Bellator Fighting Championships has a valuable commodity in Alexandre Bezerra, a 24-year-old featherweight with star potential.

Bezerra (11-1, 3-0 BFC) will face UFC veteran Douglas Evans in a featherweight matchup at Bellator 57 on Saturday at the Casino Rama in Rama, Ontario, Canada. He has torn through his first three foes inside the promotion, finishing two of them -- Sam Jones and Jesse Gross -- inside one round. However, Bezerra chases perfection, not necessarily violent conclusions.

“I never go into my fights looking for the finish,” he said. “My main focus when I enter the cage is to make as few mistakes as possible. To me, it doesn’t matter how I win, just as long as I win.”

Bezerra (Pictured, File Photo) put away Scott Heckman with second-round punches at Bellator 49 in September and has not gone the distance in more than three years. Heckman entered the cage on a three-fight winning streak and had never before been stopped by strikes. Even so, a tapout remains Bezerra’s ending of choice.

“It definitely feels great to knock my opponent out, but because I came from a Brazilian jiu-jitsu background, I prefer the submission,” he said. “It’s a great feeling to feel another man tap inside the cage.”

On a career-best six-fight winning streak, Bezerra suffered his only professional defeat in 2009, when he submitted to an anaconda choke from current UFC lightweight Charles Oliveira in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Evans, a 31-year-old Alaskan, would like nothing more than to halt his run of success in the cage.

“I don’t think anything about Doug Evans, to be honest,” Bezerra said. “I really don’t know much about him. The opponent is not important. It’s all about me going out there and doing what I’m good at. I’m going to be very aggressive in this fight. I want to send a message with this win over Evans that I’m on the road to becoming the next Bellator featherweight world champion.”

Bezerra does not plan on allowing Evans to interfere with his goals.

“I don’t feel like Doug Evans is standing in my way,” he said. “Honestly, I don’t feel like there’s anyone or anything that can stop me from achieving my dream.”

A spot in the next Bellator 145-pound tournament seems all but a certainty for Bezerra, provided he does not stub his toe against Evans. He has his sights set on promotional gold, which currently rests around the waist of Joe Warren.

“Winning that Bellator title is going to mean everything to me,” Bezerra said. “It’s going to show that all the hard work and sacrifices I’ve had to go through to get there had been worth it.”

Brennan Ward open to Bellator title fight after concluding perfect year with Rizin win

Brennan Ward’s perfect year of competition, in which he defeated and stopped all four opponents he faced, has him hungry for that success to spill over into 2016.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Michael Page Returns in Bellator 151 Co-Main Event

The "Bellator 151: Warren vs. Caldwell" co-main event features the return of undefeated Michael "Venom" Page. read news >>

Fernando Gonzalez vs. Michael Page gets Bellator 151 co-main event spot

Michael Page will take the next step in his Bellator career when he faces streaking welterweight Fernando Gonzalez at Bellator 151.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Derek Anderson injured, Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire meets Ryan Couture at Bellator 148

An injury to Derek Anderson has forced him off Bellator 148’s main card and Patricky Freire will step in to face Ryan Couture at the Jan. 29 event.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Four preliminary-card bouts added to Bellator 148 in Fresno, Calif.

Bellator’s card in Fresno, Calif., later this month may have undergone a change at the top recently, but its prelims today continued to grow.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC contender Yoel Romero notified of potential USADA violation

UFC middleweight contender Yoel Romero is the latest fighter who’s possibly run afoul of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

USADA Informs Yoel Romero of Potential Out-of-Competition Anti-Doping Violation

Yoel Romero ended 2015 with a split decision win over Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza to set himself up for a possible middleweight title shot in 2016, but that may have just come to a screeching halt. On Tue read news >>

Reactions to Yoel Romero's potential testing failure (Kennedy, Bisping bring the fire)

UFC middleweight contender Yoel Romero was given notice of a potential USADA drug-testing failure today, and it’s news that apparently came as little surprise to many of his fellow fighters.Filed und read news >>

UFC Middleweight Contender Yoel Romero Notified of Potential Anti-Doping Violation

The United States Anti-Doping Agency on Tuesday informed the UFC of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation by middleweight contender Yoel Romero. read news >>

CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall: Latest News, Rumors on Potential Fight

UFC President Dana White revealed former WWE Superstar CM Punk will fight Mickey Gall in his first bout with the promotion provided Gall is victorious in his February debut. White announced the news  read news >>