Renan Barao

Renan Barao

Renan Barao defends his interim UFC bantamweight title against Michael McDonald in the main event of UFC on Fuel TV 7 on Saturday and is expecting a great fight.

Barao defeated Urijah Faber at UFC 149 on July 12, 2012, to capture the interim title.  He was expecting to face champion Dominick Cruz to unify the belts, but Cruz suffered a setback in his recovery from knee surgery and was forced to withdraw from the bout.

Michael McDonald is who he faces now, but Barao doesn’t look at the fight any differently.

“It’s not a different fight for me.  I’ve trained hard for this.  All the fights I’ve had were important.  The most important fight for me is the next one, so I’m here to give it my best,” said Barao at the UFC on Fuel TV 7 pre-fight press conference.

It will be the first time McDonald has fought in a title fight and his first time competing in England.  Barao has done both, but doesn’t feel it gives him an advantage.

“I don’t feel I have an advantage over him because of this.  I just feel that I’m really focused, 100-percent focused.  I have to do my job,” he said.

Barao is expecting McDonald to be a tough fight and has prepared accordingly.

“I think this will be a great fight.  Michael McDonald has been showing his work.  He’s shown that he is a tough opponent and a fighter who moves forward.  I think it will be a great fight and a tough fight,” Barao told

“I train with the best fighters in the world.  I have the best in the world on my team and we all train really hard at Nova Uniao.  I think it will be a war and I’m well prepared for everything.  If I need to exchange, I’ll exchange.  If I need to take down, I will take down.  If I need to use jiu-jitsu, I will.”

Barao says this is the best training camp he’s had heading into a fight.

“I know this will be a great battle, a great fight.”

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Rafael Lovato defends 185 title vs. Cortez Coleman in Legacy FC 62 headliner

The middleweight title will be on the line when Legacy FC heads to Oklahoma in November. Champion [autotag]Rafael Lovato[/autotag] (3-0), still early in his career, will put his belt on the line agai read news >>

UFC 204's Dan Henderson expects promotion to quickly put up title if he beats Michael Bisping

The way Henderson sees things, the promotion should make quick title plans if he again starches champ Bisping and retires from the sport. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Anthony Pettis defends Conor McGregor going after two UFC titles

Anthony Pettis wanted to do the same thing Conor McGregor is doing read news >>

WSOF 33 video highlights: Branch defends, Foster secures submission, Jordan pounds out Gooch

Check out the video highlights from Friday’s NBCSN-televised WSOF 33 event.Filed under: News, Videos, WSOF read news >>

UFC 204: Michael Bisping defends belt with thrilling decision over Dan Henderson

Here is how the UFC 204 middleweight titlefight betweenMichael Bispingvs. Dan Henderson played outOn Saturday, October 8, reigning middleweight champion Michael Bisping put his title on the line agai read news >>

Former UFC Heavyweight Shane Carwin to Fight with 1 Hand Tied Behind Back

Former UFC interim heavyweight champion Shane Carwin is making his long-speculated return to combat sports on Saturday. However, he's not taking a traditional route. He will compete in a one-armed bo read news >>

Jose Aldo to Meet with UFC Executives in Las Vegas Amid Dispute

Jose Aldo, reigning UFC interim featherweight champion, could be laying the foundation for his exit from the UFC and the sport of MMA as an active fighter. MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz reports that read news >>

Gustavo Lopez Expects to Dominate John Castaneda in Combate Americas Title Fight |

Gustavo Lopez looks to ride his wave of success to his first major MMA title when he takes on John Castaneda for the inaugural Combate Americas 135-pound title. read news >>