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Bellator news and updates.

(Photo courtesy of Bellator.com)

Bellator 142: 'Dynamite' fight card gets Zack Mwekassa vs Saulo Cavalari rematch for vacant GLORY light heavyweight titl

Bellator 142: "Dynamite," which takes place at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif., on Sept. 19, 2005, has its kickboxing main event set for the upcoming hybrid card. GLORY today (July 30, 2015) announced read news >>

'The Leprechaun' in against 'Irish' Brennan Ward at Friday's Bellator 140

If you’re looking for a late-replacement to face a man who uses “Irish” as a fighting nickname, you can’t do much better than a man who calls himself “The Leprechaun.”Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Sean Grande not worried about being 'the new guy' in Bellator's broadcast booth

Sean Grande has an inkling what he'll be up against when he makes his debut as Bellator MMA's play-by-play announcer on Friday night. Grande knows the man he's replacing, Sean Wheelock, was familiar read news >>

Gavin Sterritt released by Bellator after pulling out of fight with Brennan Ward

Gavin Sterritt has withdrawn from his Bellator 140 bout with Brennan Ward, and it has cost him his contract with the promotion.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Sean Grande replaces veteran Bellator brodcaster Sean Wheelock

Bellator has its first major change in the broadcast booth since the fight promotion introduced Sean Wheelock and Jimmy Smith in 2010.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Sean Wheelock out as Bellator MMA play-by-play voice

The long-time MMA commentary duo of Sean Wheelock and Jimmy Smith has been broken up. Fans of Bellator MMA (and also followers of M-1 and the short-lived Affliction promotion) are familiar with the w read news >>

Sean Grande in, Sean Wheelock out as Bellator play-by-play announcer

Bellator CEO Scott Coker apparently isn't finished making changes to the company's product. The Awful Announcing blog reported Thursday that Bellator has parted ways with longtime play-by-play announ read news >>

Antonio Braga Neto out, Dominique Steele in against Zak Cummings at UFC on FOX 16

Strikeforce and Bellator veteran Dominique Steele will have an opportunity to compete on the big stage of the UFC after Antonio Braga Neto was forced out of his UFC on FOX 16 bout with Zak Cummings.F read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 12

Join us here tonight for live coverage of episode 12 of The Ultimate Fighter as the latest season sees its conclusion. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. J read news >>

Bellator champ Douglas Lima on Ben Askren: Once he comes back, I’m here

It wasn’t Douglas Lima’s fault that Ben Askren relinquished his Bellator welterweight belt in search of greener pastures. But ever since he seized the title, he told MMAjunkie, some fans seem to enjo read news >>