Richard Hale BellatorSporting back-to-back wins heading into Friday’s Bellator 75 in Hammond, Ind., it’s likely people would say Richard Hale got back on track with the first of those wins, but in truth he feels it started with the loss proceeding them.

“It actually created momentum,” said Hale. “People look at the 18-second knockout against Carlos (Flores) as the start of the momentum, but if you really look at it, the momentum started with the loss to Christian (M’Pumbu).

“It stoked a fire inside me and made me make changes to make sure that never happens again.”

In his two recent wins, Hale has spent less than a minute total time in the cage, knocking out both of his opponents. While a lot of fighters gauge where their game is at during fights, for Hale, the fight is the payoff to the real test that comes before it.

“The fight is the opportunity to display your skills. So for me, I learned a lot (in these two wins), because if you’re able to work that hard and push that hard in training, you’re able to put on those kinds of opponents,” he said. “Everything comes from the training and not so much the fight.”

Hale feels confident that he can keep the knockouts coming when he faces Mike Wessel as part of Bellator’s latest heavyweight tournament on Friday night.

“I feel very advantageous in every aspect against Wessel, to be honest,” said Hale. “I feel I have a great reach advantage, there’s a skillset advantage, on the ground, striking, and I just don’t see where he’s going to take me that I’ve not been before or not have learned to be better at.

“This is not going to the judges, I can guarantee that.”

After failing to make weight against Josh Burns and not be a part of Bellator’s light heavyweight tournament, Hale feels grateful to get an opportunity to salvage his year as a heavyweight.

“I wanted to fight and stay more active and (what happened against Burns) was not what I wanted when signing with a bigger organization – which is not their fault – and thankfully I was able to get another opportunity from Bellator by getting into the heavyweight tournament and keep things rolling and get my four fights in this year,” said Hale. “It definitely just picks everything back up and allows me to build momentum.

“(Wessel) says he’s going to knock me out, and he can shoot for that because it’s going to give me a better opportunity to put him to sleep. It’s an awesome opportunity to help me possibly become the heavyweight champion in Bellator in 2012.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Bellator news and updates.

(Photo courtesy of Bellator.com)

Chris Honeycutt Sees a Paul Bradley Finish Putting Him on Fast Track to a Bellator Belt

Chris Honeycutt believes that if he can finish Paul Bradley on Friday night, it could put him on the fast track to a Bellator belt. read news >>

Bellator 148's Honeycutt on Bradley rematch: 'I never start something without finishing'

Chris Honeycutt said he’s ready to put the Paul Bradley portion of his career in the past when they meet at Bellator 148, even if he had to wait seven months to do it.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 148 live video stream and official results (7:40 p.m. ET)

Bellator 148 takes place today, and you can join us for a live video stream and official results beginning at 7:40 p.m. ET (4:40 p.m. PT).Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Raphael Butler Predicts Victory Over Tony Johnson at Bellator 148

Heavyweight Raphael Butler faces Tony Johnson on the Bellator 148 main card and predicts that he'll 'get the W.' read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2131 with Scott Coker and K.J. Noons

Stream or download Thursday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Scott Coker and K.J. Noons.Filed under: Bellator, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Patricky Freire looking for quick knockout of Ryan Couture at Bellator 148

Patricky Freire was mentally wrecked after dropping his rematch with Derek Anderson in his most recent trip to the Bellator cage. He looks to bounce back tonight at Bellator 148 but has a tall order read news >>

Andy Uhrich Has ‘Nothing to Lose and Everything to Gain’ in Bellator 148 Main Event

Andy Uhrich knows he's not expected to beat Paul Daley at Bellator 148 on Friday, but he also knows that means he's got nothing to lose and everything to gain. read news >>

Bellator 148 Results: Paul Daley Picks Up Quick Finish, Fires Shots at Josh Koscheck

Paul Daley showed off his punching power when he blasted Andy Uhrich with a first-round knockout in the main event at Bellator 148 on Friday evening. read news >>

Bellator 148 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Daley vs. Uhrich

Paul "Semtex" Daley made quick work of Andy Uhrich in the main event at Bellator 148 in Fresno, California, on Friday night. The powerful British welterweight stalked his overmatched opponent and ult read news >>

Bellator 148 video: 4 KOs, including walkoffs from Paul Daley and Patricky 'Pitbull'

Friday’s Bellator 148 main card was a stoppage-heavy affair with four knockouts in four fights, including some “Knockout of the Year” candidates a month into 2016.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Fea read news >>