Quinton 'Rampage' JacksonQuinton “Rampage” Jackson may be approaching his final fight in the UFC, but he’s definitely taking it seriously.

In the past, Jackson has been accused of taking a somewhat lackadaisical approach to training, and even he has admitted that it’s not easy to get up every day and head to the gym for several hours.

Following his last fight in Japan however, Jackson says he learned a valuable lesson about listening to his body about when to compete and when not to compete, and it’s made him better as he moves forward in his career.

“Me losing my last fight due to an injury to such a weak opponent like Ryan Bader, I’ve got excuses for every loss I have, but you could tell I was injured,” Jackson told Inside MMA on Monday.

“But me losing to a guy like Ryan Bader has really lit a fire up under my ass. Now I’m staying in shape, I’m training all the time.”

A dislocated ankle kept Jackson from facing Glover Teixeira at UFC 153 in Brazil, and that was a clear case of the former UFC champion deciding to worry about health more than stepping into the cage for a fight.

“I’m not fighting injured no more,” said Jackson.

Now healthy again, Jackson has been training non-stop as he awaits word on a date for his next, and possibly final fight, in the UFC against Teixiera. It’s a fight that Jackson wants desperately, and he wants to serve notice that “Rampage” isn’t done just yet.

Jackson has been none too quiet about his desire to test free agency after his next fight in the UFC is over, and while he’s not bashing them as a company, he wants to see what other opportunities exist for him as a fighter and performer.

“I want to see what else is out there, I want to see if the grass is greener on the other side. I want to see. This is the last fight on my contract and I’m going to destroy Glover. My main focus is destroying Glover Teixeira,” said Jackson.

“UFC is a great company, I just don’t feel they are doing great things for me.”

Check out the rest of the interview with “Rampage” Jackson below where he also addresses Chael Sonnen‘s recent placement as TUF 17 coach against Jon Jones:

Glover Teixeira Focused on Anthony Johnson, Doesn’t Really Care About Jon Jones (UFC 202 Video)

Glover Teixeira could be lined up for a title fight is he gets past Anthony "Rumble" Johnson at UFC 202 on Aug. 20, but all everyone wants to talk about is Jon Jones. read news >>

The Question: Does Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Point to Divisional Woes?

UFC 202 is on Saturday, and if you haven’t looked closely, you might have missed the fact that there are other fights on the card aside from Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor. You can understand how that read news >>

Glover Teixeira Full UFC 202 Open Workout Scrum Video

After Glover Teixeira participated in the UFC 202 open workouts, he answered questions from the media about his co-main event bout against Anthony Johnson. read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 202

In a light heavyweight landscape without Jon Jones, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is the clear-cut No. 1 contender to Daniel Cormier's throne. That's the statement Johnson went about proving in the co-mai read news >>

UFC 202 Results: Anthony Johnson Flattens Glover Teixeira in 13 Seconds

Top light heavyweight contender Anthony Johnson made quick work of second ranked Glover Teixeira in the UFC 202 co-main event on Saturday in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 202 Fight Highlights: Anthony Johnson KO’s Glover Teixeira in 13 Seconds!

Check out the UFC 202 fight highlights from the bout between Anthony Johnson and Glover Teixeira. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Calls out Rumble Johnson After UFC 202 Win, Dismisses Jon Jones

Following Anthony Johnson's 13-second knockout of Glover Teixeira at UFC 202, Johnson immediately called for a rematch against champion Daniel Cormier, who was in the audience. Cormier took to Twitte read news >>

Kowalkiewicz focused on Rose, though rematch with Jedrzejczyk looms

Karolina Kowalkiewicz is focused on her fight against Rose Namajunas on Saturday in the co-main event at UFC 201. Though Kowalkiewicz knows a win on Saturday could lead to a fight with fellow Polish read news >>

Laser-focused Rodriguez ready for the bright lights

Yair Rodriguez's unorthodox fighting style has earned the attention from the MMA community. On Saturday, he'll put it on display in the main event at Fight Night Salt Lake City. read news >>

Where Are They Now? Episode 1: Tait Fletcher

UFC is airing mini-documentaries appropriately titled, Where Are They Now?, focused around fighters that appeared on The Ultimate Fighter but didn't make it in the UFC. read news >>