Report: Grant Inks 4-Fight Extension with UFC


T.J. Grant | Andy Cotterill/Sherdog.com


T.J. Grant is sticking around a while longer.

According to a Tuesday report by The Chronicle Herald, Grant, who had one fight left on his previous deal, has signed a new, four-fight contract with the UFC. The welterweight most recently suffered a unanimous decision defeat at the hands of Renzo Gracie protégé Ricardo Almeida at UFC 124 on Dec. 11.

The Fit Plus Gym product has alternated wins and losses since joining the UFC last year. Grant debuted successfully with the promotion at UFC 100, riding out a unanimous decision over Pride Fighting Championships veteran Ryo Chonan. The Nova Scotia resident also holds victories over Kevin Burns and Julio Paulino inside the Octagon, and the former win netted him “Knockout of the Night” honors at UFC 107. Grant holds 12 of his 16 career victories by submission.

The 26-year-old has fallen to tough competition during his time with the promotion. Aside from the Almeida loss, Grant also suffered defeats against judoka Dong Hyun Kim and standout wrestler Johny Hendricks.

It is unknown what the UFC has in store for Grant in the coming year, but the fighter has expressed interest in fighting at UFC 129, the promotion's first show on Ontario soil, which goes down April 30 at the Rogers Center.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

  • 21 days ago
  • 44 views

Urijah Faber is no longer part next month’s UFC Fight Night bill in Rio de Janeiro, but according to a report from Combate, “The California Kid” turned down at least one potential r read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 931 views

Another rough weight cut for UFC 183 co-headliner Kelvin Gastelum has apparently resulted in hospitalization for the welterweight contender. Kelvin Gastelum is one of the sport's fastest rising prosp read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 126 views

Vitor Belfort justified his refusal to fight Lyoto Machida at UFC 184 by pointing out the differences between Machida and his originally scheduled opponent Chris Weidman. On Saturday, Brazilian news read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 38 views

Don't be scared, homie. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight No. 1 contender, Vitor Belfort, has reportedly turned down a fight against fellow division top contender Lyoto Machida, after read news >>

  • 24 days ago
  • 2 views

Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana in a post-fight drug test following the UFC 183 main event, according to a report from Yahoo Sports. read news >>

  • 24 days ago
  • 20 views

I guess this could have been worse? Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) tested Anderson Silva for banned substances on Jan. 9, 2015, which was more than three weeks out from his UFC 183 main even read news >>

  • 24 days ago
  • 23 views

Nick Diaz's UFC 183 Test Report for the drug test conducted immediately after his fight with Anderson Silva on Jan. 31, which revealed marijuana metabolites. read news >>

  • 23 days ago
  • 1 views

The circumstances surrounding Nick Diaz's failed UFC 183 drug test just keep getting worse. News broke yesterday that Diaz, along with his UFC 183 main event co-star Anderson Silva, failed a drug tes read news >>

  • 21 days ago
  • 0 views

A report coming out of Globo in Brazil says that Urijah Faber turned down a UFC Fight Night main event against Thomas Almeida, but "The California Kid" says that isn't true. Earlier this month, UFC b read news >>