Quinton Jackson said he can’t be too upset about Tito Ortiz pulling out of their fight at Bellator 106 due to an injury, but “Rampage” was hopeful the organization would find a replacement and keep the event on pay-per-view.

As we reported earlier today, Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) fractured his neck and was forced out of the Nov. 2 headliner with Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), a fellow ex-UFC champ. Bellator MMA officials today announced the injury, as well as the event’s move to Spike TV and the promotion of the co-headliner between lightweight champion Michael Chandler and ex-titleholder Eddie Alvarez to the headlining slot.

However, Jackson told AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” on Friday that he was hoping his fight – and the PPV plans – could be salvaged.

“If I’m going to keep it real, I would have said, ‘Look, throw another opponent at me and still keep the PPV because I trained really hard for this and had my knees fixed,’” he said. “I wanted to show the world and the fans that still support me that I’m back. Everybody thought I was done after I lost my fight to ‘Shogun’ (Rua).

” … Throw somebody else in there like ‘Kimbo Slice,’ Houston Alexander, anyone in Bellator. … People talking about Tyrone Spong – I don’t know his name. Throw anybody in there. I’m ready. I’ll fight anybody. Pull Chuck Liddell out of retirement.”

Jackson was laughing as he said those final two names, but there was little doubt he sincerely wanted to stay on the card. Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said he hopes to get Jackson a fight soon, though no definitive plans have been set.

Ortiz, meanwhile, isn’t expected back in the cage until 2014.

“I hope Tito has a speedy recovery,” Jackson said. “I know how it is when you’re a warrior and you’ve been injured. Hell, I’ve been injured my last two fights. It’s not a pretty sight. It’s really hard.”

For more on Bellator 106, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen in the Works for Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Tito Ortiz claims he is fighting Chael Sonnen under the Bellator banner. read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz will not take place at Bellator 165 in San Jose

Newly minted Bellator fighter Chael Sonnen got a little ahead of himself in announcing a fight with Tito Ortiz on Nov. 19 at Bellator 165. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz Set for Bellator in Los Angeles | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen will make his Bellator debut against none other than Tito Ortiz, officials confirmed on Tuesday evening. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Announced for Bellator 170: Comments, Reaction

Bellator will have perhaps the biggest night in its promotion history Jan. 21, when Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headline Bellator 170 in Los Angeles. Scott Coker, Bellator's president, announced the read news >>

Chael Sonnen Will Fight Tito Ortiz… in Bellator | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC Free agency is a confounding phenomenon for any sports fan, but particularly so in mixed martial arts. In other sports, free agency disorients fans’ emotional stability read news >>

Still Famous, Still Rich; Chael Sonnen Returns from the Principal's Office | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Chael Sonnen returns from a two-year suspension to face Tito Ortiz at Bellator 170 in January, and it appears he hasn't skipped a beat. read news >>

Kevin 'Baby Slice' Ferguson Jr. vents at 'insanely unprofessional' opponent after weight miss

Unsurprisingly, Kevin Ferguson Jr. is upset after scheduled Bellator 162 opponent Ray Bing today missed weight by nearly 17 pounds, resulting in the cancelation of their fight.Filed under: Bellator, read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz set for Jan. 21 in California as Bellator 170 headliner

As expected, “The Bad Guy” will indeed face “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.”Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Completes Main Card for Bellator's First Show in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

With Bellator’s groundbreaking fight in Israel just over a month away, the promotion on Tuesday announced a couple of updates to the fight card. read news >>

Bellator 162 live video stream and official results (7 p.m. ET)

• a day ago

Bellator 162 takes place today, and you can join us for a live video stream and official results beginning at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT, 6 p.m. CT local time).Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>