Radio (noon ET): Johny Hendricks, Curt Menefee, Joey Diaz, Joey Oddessa
MMAjunkie.com Radio today welcomes to the show UFC welterweight contender Johny Hendricks, as well as Curt Menefee, a FOX broadcaster who works Saturday’s UFC on FOX 7 event.
We also preview the big event with oddsmaker Joey Oddessa and comedian/MMA fan Joey “Coco” Diaz.
MMAjunkie.com Radio airs today from noon to 2 p.m. ET (9 to 11 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Listen to and watch a video stream of the two-hour show at www.mmajunkie.com/radio, or watch it live on select television markets as part of Fight Now TV.
MMAjunkie.com Radio listener guide:
view original article >>
- HOW TO LISTEN: Go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio and choose a streaming option (such as Windows Media Player or Quicktime) to listen to the show live. A countdown clock appears when the show is offline.
- HOW TO WATCH (ON WEB): Check out a live webcam of the studio while there. You can also listen to a live audio stream of the show when you activate the video feed.
- HOW TO WATCH (ON TV): MMAjunkie.com Radio is simulcast live on the upstart Fight Now TV cable station. Watch “MMAjunkie.com Radio Live” in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut as part of Cablevision’s iO Sports & Entertainment Pak on channel 464. (More cable partners will be added in the coming months.)
- HOW TO CALL: MMAjunkie.com Radio takes phone calls from listeners throughout the show. Call into the MMAjunkie.com Radio hotline at (702) 736-9461 or (702) 736-9463.
- HOW TO CHAT: To chat with the show’s hosts, guests and other MMAjunkie.com Radio listeners, launch the “Combat Chat” feature, which is available on the main radio page. You can discuss the show and even submit a question for the day’s guests while there.
- HOW TO DISCUSS: The MMAjunkie.com MMA Forums has a new section devoted solely to MMAjunkie.com Radio. Stop by the MMAjunkie.com Radio forum to discuss the show, interact with the hosts, suggest future guests and catch up on the latest MMAjunkie.com Radio news.
- HOW TO VISIT THE SHOW: You can watch MMAjunkie.com Radio live and in person at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino on the world-famous Las Vegas Strip. The booth is located in the resort’s Race & Sports Book next to the Mandalay Bay poker room. To plan a trip to Sin City and MMAjunkie.com Radio, go to www.mandalaybay.com.
MMAjunkie Radio today kicks off today at 11:30 a.m. ET (8:30 a.m. PT) with guests Johny Hendricks, Phil Baroni, Ray Sefo, Joey Oddessa and Mike Bohn.Filed under: News more
UFC welterweight kingpin Johny Hendricks drops in for an update on his injury status, but also adds, "If Dana says, ‘Johny, want to fight Chris Weidman?’ I’m not going to say no.” more
UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks is one step ahead of the game. After dropping a controversial decision to then champion Georges St-Pierre at UFC 167 in November, Hendricks scored a five-round decision victory over Robbie Lawler to take St-Pierre's forfeited title at UFC 171 March. Yet to make his first defense as champion, Hendricks believes he's already taken care of that.
"There's a sense of me that I sort of felt like Robbie Lawler was my title defense because of the Georges St-Pier more
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight champion Johny Hendricks believes his win over Robbie Lawler at UFC 171 was actually his first title defense, because "Bigg Rigg" insists he beat Georges St. Pierre at UFC 167. more
Rumor has it that former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has spent some of his time away from the cage adding some extra muscle.
St-Pierre first got the rumor-mill going when he posted this photo, captioned "Working on putting on some muscle mass," onto his Instagram profile: MMAfighting’s Ariel Helwani later confirmed on Twitter. It turns out that current UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks doesn’t care—there’s no way he sees himself losing to St-Pierre, 200 pounds or not, for more
UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks cleared to begin training and is looking forward to working his way through the contenders in the division. With his time on the sidelines close to running out, Johny Hendricks is looking forward to getting back into the octagon to defend his title.
The welterweight champion may have won the title very recently in his last octagon outing, but he believes that contest against Robbie Lawler served as his first title defense because he was robbed of the tit more
Ben Askren attended a UFC event, and he kept calling out Johny Hendricks while both were at the arena.
Ben Askren was in Vegas at a UFC event and was cornering one of his teammates at The Ultimate Fighter 19: Finale. That didn't stop him from calling out and making fun of the current UFC welterweight champion in Johny Hendricks, along with taking some jabs at Dana White for passing on signing him. Check out his series of tweets below: @danawhite ducking my heckling by sitting in the opposite sid more
I blame the wild hogs.
Former Bellator welterweight champion and current ONE FC headliner, Ben Askren, was in town over Fourth of July Weekend and made a stop by The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19 Finale, which took place on July 6, 2014, inside Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada (results here).
And that's about as close to the Octagon as "Funky" can get.
That's because the "bald man" was uninterested in signing the talented mat rat, which is unfortunate, considering Askren -- a 2008 Oly more
Ben Askren is one of the finest mixed martial artists on the planet, and his skills are so far only matched by his caustic tongue. The 13-0 fighter is not one to shy away from verbal wars, and he spends his time out of the cage poking and prodding at other fighters and promoters, attempting to stir up some controversy while finding amusement in the resulting chaos. While in attendance at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas for The Ultimate Fighter 19 finale, the current One FC welterweig more