As the owner of an 11-fight winning streak, Ricardo Tirloni has grown accustomed to having his hand raised on fight night.

The 29-year-old Brazilian doesn’t expect much to change at Bellator 62, when he faces Rick Hawn in a lightweight tournament quarterfinal at the Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, Texas, on Friday night. The eventual champion of the bracket receives a 155-pound title shot and a $100,000 payday.

“I see this fight ending with my arm raised, and the crowd going absolutely wild,” Tirloni recently told “I see myself coming out of this fight a little bit bruised and battered because I’m anticipating a war, but I also see myself coming out as the winner.”

Tirloni has not tasted defeat since falling victim to a guillotine choke from current UFC lightweight king Benson Henderson at a Maximum Fighting Championship event in July 2008. The Ataque Duplo product defeated Steve Gable with a rear-naked choke at 3:54 of round two in his Bellator debut last October and also owns notable victories over former WEC competitor Anthony Morrison and onetime UFC veteran Brian Cobb.

Hawn lost a split decision to Jay Hieron in Bellator’s Season 4 welterweight tournament finals last May, ending an 11-fight unbeaten streak for the Massachusetts resident. Hawn has notched victories over LeVon Maynard, Jim Wallhead and Lyman Good since joining the Chicago-based promotion in 2010. The 35-year-old judo practitioner finished in ninth place at the 2004 Olympic Games and has won numerous national medals in the sport.

Tirloni, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, is well aware of Hawn’s strengths and believes he has the skills to neutralize them in the cage.

“In this fight with Rick Hawn, I feel like my jiu-jitsu and muay Thai will be my greatest strengths. He has a judo background, so I think he will try to take me down and [use] ground-and-pound. He has heavy hands, and I have to be aware of this,” Tirloni said. “I’m not worried about [his] judo in this fight, because this is MMA, not judo. Even if he is able to take me down, I will use my Brazilian jiu-jitsu. I have a very good guard.”

Tirloni has avoided the judges’ scorecards in 12 of his 14 career triumphs to date, and he hopes to do the same against Hawn.

“I’m coming into this fight looking for the finish,” he said. “I can’t promise that I will finish Rick Hawn, but I can promise that I will be trying to finish him the entire time.”

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz will not take place at Bellator 165 in San Jose

Newly minted Bellator fighter Chael Sonnen got a little ahead of himself in announcing a fight with Tito Ortiz on Nov. 19 at Bellator 165. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Kevin 'Baby Slice' Ferguson, Jr.'s Pro Debut Set for Bellator 162 |

The preliminary portion of "Bellator 162: Shlemenko vs. Grove" is official, including the professional debut of Kevin "Baby Slice" Ferguson, Jr. read news >>

Bellator 162 lineup complete for Memphis, including delayed pro debut of 'Baby Slice'

Next month’s lineup for Bellator 162 is complete with a whopping 12 fights on the preliminary card, including the highly anticipated pro debut of Kevin Ferguson Jr. – “Baby Slice.”Filed under: Bellat read news >>

Former WWE Wrester Ryback Wants to Fight for Bellator |

Ryback, a former WWE intercontinental champion, is looking to make a jump from the squared circle to Bellator's Hexagon. Or Polygon. Or whateveragon. read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ex-Bellator champ Alexander Volkov debuts with promotion vs. Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99

The UFC has another new heavyweight in its ranks – and he’s a former Bellator champion. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Alexander Volkov signs with UFC, faces Timothy Johnson at UFN 99

Longtime Bellator MMA fighter Alexander Volkov has made the transition to the UFC and will debut against Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99.There's been many Bellator MMA fighters who have ma read news >>

Conan O'Brien announces live that he's a part-owner of the UFC (Video)

Conan O'Brien announced live on his show that, thanks to the purchase by WME-IMG, he's a part-owner of the UFC. He also listed a tonof investors along with him.There has been no shortage of read news >>

UFC Picks up Former Bellator Heavyweight Champ Alexander Volkov | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Justin Ford-USA TODAY Sports Fight fans love the heavyweight division for its unpredictability. When two massive men step onto the canvas and start winging fists at one another, the likeliho read news >>