jessica-aguilar-2.jpgAfter 10 months off, Jessica Aguilar really didn’t care what the name was at the other end of the call. She was just glad she had a fight.

Aguilar (14-4 MMA, 4-1 BFC) on Thursday meets Patricia Vidonic (7-4 MMA, 0-1 BFC) at Bellator 94, which takes place at USF Sun Dome in Tampa. The evening’s main card airs on Spike TV at 10 p.m. ET following prelims, including Aguilar-Vidonic, on Spike.com (8 p.m. ET).

That the fight is a rematch of a fight won by Aguilar a little more than a year ago, also in Florida, didn’t matter much, either.

“We’re scrapping again, and I love that she took the fight,” Aguilar told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). “I’m excited to get back in there. I needed a fight, and we made the fight happen. She probably wanted the rematch, and she got it.”

Aguilar’s most recent outing was in May 2012, when she planted herself firmly on the mainstream MMA map with an upset Megumi Fujii, who was better than a 2-to-1 favorite at Bellator 69.

That main event win for the 115-pounder came just a month after her unanimous decision win over Vidonic under the Fight Time Promotions banner, not far from her home training ground at American Top Team in South Florida.

But even though she doesn’t have anything to prove with another fight against Vidonic, given that the first fight wasn’t exactly controversial or particularly close, the time off was starting to weigh on her.

“After 10 months, when they say a fight is secured, I’m not complaining,” she said. “It helps you focus and train. So I’m excited about the fight. I wish I was busier.”

With the recent surge of women’s MMA, thanks largely to the push from Ronda Rousey in the UFC, Aguilar may find herself in the right place at the right time if it’s keeping busy she’s looking for. The increase in interest may wind up leading to more fights for the Bellator vet, who is seeking her fifth straight victory.

She hasn’t lost since Bellator’s Season 3 women’s 115-pound tournament semifinal, a split-decision loss to eventual champ Zoila Frausto Gurgel. And maybe one day getting her hands around a major belt of her own is in the cards.

But the Mexico-born Aguilar, who turns 31 in May, said even a rise to prominence and popularity and fame and fortune of Rousey-an proportions won’t change her much.

“I’m never going to change,” she said. “I don’t care if they pay me a million dollars. I’ll always be who I am. I’m not a superstar. I’m just a regular person like anyone else. I’m just fortunate enough to have this platform and get this message out there whenever possible. I’m going to be helping a lot of people (if I get famous). My lifestyle would change, but everything else would be the same.

“I just want to stay busy and work and do what I love to do.”

And right now, that’s fight – hopefully, she believes, with more frequency from here on out.

For the latest on Bellator 94, stay tuned to the MMA Events section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Bellator 159 Fight Card Complete with Addition of Three New Bouts

A gem of a featherweight contest pitting Emmanuel Sanchez and Daniel “The Weasel” Weichel has been added to the main card of Bellator 159: Caldwell vs. Taimanglo. read news >>

Bellator Dynamite 2 Highlights Video: Rampage Edges Ishii, Chandler Takes Back the Belt

Check out the highlights from Bellator: Dynamite 2, where Rampage Jackson returned and Michael Chandler regained the lightweight championship. read news >>

Matt Mitrione Gets Medical Clearance for Bellator 158: London

Matt Mitrione has cleared medical testing and will now face “Britain’s Strongest Man” winner Oli Thompson during the main card of Bellator 158: London. read news >>

The 10: The Best of the Best from the Best Month in UFC History

Take a look at the 10 best fights from one of the best fight months in UFC history. This is The 10 for July. read news >>

Injury to Linton Vassell Causes Bellator 158 Main Card Shift

An injury to Linton Vassell has derailed his summer plans of competing in front of his fellow Englishmen against Francis Carmont at Bellator 158: London. read news >>

Cat Zingano vs Julianna Pena Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

After 16 months off, No. 3 bantamweight and former title contender Cat Zingano (9-2) faced Julianna Pena, the winner of The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate at UFC 200. After a promising f read news >>

For Dana White and Fertittas, UFC Sale Leaves Behind Complex Legacy

After months of intense negotiations, the deal has finally closed. As first reported by TMZ, the Ultimate Fighting Championship was sold for $4 billion to talent agency WME-IMG in the single biggest read news >>

James Gallagher Predicts a Finish of Mike Cutting at Bellator 158

James Gallagher predicts that he'll finish Mike Cutting in their Bellator MMA 158 featherweight bout on July 16 at O2 Arena in London. read news >>

Michael Page Looking To ‘Leave a Mark’ at Bellator 158 in London

Undefeated Bellator MMA welterweight contender Michael "Venom" Page puts his unbeaten streak on the line at Bellator 158 against Evangelista Santos in London. read news >>

Bellator 158: Daley vs. Lima Fight Card, TV Info, Predictions and More

Bellator MMA takes London on Saturday from The O2 Arena. A crucial welterweight bout tops the Bellator 158 card as Paul Daley takes on Douglas Lima. The 170-pound division will again be on the displa read news >>