Quinton Jackson said he can’t be too upset about Tito Ortiz pulling out of their fight at Bellator 106 due to an injury, but “Rampage” was hopeful the organization would find a replacement and keep the event on pay-per-view.

As we reported earlier today, Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) fractured his neck and was forced out of the Nov. 2 headliner with Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), a fellow ex-UFC champ. Bellator MMA officials today announced the injury, as well as the event’s move to Spike TV and the promotion of the co-headliner between lightweight champion Michael Chandler and ex-titleholder Eddie Alvarez to the headlining slot.

However, Jackson told AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” on Friday that he was hoping his fight – and the PPV plans – could be salvaged.

“If I’m going to keep it real, I would have said, ‘Look, throw another opponent at me and still keep the PPV because I trained really hard for this and had my knees fixed,’” he said. “I wanted to show the world and the fans that still support me that I’m back. Everybody thought I was done after I lost my fight to ‘Shogun’ (Rua).

” … Throw somebody else in there like ‘Kimbo Slice,’ Houston Alexander, anyone in Bellator. … People talking about Tyrone Spong – I don’t know his name. Throw anybody in there. I’m ready. I’ll fight anybody. Pull Chuck Liddell out of retirement.”

Jackson was laughing as he said those final two names, but there was little doubt he sincerely wanted to stay on the card. Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said he hopes to get Jackson a fight soon, though no definitive plans have been set.

Ortiz, meanwhile, isn’t expected back in the cage until 2014.

“I hope Tito has a speedy recovery,” Jackson said. “I know how it is when you’re a warrior and you’ve been injured. Hell, I’ve been injured my last two fights. It’s not a pretty sight. It’s really hard.”

For more on Bellator 106, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Bellator 145: Emmanuel Sanchez vs. Justin Lawrence full fight video highlights

ST. LOUIS – Emmanuel Sanchez upset Justin Lawrence to kick off the Bellator 145 main card on Friday night. Check out video highlights from their fight inside. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 146 gets Houston Alexander vs. Guilherme Viana and five more prelims

The lineup for Bellator 146 is complete with the addition of one main card bout and five preliminary contests.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 145's Justin Lawrence: It 'took a couple days' to get over Pat Curran injury

Justin Lawrence admits he was devastated when he lost out on the biggest fight of his career at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Kimbo Slice headlines Feb. 19 Bellator event, Lashley or Thompson potential opponent

Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson is expected to return to the cage Feb. 19 in a Bellator headliner in Houston against an opponent to be determined.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lineup set for Bellator 146 with Derek Campos vs. Brandon Girtz rematch, six prelims

The lineup is set for Bellator’s return to Oklahoma next month with the addition of a lightweight rematch, plus six prelims. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Will Brooks supports Dustin Poirier not fighting at UFC Dublin: I'd do the same thing

Bellator champion Will Brooks is never afraid to speak his mind. And when it comes to Joseph Duffy’s last-minute withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 76 against Brooks’ friend and teammate Dustin Poirier, read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Headline Bellator Event in Houston: Details and Reaction

Kimbo Slice will headline the main event in Bellator MMA’s next tentpole Feb. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston, according to Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle. Slice’s opponent hasn’t been finaliz read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: Is there such thing as a 'code' inside the cage?

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, Quinton Jackson says Jon Jones is bad for the sport because he injures fighters with dirty moves. Is there a code of conduct fighters expect one another to follow? On read news >>

Michael Page sees Bellator title fight in future: 'Everyone's screaming for it to happen'

Michael Page added another victory to his undefeated resume at Bellator 144 this past weekend. Questions still remain, however, about how good Page really is.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Tim Kennedy rips Reebok deal, says he'd 'definitely' fight for Scott Coker in Bellator (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Kennedy, who says he hasn't gotten a check from Reebok, isn't exactly happy with the UFC right now. read news >>