UFC middleweight Nick Ring helped rescue two people from an attack on Wednesday night in Calgary, Alberta, according to a report from the Vancouver Sun.

Ring, 33, reportedly exited a Starbucks last night to find a young man and woman being beaten by a group of approximately 10 attackers, who were allegedly attempting to steal the woman's backpack.

"This one girl had another girl by her hair and was kneeing her in the face while her boyfriend was trying to protect the poor girl,” Ring told the Vancouver Sun. “It was right out of a movie; they were holding him back and beating him up as well. It was a really horrible thing to see."

Though he is currently in training for his UFC 149 appearance against Court McGee on July 21, Ring reportedly intervened by approaching the attackers, causing them to flee the scene. Ring and another bystander first checked on the couple and then pursued the assailants while Ring called the police on his cell phone. According to the report, the pair managed to catch one assailant and police apprehended five or six more. Neither victim suffered life-threatening injuries, though both were reportedly bleeding after the attack, and one was taken to a clinic to be treated for “minor trauma.”

"I did not like what I saw, and I wasn't going to stand around and watch that happen," Ring said. "It was completely wrong. I'm not going to let anything like that happen if I've got anything to say about it. Not a chance.

"[My MMA background] puts me in the position that I have the ability to help others when they need it. I was glad to be able to put my skills to use to help these people out," Ring continued. "I think that would be a scary position to be in if you're witnessing that and feeling powerless. With all my training, I think I'm in a unique position to be able to handle myself against these kind of cowards."

Ring won 10 fights to kick off his professional career before joining the cast of “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 11, defeating McGee in the competition's round of 16 prior to suffering a season-ending knee injury. Following his time on the show, Ring made his official UFC debut against Riki Fukuda last year, outpointing the former Deep champion at UFC 127. The Calgary resident also emerged victorious in his sophomore Octagon effort, submitting James Head with a rear-naked choke this past June before being handed his first pro defeat by Tim Boetsch at September's UFC 135.

Bubba Grant Staring Down a Breakout Year with Bellator Deal at Stake

Bubba Grant never gets too far ahead of himself, but winning a Shamrock FC belt and a Bellator contract could provide him with a breakout year. read news >>

UFC Goes Above and Beyond in Effort to Help TUF Contestant Save His Marriage

In a move rarely seen, the UFC allowed Abdel Medjedoub to leave The Ultimate Fighter house to fly home and deal with his marital problems. read news >>

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier Firing Up the Hype Machine Well Ahead of UFC 200

As the months dwindle down to weeks, UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and interim beltholder Jon Jones have begun to ramp up their trash talk. read news >>

Report: Former Bellator Fighter Shahbulat Shamhalaev Shot Multiple Times in Restaurant Altercation

Former Bellator MMA fighter Shahbulat Shamhalaev was hospitalized on Wednesday in Makhachkala, Russia after being shot "several times" while dining at a local restaurant. read news >>

UFC 199: Bleacher Report Main Card Staff Predictions

UFC 199 goes down this Saturday from the House that Magic Built, also known as the Forum in Inglewood, California. You know what that means: It's showtime. For the young people in the audience—and I read news >>

Dana White Comments on Lifetime Ban of Ariel Helwani for Brock Lesnar Report

• 1986 views

UFC President Dana White confirmed that longtime MMA journalist Ariel Helwani has been banned from receiving press credentials after breaking the news on two huge fights without contacting the promot read news >>

Report: ‘Kimbo Slice’ Needed Heart Transplant, Died of Heart Failure

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson was hospitalized three days before his June 6 death and diagnosed with heart failure. read news >>

Titan FC 39: Friday, June 10 2016 on UFC FIGHT PASS

Here’s a look at the championship matchups and a couple of the veterans you need to keep an eye on this weekend when Titan FC 39 hits UFC FIGHT PASS on Friday night. read news >>

Bleacher Report MMA Rankings for June 2016

Well, a lot has gone down since the last installment of the Bleacher Report MMA Rankings. The UFC has two new champions in Stipe Miocic and Michael Bisping. Super prospects Thomas Almeida and Aljamai read news >>

Luis Saldana Looking to Showcase His Improvements at RFA 39

Getting on a winning streak has helped Luis Saldana get back into the RFA organization. And now that he’s back in the promotion, he’s eager to prove himself. read news >>