jessica-aguilar-2.jpgAfter 10 months off, Jessica Aguilar really didn’t care what the name was at the other end of the call. She was just glad she had a fight.

Aguilar (14-4 MMA, 4-1 BFC) on Thursday meets Patricia Vidonic (7-4 MMA, 0-1 BFC) at Bellator 94, which takes place at USF Sun Dome in Tampa. The evening’s main card airs on Spike TV at 10 p.m. ET following prelims, including Aguilar-Vidonic, on Spike.com (8 p.m. ET).

That the fight is a rematch of a fight won by Aguilar a little more than a year ago, also in Florida, didn’t matter much, either.

“We’re scrapping again, and I love that she took the fight,” Aguilar told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). “I’m excited to get back in there. I needed a fight, and we made the fight happen. She probably wanted the rematch, and she got it.”

Aguilar’s most recent outing was in May 2012, when she planted herself firmly on the mainstream MMA map with an upset Megumi Fujii, who was better than a 2-to-1 favorite at Bellator 69.

That main event win for the 115-pounder came just a month after her unanimous decision win over Vidonic under the Fight Time Promotions banner, not far from her home training ground at American Top Team in South Florida.

But even though she doesn’t have anything to prove with another fight against Vidonic, given that the first fight wasn’t exactly controversial or particularly close, the time off was starting to weigh on her.

“After 10 months, when they say a fight is secured, I’m not complaining,” she said. “It helps you focus and train. So I’m excited about the fight. I wish I was busier.”

With the recent surge of women’s MMA, thanks largely to the push from Ronda Rousey in the UFC, Aguilar may find herself in the right place at the right time if it’s keeping busy she’s looking for. The increase in interest may wind up leading to more fights for the Bellator vet, who is seeking her fifth straight victory.

She hasn’t lost since Bellator’s Season 3 women’s 115-pound tournament semifinal, a split-decision loss to eventual champ Zoila Frausto Gurgel. And maybe one day getting her hands around a major belt of her own is in the cards.

But the Mexico-born Aguilar, who turns 31 in May, said even a rise to prominence and popularity and fame and fortune of Rousey-an proportions won’t change her much.

“I’m never going to change,” she said. “I don’t care if they pay me a million dollars. I’ll always be who I am. I’m not a superstar. I’m just a regular person like anyone else. I’m just fortunate enough to have this platform and get this message out there whenever possible. I’m going to be helping a lot of people (if I get famous). My lifestyle would change, but everything else would be the same.

“I just want to stay busy and work and do what I love to do.”

And right now, that’s fight – hopefully, she believes, with more frequency from here on out.

For the latest on Bellator 94, stay tuned to the MMA Events section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Bellator 162 lineup complete for Memphis, including delayed pro debut of 'Baby Slice'

Next month’s lineup for Bellator 162 is complete with a whopping 12 fights on the preliminary card, including the highly anticipated pro debut of Kevin Ferguson Jr. – “Baby Slice.”Filed under: Bellat read news >>

Former WWE Wrester Ryback Wants to Fight for Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Ryback, a former WWE intercontinental champion, is looking to make a jump from the squared circle to Bellator's Hexagon. Or Polygon. Or whateveragon. read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Jake Ellenberger vs. Jorge Masvidal booked for December's TUF 24 Finale in Las Vegas

December’s TUF 24 Finale has a new welterweight fight booking: Jake Ellenberger vs. Jorge Masvidal. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ex-Bellator champ Alexander Volkov debuts with promotion vs. Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99

• a day ago

The UFC has another new heavyweight in its ranks – and he’s a former Bellator champion. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Alexander Volkov signs with UFC, faces Timothy Johnson at UFN 99

• a day ago

Longtime Bellator MMA fighter Alexander Volkov has made the transition to the UFC and will debut against Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99.There's been many Bellator MMA fighters who have ma read news >>

Kailin Curran vs. newcomer Jamie Moyle booked for December's TUF 24 Finale in Las Vegas

• a day ago

December’s latest installment of an “Ultimate Fighter” finale card has its latest booking, and it comes in the women’s strawweight division. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jake Collier-Josh Stansbury, Elvis Mutapcic-Anthony Smith booked for TUF 24 Finale in December

• a day ago

The TUF 24 Finale in December continues to build with the addition of a pair of middleweight fights to the lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Picks up Former Bellator Heavyweight Champ Alexander Volkov | FIGHTLAND

• 21 hours ago

Photo by Justin Ford-USA TODAY Sports Fight fans love the heavyweight division for its unpredictability. When two massive men step onto the canvas and start winging fists at one another, the likeliho read news >>

Gustafsson vs. Blachowicz: Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 93

It was 11 months in the making for Alexander Gustafsson, but when he finally returned to the cage at UFC Fight Night 93 on Saturday against Jan Blachowicz, he did so in style. The popular Swede went read news >>