jessica-aguilar-2.jpgAfter 10 months off, Jessica Aguilar really didn’t care what the name was at the other end of the call. She was just glad she had a fight.

Aguilar (14-4 MMA, 4-1 BFC) on Thursday meets Patricia Vidonic (7-4 MMA, 0-1 BFC) at Bellator 94, which takes place at USF Sun Dome in Tampa. The evening’s main card airs on Spike TV at 10 p.m. ET following prelims, including Aguilar-Vidonic, on Spike.com (8 p.m. ET).

That the fight is a rematch of a fight won by Aguilar a little more than a year ago, also in Florida, didn’t matter much, either.

“We’re scrapping again, and I love that she took the fight,” Aguilar told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). “I’m excited to get back in there. I needed a fight, and we made the fight happen. She probably wanted the rematch, and she got it.”

Aguilar’s most recent outing was in May 2012, when she planted herself firmly on the mainstream MMA map with an upset Megumi Fujii, who was better than a 2-to-1 favorite at Bellator 69.

That main event win for the 115-pounder came just a month after her unanimous decision win over Vidonic under the Fight Time Promotions banner, not far from her home training ground at American Top Team in South Florida.

But even though she doesn’t have anything to prove with another fight against Vidonic, given that the first fight wasn’t exactly controversial or particularly close, the time off was starting to weigh on her.

“After 10 months, when they say a fight is secured, I’m not complaining,” she said. “It helps you focus and train. So I’m excited about the fight. I wish I was busier.”

With the recent surge of women’s MMA, thanks largely to the push from Ronda Rousey in the UFC, Aguilar may find herself in the right place at the right time if it’s keeping busy she’s looking for. The increase in interest may wind up leading to more fights for the Bellator vet, who is seeking her fifth straight victory.

She hasn’t lost since Bellator’s Season 3 women’s 115-pound tournament semifinal, a split-decision loss to eventual champ Zoila Frausto Gurgel. And maybe one day getting her hands around a major belt of her own is in the cards.

But the Mexico-born Aguilar, who turns 31 in May, said even a rise to prominence and popularity and fame and fortune of Rousey-an proportions won’t change her much.

“I’m never going to change,” she said. “I don’t care if they pay me a million dollars. I’ll always be who I am. I’m not a superstar. I’m just a regular person like anyone else. I’m just fortunate enough to have this platform and get this message out there whenever possible. I’m going to be helping a lot of people (if I get famous). My lifestyle would change, but everything else would be the same.

“I just want to stay busy and work and do what I love to do.”

And right now, that’s fight – hopefully, she believes, with more frequency from here on out.

For the latest on Bellator 94, stay tuned to the MMA Events section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Bellator Lightweight Champ Will Brooks Released, Fight for Vacant Title Booked

The Bellator lightweight championship will not be vacant for very long, with the announcement that two familiar names will face off for the strap in June. During Saturday night's broadcast, the promo read news >>

Phil Davis vs. King Mo: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 154

Phil Davis won a controversial unanimous decision over Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in the main event at Bellator 154 in San Jose, California, on Saturday. The fight was close, and either man could have read news >>

Bellator to Institute Jordan Parsons Memorial Scholarship Fund

With the newly-announced Jordan Parsons Scholarship Fund, Bellator will annually send a young wrestler to "The J Robinson Intensive Wrestling Camp." read news >>

Bellator 154 Results: Phil Davis Top King Mo to Earn Light Heavyweight Title Shot

Phil Davis got the nod over King Mo Lawal at Bellator 154 on Saturday night, earning a shot at light heavyweight champion Liam McGeary. read news >>

Is New Free Agent Will Brooks a Good Addition to Stacked UFC Lightweight Roster?

Will Brooks has been released by Bellator. But this isn't just any release. Brooks was Bellator's reigning lightweight champion. The 29-year-old hasn't lost in more than three years. Bleacher Report read news >>

Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo Video Highlights

Check out all the action from Bellator 154 including, top two Light Heavyweight fighters, Phil Davis and King Mo, face-off to be the no. 1 contender and get a shot at the title. read news >>

Bellator 154 Fighter Salaries: Phil Davis and King Mo Top List with $30,000 Each

Phil Davis won the fight at Bellator 154 on Saturday night, but it was a draw on the payroll. read news >>

Despite Loss of Title Bout, Marloes Coenen Eager to Fight at Bellator 155

Despite seeing her featherweight title shot fall to the wayside, Marloes Coenen is eager to get in the cage at fight at Bellator 155 on Friday. read news >>

Following a Year at Middleweight, Joey Beltran Jumps to Heavyweight at Bellator 155

After an up-and-down year at middleweight, Joey Beltran decided to make the move to heavyweight for Friday's Bellator 155. read news >>

Back from ACL Injury, Georgi Karakhanyan Wants to Stay Busy, Starting with Bellator 155

Finally bouncing back from an ACL injury, Georgi Karakhanyan wants to stay busy starting with Bellator 155 on Friday night. read news >>