Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Focused on “Destroying Glover Teixeira”

• submit to reddit

Quinton 'Rampage' JacksonQuinton “Rampage” Jackson may be approaching his final fight in the UFC, but he’s definitely taking it seriously.

In the past, Jackson has been accused of taking a somewhat lackadaisical approach to training, and even he has admitted that it’s not easy to get up every day and head to the gym for several hours.

Following his last fight in Japan however, Jackson says he learned a valuable lesson about listening to his body about when to compete and when not to compete, and it’s made him better as he moves forward in his career.

“Me losing my last fight due to an injury to such a weak opponent like Ryan Bader, I’ve got excuses for every loss I have, but you could tell I was injured,” Jackson told Inside MMA on Monday.

“But me losing to a guy like Ryan Bader has really lit a fire up under my ass. Now I’m staying in shape, I’m training all the time.”

A dislocated ankle kept Jackson from facing Glover Teixeira at UFC 153 in Brazil, and that was a clear case of the former UFC champion deciding to worry about health more than stepping into the cage for a fight.

“I’m not fighting injured no more,” said Jackson.

Now healthy again, Jackson has been training non-stop as he awaits word on a date for his next, and possibly final fight, in the UFC against Teixiera. It’s a fight that Jackson wants desperately, and he wants to serve notice that “Rampage” isn’t done just yet.

Jackson has been none too quiet about his desire to test free agency after his next fight in the UFC is over, and while he’s not bashing them as a company, he wants to see what other opportunities exist for him as a fighter and performer.

“I want to see what else is out there, I want to see if the grass is greener on the other side. I want to see. This is the last fight on my contract and I’m going to destroy Glover. My main focus is destroying Glover Teixeira,” said Jackson.

“UFC is a great company, I just don’t feel they are doing great things for me.”

Check out the rest of the interview with “Rampage” Jackson below where he also addresses Chael Sonnen‘s recent placement as TUF 17 coach against Jon Jones:

This Wednesday's UFC Fight Night 45 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, is headlined by a lightweight clash between the Garden State's own Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone. This is a matchup with major title implications, therefore making it a pivotal scrap inside the Octagon at 155 pounds. Miller, the most recognizable face from Whippany, New Jersey's AMA Fight Club, enters the bout ranked as the No. 7 lightweight in the world, according to the UFC's official rankings. The 30-year-old was a dark-horse t more

The kickboxing champ showed up at UFC Dublin yesterday and told Dana White he wants just one fight in the Octagon.
Tyron Spong was last seen snapping his shin in a Glory kickboxing event but apparently he's well enough to show up backstage at yesterday's UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Brandao and ask UFC president Dana White for a chance to compete in the Octagon.
"I've got Tyrone Spong back here telling me, ‘Sign me for one fight,' White said at Saturday's post-fight press conference. "I want to more

The last time fans saw Tyrone Spong in action the result was a horrific injury. Now, UFC President Dana White is hinting that the next time we see Spong fight, it could be inside the Octagon.
While speaking at the post-fight press conference for UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Brandao, White surprised everyone by saying "The King of the Ring" Spong was in the building.
"I've got Tyrone Spong back here telling me, ‘Sign me for one fight,'" White said.
Spong last competed under the Glory promotion a more

A fight between Tim Kennedy and Yoel Romero -- two surging middleweights in the UFC -- has been booked for UFC 178, which is set to take place in Las Vegas. The Las Vegas Review first reported the bout.
Kennedy has won four fights in a row going back to his Strikeforce days, and is 3-0 in the UFC. He is coming off an impressive one-sided decision victory over Michael Bisping at the TUF Nations Finale in April. Kennedy currently sits at No. 6 on the media driven UFC rankings.
The Cuban wrestler R more

Glover Teixeira is looking to get back to work inside the cage, but he's taking the necessary time to make sure he'll be firing on all cylinders when that time comes.
The Brazilian powerhouse suffered a torn labrum in his loss to Jon Jones at UFC 172 back in May, in what resulted in one of the most lopsided defeats in the 34-year-old's career. The injury occurred in the early goings of the title tilt when the light heavyweight champion used a shoulder crank on the challenger while the two fighte more

“The Ultimate Fighter 8? winner Efrain Escudero is once again back in the UFC.Filed under: News, UFC more

At UFC Fight Night 46 in Dublin, Ireland, hometown favorite Conor McGregor will look to move closer to a featherweight title shot when he takes on Diego Brandao in the night’s main event. McGregor is 2-0 inside the Octagon and faces a dangerous opponent in The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 winner Brandao.
Before McGregor and Brandao throw down in the featherweight headliner, there are a number of fighters competing who haven’t looked so good lately and may need a win if they want to stay in the UFC more

Top welterweight prospect Gunnar Nelson took on Zak Cummings in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Brandao in Dublin, Ireland.
The last time Zak Cummings fought in the UFC, he ended the undefeated streak of Yan Cabral. Tonight in Dublin, Ireland he had the chance to do that again versus Icelandic standout and grappling wizard Gunnar Nelson in the night's co-main event.
In round 1, the two combatants spent their time largely in a striking battle. Nelson, placed in his usual karate more

According to UFC President Dana White, “every fighter in the UFC wants to fight in Ireland.” more