Richard Hale BellatorSporting back-to-back wins heading into Friday’s Bellator 75 in Hammond, Ind., it’s likely people would say Richard Hale got back on track with the first of those wins, but in truth he feels it started with the loss proceeding them.

“It actually created momentum,” said Hale. “People look at the 18-second knockout against Carlos (Flores) as the start of the momentum, but if you really look at it, the momentum started with the loss to Christian (M’Pumbu).

“It stoked a fire inside me and made me make changes to make sure that never happens again.”

In his two recent wins, Hale has spent less than a minute total time in the cage, knocking out both of his opponents. While a lot of fighters gauge where their game is at during fights, for Hale, the fight is the payoff to the real test that comes before it.

“The fight is the opportunity to display your skills. So for me, I learned a lot (in these two wins), because if you’re able to work that hard and push that hard in training, you’re able to put on those kinds of opponents,” he said. “Everything comes from the training and not so much the fight.”

Hale feels confident that he can keep the knockouts coming when he faces Mike Wessel as part of Bellator’s latest heavyweight tournament on Friday night.

“I feel very advantageous in every aspect against Wessel, to be honest,” said Hale. “I feel I have a great reach advantage, there’s a skillset advantage, on the ground, striking, and I just don’t see where he’s going to take me that I’ve not been before or not have learned to be better at.

“This is not going to the judges, I can guarantee that.”

After failing to make weight against Josh Burns and not be a part of Bellator’s light heavyweight tournament, Hale feels grateful to get an opportunity to salvage his year as a heavyweight.

“I wanted to fight and stay more active and (what happened against Burns) was not what I wanted when signing with a bigger organization – which is not their fault – and thankfully I was able to get another opportunity from Bellator by getting into the heavyweight tournament and keep things rolling and get my four fights in this year,” said Hale. “It definitely just picks everything back up and allows me to build momentum.

“(Wessel) says he’s going to knock me out, and he can shoot for that because it’s going to give me a better opportunity to put him to sleep. It’s an awesome opportunity to help me possibly become the heavyweight champion in Bellator in 2012.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Bellator news and updates.

(Photo courtesy of Bellator.com)

Bellator 138: Daniel Weichel vs. Patricio Pitbull title fight set with Georgi Karakhanyan hurt

Georgi Karakhanyan has been waiting four years to get his revenge on Patricio "Pitbull" Freire in Bellator. Unfortunately, due to a knee injury in training, he's going to have to wait just a little b read news >>

Knee Injury Forces Bellator 138 Featherweight Championship Change

Bellator featherweight title challenger Georgi Karakhanyan suffered a knee injury that has forced him out of his title bid against Patricio “Pitbull” Freire. read news >>

Torn ACL sidelines Karakhanyan from Bellator 138, Daniel Weichel meets 'Pitbull' for title

The featherweight title co-main event of June’s Bellator 138 card has a new challenger with Georgi Karakhanyan out and Daniel Weichel in vs. Patricio “Pitbull” Freire.Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rumor read news >>

Daniel Weichel replaces injured Georgi Karakhanyan, meets champion ‘Pitbull’ Freire at Bellator 138

Patricio Freire has a new opponent for Bellator 138. Georgi Karakhanyan, slated to meet the featherweight champion on June 19, has suffered a torn ACL and is out of the Bellator 138 co-main event. So read news >>

Blackzilian's top heavyweight prospect just signed with Bellator. What is the UFC missing?

Top Blackzilian heavyweight prospect Lorenzo Hood has signed a four-fight deal with Bellator instead of the UFC and is shooting for a mid-summer debut. Lorenzo "The Samoan Silverback" Hood, a 6'3, 26 read news >>

Bellator 138: 'Shamrock vs. Slice' fight card adds two new fights

The big "Shamrock vs. "Slice" event just added two new fights with local flavor to enhance the under card. Two more matches for Bellator 138: "Unfinished Business," which will take place inside Scott read news >>

Welcome to the UFC, Bilyal Makhov

It looks like the UFC is taking a page from Bellator's playbook and picking up an elite MMA prospect before he ever steps foot in a cage. The MMA talent scouting landscape shifted ever so slightly to read news >>

UFC 186: Rampage Jackson rips Bellator in post-fight comments

The much litigated cage fighting star had some unfavorable comparisons to make between his current and former employers following his decision win over Fabio Maldonado last night. Following weeks of read news >>

Rampage Jackson Says ‘Bellator Can’t F**k With the UFC’

By all appearances, Rampage Jackson is back in a place he feels more comfortable and there’s no comparing his current home to the one he left behind in Bellator. read news >>