File Photo: Jeff Sherwood/Sherdog.com

A light heavyweight bout between Kevin Randleman and Roger Gracie scheduled for Strikeforce “Heavy Artillery” on May 15 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., is in jeopardy, Sherdog.com has learned.

“I’m sick and I think I might have a little bit of a staph infection,” an aggravated Randleman told Sherdog.com on Tuesday. “They might have to replace me.”

Randleman said his physician would tell him on Wednesday if he is healthy enough to fight in 11 days. The former UFC champion, who was hospitalized for a lung infection in 2006 and a staph infection in 2007 that required surgery, said the illness has made it difficult for him to train and eat.

The 38-year-old Pride Fighting Championships veteran trains in four gyms in Las Vegas, he said, but doesn’t blame the facilities for his current state.

“I’ve trained for Gracie for 14 weeks, and I might get taken out by some nasty a-- people who can’t wash their butts, their feet,” said Randleman. “I’m livid. I take six showers every day. I’m anal about cleanliness. I take a shower before I get into bed with my wife. If I wake up in the middle of the night and I’m sweaty, I take a shower.”

Randleman said that if he is forced to withdraw from the bout, he will also consider retirement. Still recognized as one of the most explosive athletes to ever enter the sport, the former Ohio State University wrestler has gone 1-2 since returning from his ailments to MMA in 2008.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told Sherdog.com late Tuesday that if Randleman is deemed unfit to fight next week, the promotion would look to find a replacement to face Gracie, the world-decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt.

The 6-foot-4 Gracie is 2-0 in MMA. The 28-year-old fighter submitted UFC veteran Ron Waterman at a Bodog Fight event in December 2006 and longtime Pancrase star Yuki Kondo at a Sengoku event in May 2008.

UFC Fight Night 93: Arlovski vs. Barnett Full Live Results and Fight Stats

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 93: Arlovski vs. Barnett full live results and fight stats. First fight is scheduled for 11:45 a.m. ET on Saturday, Sept. 3. read news >>

UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem Full Live Results and Fight Stats

Follow along for UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem full live results and fight stats. First fight is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, Sept. 10. read news >>

Ian McCall vs. Ray Borg Removed from UFC 203 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

Two days before UFC 203 is scheduled to take place at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, a bout has been pulled from Saturday's pay-per-view event. read news >>

Robbie Lawler Reportedly Won't Fight at UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

Robbie Lawler has reportedly pulled out of his scheduled fight against Donald Cerrone at UFC 205, according to TMZ Sports and Brett Okamoto of ESPN. Per the TMZ Sports report, Cerrone "will still fig read news >>

UFC Statement on CB Dollaway

UFC announced that CB Dollaway has had to withdraw from his scheduled bout at UFC 203 due to an injury he suffered last night as a result of an elevator accident at a hotel in Cleveland. read news >>

UFC Hidalgo: Poirier vs. Johnson Full Results and Live Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Johnson full live results and fight stats. First fight is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, Sept. 17. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 94: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Fight Card Highlights

UFC Fight Night 94 is scheduled for Saturday night on Fox Sports 1. A lightweight contest between Dustin Poirier and Michael Johnson headlines the event. Since moving up from the featherweight divisi read news >>

UFC Brasilia: Cyborg vs. Lansberg Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night: Cyborg vs. Lansberg full live results and fight stats. First fight is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, Sept. 24. read news >>

UFC Brasilia: Cris Cyborg vs. Lina Lansberg Weigh-in Video Replay | MMAWeekly.com

The 26 fighters scheduled to compete on Saturday's UFC Fight Night Brasilia fight card officially weighted in on Friday at Ginásio Nilson Nelson in Brazil. read news >>