Radach Out, Lawler Awaits New Opponent for Dec. 19 Strikeforce


  • Share on Tumblr
  • submit to reddit

D. Mandel/Sherdog.com

Benji Radach will not face off against Robbie Lawler in a featured middleweight bout at Strikeforce “Evolution” on Dec. 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

Radach’s agent, Ken Pavia, said the fighter still hasn’t been medically cleared to begin training again following surgery on his right hand last April. Radach, 30, broke his hand in multiple places during his third-round loss to Scott Smith at Strikeforce “Shamrock vs. Diaz” on April 11. Pavia said Radach would be cleared “soon” to resume training, but didn’t give a specific timeline.

Lawler is still expected to compete on Dec. 19. Monte Cox, Lawler’s manager, said the promotion has not confirmed a new opponent for the heavy-handed fighter yet.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told Sherdog.com Monday that Lawler’s adversary would be announced in the next couple of days.

Jake Shields submitted the 27-year-old Lawler in the first round of their headlining bout at Strikeforce “Lawler vs. Shields” on June 6 in St. Louis. Lawler, a UFC veteran and fan favorite, has won five of his last seven bouts (with one of those fights being ruled a no contest.)

The former EliteXC middleweight champion has three fights remaining on his contract with the promotion.

view original article >>

Related News

  • 25 days ago
  • 29 views

With the addition of three new bouts to the fight card, The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale could feature a lineup that’s light on cast members.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC more

  • 26 days ago
  • 50 views

Team Edgar teammates Corey Anderson and Patrick Walsh fought for a spot in the light heavyweight finals on the eleventh episode of The Ultimate Fighter 19. more

  • 26 days ago
  • 35 views

The end of the line has come for Eric Prindle and several other fighters, who are no longer on Bellator's roster. Bellator's house cleaning has extended beyond just ousting Bjorn Rebney and Tim Danaher. Earlier this week, the promotion confirmed the release of 19 fighters from its roster, most notably former heavyweight tournament winner Eric Prindle. The 38-year-old went on a run of just 1 win in his last 7 fights, and was stopped by James Thompson earlier this month. Prindle is best known, and more

  • 26 days ago
  • 28 views

Tonight, Cory Anderson takes on Team Edgar broski Patrick Walsh. It's almost over. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) returns with episode 11 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19, coached by Frankie Edgar and BJ Penn, later this evening (June 25, 2014) at 10 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1. Click here if you missed episode 10. Tonight, it's round two of the semifinals as Cory Anderson collides with Team Edgar stablemate Pat Walsh, but what would TUF be without a little reality show drama? Here's where we more

  • 26 days ago
  • 21 views

Bellator MMA significantly trimmed its roster recently, releasing 19 fighters from their contracts. more

  • 26 days ago
  • 42 views

But insists the releases were done prior to the hiring of former Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker. Bellator MMA, which fired Bjorn Rebney just last week, has also said goodbye to 19 fighters under contract for the Viacom-owned mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, including former title challengers Eric Prindle (heavyweight) and Anthony Leone (bantamweight). Here is the complete list of releases (via MMA Fighting): Eric PrindleAnthony LeoneRodrigo LimaFrank BacaNick KirkTravis MarxHiroshi NakamuraSerge more

  • 26 days ago
  • 27 views

Several names were removed from Bellator’s roster. Bellator officials confirmed to MMAFighting.com on Wednesday that 19 fighters were released from the promotion, including former title challengers Eric Prindle and Anthony Leone. The list was initially posted on Sherdog Forum. The list also includes Frank Baca, Nick Kirk, Travis Marx, Hiroshi Nakamura, Rodrigo Lima, Sergej Grecicho, Jared Downing, Jason Fischer, Tim Welch, Nathan Coy, Anthony Lemon, Trey Houston, Vaughn Anderson, Keith Berry, Je more

  • 27 days ago
  • 86 views

Check out the UFC on Fox 12 fight card, scheduled for July 26th in San Jose, CA. UFC on Fox 12 only has ten bouts attached to the card at the moment but it's already one of the deeper cards of the year in terms of potential excitement. The promotion is returning to San Jose on July 26th for the show, and the headliner will be what amounts to a number one contender fight at welterweight with Matt Brown taking on Robbie Lawler. Brown has won seven in a row, while Lawler rebounded from a title shot more

  • 28 days ago
  • 10 views

Visit fantasy.theultimatefighter.com/ to play... more