Quinton Jackson said he can’t be too upset about Tito Ortiz pulling out of their fight at Bellator 106 due to an injury, but “Rampage” was hopeful the organization would find a replacement and keep the event on pay-per-view.

As we reported earlier today, Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) fractured his neck and was forced out of the Nov. 2 headliner with Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), a fellow ex-UFC champ. Bellator MMA officials today announced the injury, as well as the event’s move to Spike TV and the promotion of the co-headliner between lightweight champion Michael Chandler and ex-titleholder Eddie Alvarez to the headlining slot.

However, Jackson told AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” on Friday that he was hoping his fight – and the PPV plans – could be salvaged.

“If I’m going to keep it real, I would have said, ‘Look, throw another opponent at me and still keep the PPV because I trained really hard for this and had my knees fixed,’” he said. “I wanted to show the world and the fans that still support me that I’m back. Everybody thought I was done after I lost my fight to ‘Shogun’ (Rua).

” … Throw somebody else in there like ‘Kimbo Slice,’ Houston Alexander, anyone in Bellator. … People talking about Tyrone Spong – I don’t know his name. Throw anybody in there. I’m ready. I’ll fight anybody. Pull Chuck Liddell out of retirement.”

Jackson was laughing as he said those final two names, but there was little doubt he sincerely wanted to stay on the card. Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said he hopes to get Jackson a fight soon, though no definitive plans have been set.

Ortiz, meanwhile, isn’t expected back in the cage until 2014.

“I hope Tito has a speedy recovery,” Jackson said. “I know how it is when you’re a warrior and you’ve been injured. Hell, I’ve been injured my last two fights. It’s not a pretty sight. It’s really hard.”

For more on Bellator 106, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

After Bellator 152 win, Alessio Sakara wants Quinton Jackson in Bellator Kickboxing

TURIN, Italy – Following an emotional Saturday win in the Bellator cage, Italian vet Alessio Sakara wants to take a turn in the company’s sister promotion.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Twitter reacts to Benson Henderson's upset loss to champ Koreshkov at Bellator 153

Benson Henderson was supposed to make waves in the first fight of his Bellator career at Bellator 153. Apparently Andrey Koreshkov didn’t receive the memo. Check out the top reactions to Koreshkov’s read news >>

Bellator 153 Results: Andrey Koreshkov Routes Benson Henderson to Keep the Belt

Benson Henderson received a rude welcome from welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov at Bellator 153 on Friday night in Uncasville, Conn. read news >>

Andrey Koreshkov vs. Benson Henderson Results: Winner, Reaction for Bellator 153

When the Bellator brass decided to put new free-agent signing Benson Henderson in a title fight with Andrey Koreshkov, there was the potential for its reigning champion to receive a huge boost in pro read news >>

Bellator 153 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Koreshkov vs. Henderson Card

Bellator welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov was too big and strong for Benson Henderson on Friday night at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. The 25-year-old Russian dominated the form read news >>

Bellator 153 highlights: Benson Henderson falters, and Michael Page taunts after toehold

Benson Henderson’s heavily promoted Bellator debut didn’t go as planned – not for him, anyway. Check out the video highlights of that headliner and other Bellator 153 bouts.Filed under: Bellator, Fea read news >>

Next for Andrey Koreshkov? Bellator champ discusses Askren, 'Venom,' Lima and 'Cyborg'

UNCASVILLE, Conn. – With a victory over former UFC and WEC titleholder Benson Henderson in Friday’s Bellator 153 headliner, welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov solidified his spot as one of the wo read news >>

Bellator's Scott Coker: Time is right for UFC fighters like Rory MacDonald to test free agency

LONDON – In June, UFC welterweight Rory MacDonald will fight the final bout on his current contract with the industry-leader, starting a countdown to free agency that’s by now become a familiar story read news >>

'Pitbull' Freire says Bellator 153 win earned him title shot; will he wait for champ Straus?

Patricio Freire said an injury created a tougher fight than anticipated at Bellator 153. Nevertheless, he picked up the victory and expects a featherweight title shot as a result.Filed under: Bellato read news >>

Matt Mitrione to Make Bellator Debut in Dynamite 2 Co-Main Event

Matt Mitrione will make his Bellator debut in the co-main event of Dynamite 2. read news >>