Rashad Evans’ victory over Dan Henderson in the UFC 161 headliner did not come easily, but the former champion will take it nonetheless.

Evans snatched a split decision from Henderson on Saturday night at MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, overcoming a first-round knockdown to halt a two-fight skid and earn his first win since January 2012.

“I felt like I needed to get that win desperately,” Evans told Fox Sports. “When you’re fighting somebody like Dan Henderson with your back against the wall, there are a lot of things going around in your head and a lot of things that people say. No matter how strong you are, it still seems to seep in, and you start thinking that you really need to get that win.”

Prior to his win over Henderson, Evans dropped a unanimous verdict to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira this past February in a lackluster three-rounder at UFC 161. The memory of that uncharacteristically poor performance may have been dampened by tonight’s victory, however, especially due to the strength of Evans’ third round against “Hendo.”

“I felt a bit more nervous [tonight]. I just wanted to perform well. Tonight was all about execution. I felt like, as long as I execute, the performance will take care of itself,” said Evans. “I was somewhat [happy with my performance]. I’ve learned in this game to be happy with a win, because they don’t always come. But the critic -- the analyst in me feels like I could have done better and that there were a lot of things that I didn’t do well that I should have. But that’s part of the game. I’m still growing in this sport, and as long as I have the opportunity to fight again, I’ll fix those things I didn’t do right.”

His victory over Henderson now behind him, Evans said he is open to fighting whomever the UFC places in front of him next, including fellow top-10 talent Glover Teixeira.

“Glover said he’d like to fight [tonight’s] winner,” said Evans. “I’m not calling anybody out... but I’m not turning anybody down. I like to fight.”

UFC Headliner Valentina Shevchenko Uninjured After Being Caught in Gun Battle

Valentina Shevchenko is still on track for her bout opposite Holly Holm despite recently being caught in the crossfire a shootout that injured her coach. read news >>

Dan Henderson: I Could Be Persuaded to Retire (UFC 199 Video)

At 45 years of age, Dan Henderson has been fielding questions about possibly retiring for several years. He now appears ready to entertain the idea. read news >>

Is UFC 199 the end of the line for Dan Henderson? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Hendo's contract is expiring and he's got plenty of options on the table. In his own words: 'This could actually be the last fight.' read news >>

Is UFC 199 the end of the line for Dan Henderson? (Yahoo Sports)

UFC 199 Results: Dan Henderson Knocks Out Hector Lombard in Round 2

Dan Henderson picked up an emphatic win at UFC 199, knocking out Hector Lombard in their main-card fight on Saturday night's pay-per-view in Inglewood, California. read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

Dan Henderson (32-14) is known for his “H-Bomb” of a right hand, but at UFC 199 he brought out the “H-Bow” against Hector Lombard (34-6-1, 2 NC). The two veteran middleweights went toe-to-toe in one read news >>

UFC 199 Video Highlights: Dan Henderson Returns from the Brink to KO Hector Lombard

Middleweight legend Dan Henderson took on the explosive Hector Lombard on Saturday on the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 main card. Check out the video highlights. read news >>

VIDEO: Dan Henderson Says UFC 199 May Have Been His Last Fight

MMA legend Dan Henderson discusses the possibility of retirement following his UFC 199 knockout win over Hector Lombard. read news >>

UFC 199 Fighter Salaries: Dan Henderson Pulls in $800,000 in Final Fight of Contract

Michael Bisping realized his dream on Saturday night, winning the middleweight championship at UFC 199, but Dan Henderson stood atop the payroll. read news >>

UFC 199: 6 Takeaways From a Night The Forum

UFC 199 turned out to be a night of surprises. Dan Henderson isn't done, but Urijah Faber might be. Luke Rockhold is not the next Anderson Silva. And, yes, Brock Lesnar is back. read news >>