Rashad Evans’ victory over Dan Henderson in the UFC 161 headliner did not come easily, but the former champion will take it nonetheless.

Evans snatched a split decision from Henderson on Saturday night at MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, overcoming a first-round knockdown to halt a two-fight skid and earn his first win since January 2012.

“I felt like I needed to get that win desperately,” Evans told Fox Sports. “When you’re fighting somebody like Dan Henderson with your back against the wall, there are a lot of things going around in your head and a lot of things that people say. No matter how strong you are, it still seems to seep in, and you start thinking that you really need to get that win.”

Prior to his win over Henderson, Evans dropped a unanimous verdict to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira this past February in a lackluster three-rounder at UFC 161. The memory of that uncharacteristically poor performance may have been dampened by tonight’s victory, however, especially due to the strength of Evans’ third round against “Hendo.”

“I felt a bit more nervous [tonight]. I just wanted to perform well. Tonight was all about execution. I felt like, as long as I execute, the performance will take care of itself,” said Evans. “I was somewhat [happy with my performance]. I’ve learned in this game to be happy with a win, because they don’t always come. But the critic -- the analyst in me feels like I could have done better and that there were a lot of things that I didn’t do well that I should have. But that’s part of the game. I’m still growing in this sport, and as long as I have the opportunity to fight again, I’ll fix those things I didn’t do right.”

His victory over Henderson now behind him, Evans said he is open to fighting whomever the UFC places in front of him next, including fellow top-10 talent Glover Teixeira.

“Glover said he’d like to fight [tonight’s] winner,” said Evans. “I’m not calling anybody out... but I’m not turning anybody down. I like to fight.”

ONE Headliner Ev Ting: ‘I’m Gonna Punch Him and He’s Gonna Fall Over’

Ev Ting will be moving up a division to face Rob Lisita in the main event of ONE: Unbreakable Warriors this weekend, but he's not lacking in confidence. read news >>

Dan Henderson: ‘Win or Lose This is My Last Fight’ (UFC 204 Video)

Dan Henderson hopes to add the UFC middleweight championship to his collection at UFC 204. But win or lose, he intends to walk off into the sunset. read news >>

Michael Bisping Video: We All Know Dan Henderson was Cheating at UFC 100

Although Dan Henderson holds a victory over Michael Bisping, Bisping said that everyone knows that Henderson was cheating when the two fought at UFC 100. read news >>

Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans Set for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Kennedy will return to the Octagon to welcome Rashad Evans to the middleweight division at UFC 205. read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson UFC 204 Rematch Sold Out in Minutes | MMAWeekly.com

Tickets for the UFC 204 rematch between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson went on sale Friday. They were gone in minutes. read news >>

Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy Fight Announced for UFC 205: Details, Reaction

Rashad Evans will make his return to the Octagon in November as a middleweight and challenge Tim Kennedy at UFC 205 in Madison Square Garden in New York. Evans made the announcement during an intervi read news >>

Dan Henderson: Why He's Walking Away After UFC 204, Win or Lose - EXCLUSIVE! | MMAWeekly.com

Dan Henderson heads into his UFC 204 championship fight with Michael Bisping in a unique position. He knows it will be the final fight of his career. read news >>

Breaking Down Cris Cyborg's UFC Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

Cris "Cyborg" Justino is preparing to headline her first UFC event ever. Tyron Woodley and Dan Hardy break down her match-up with Lina Lansberg. read news >>

Dana White Denies Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White on Tuesday squashed dreams of a Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez UFC 205 headliner... or did he? read news >>

Dan Henderson: Who is the One Fighter He Wishes He'd Fought? (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Who is the one fighter that Dan Henderson wishes he could have fought that he hasn't in his nearly 20-year career? read news >>