Quinton Jackson said he can’t be too upset about Tito Ortiz pulling out of their fight at Bellator 106 due to an injury, but “Rampage” was hopeful the organization would find a replacement and keep the event on pay-per-view.

As we reported earlier today, Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) fractured his neck and was forced out of the Nov. 2 headliner with Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), a fellow ex-UFC champ. Bellator MMA officials today announced the injury, as well as the event’s move to Spike TV and the promotion of the co-headliner between lightweight champion Michael Chandler and ex-titleholder Eddie Alvarez to the headlining slot.

However, Jackson told AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” on Friday that he was hoping his fight – and the PPV plans – could be salvaged.

“If I’m going to keep it real, I would have said, ‘Look, throw another opponent at me and still keep the PPV because I trained really hard for this and had my knees fixed,’” he said. “I wanted to show the world and the fans that still support me that I’m back. Everybody thought I was done after I lost my fight to ‘Shogun’ (Rua).

” … Throw somebody else in there like ‘Kimbo Slice,’ Houston Alexander, anyone in Bellator. … People talking about Tyrone Spong – I don’t know his name. Throw anybody in there. I’m ready. I’ll fight anybody. Pull Chuck Liddell out of retirement.”

Jackson was laughing as he said those final two names, but there was little doubt he sincerely wanted to stay on the card. Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said he hopes to get Jackson a fight soon, though no definitive plans have been set.

Ortiz, meanwhile, isn’t expected back in the cage until 2014.

“I hope Tito has a speedy recovery,” Jackson said. “I know how it is when you’re a warrior and you’ve been injured. Hell, I’ve been injured my last two fights. It’s not a pretty sight. It’s really hard.”

For more on Bellator 106, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Bellator 159 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Caldwell vs. Taimanglo Card

• a day ago

"Baby" Joe Taimanglo has pulled the latest major upset in MMA. On Friday night in Mulvane, Kansas, the Guamanian knocked off Darrion Caldwell in the main event of Bellator 159 with a stunning third-r read news >>

Bellator 159 Results: Joe Taimanglo Pulls Off Stunning Upset Over Darrion Caldwell

• a day ago

Darrion Caldwell was submitted by Joe Taimanglo in an absolutely shocking upset 9 seconds into the third and final frame of the Bellator 159 main event. read news >>

Bellator 159 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Caldwell vs. Taimanglo Card

• a day ago

"Baby" Joe Taimanglo has pulled off the latest major upset in MMA. On Friday night in Mulvane, Kansas, the Guamanian knocked off Darrion Caldwell in the Bellator 159 main event with a stunning third- read news >>

One Top MMA Prospect Wins Debut, One Suffers Massive Upset Loss in Friday Action

• a day ago

Mackenzie Dern's fight on Friday could not have gone much better. Darrion Caldwell's could not have gone much worse. Even when the prospects are elite, as Dern and Caldwell both are, the issue is nev read news >>

• a day ago

Rampage Jackson vs. Satoshi Ishii Results: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 157

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson improved his Bellator record to 4-0 with a split-decision win over Satoshi Ishii in the main event at Bellator 157 on Friday. MMAjunkie.com tweeted out the scorecards from t read news >>

Bellator 157 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Dynamite 2 Card

Well, that was boring. In a less-than-entertaining main event at Bellator 157 in St. Louis, a fleshy Quinton "Rampage" Jackson took a split decision over Satoshi Ishii. The bout drew boos from the Sc read news >>

Watch: Michael Chandler Scores One-Punch Knockout at Bellator Dynamite 2

Bellator 157 was a bit of a slog for a while there. Sure, there were some fireworks in Matt Mitrione's debut opposite Carl Seumanutafa, but the middle of the card was ho-hum at best. Enter Michael Ch read news >>

Bellator Dynamite 2 Results: ‘Rampage’ Takes Split Decision, Michael Chandler Reclaims Lightweight Title

In a highly-competitive heavyweight main event at "Bellator: Dynamite 2," “Rampage” Jackson edged out Satoshi Ishii with a split decision victory on Friday night. read news >>

Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 Post-Fight Press Conference Video Replay

The Scottrade Center in St. Louis hosted Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 on Friday, which included kickboxing and MMA fights. Following the event, the big winners spoke to the media. read news >>