Bellator Fighting Championships has a valuable commodity in Alexandre Bezerra, a 24-year-old featherweight with star potential.

Bezerra (11-1, 3-0 BFC) will face UFC veteran Douglas Evans in a featherweight matchup at Bellator 57 on Saturday at the Casino Rama in Rama, Ontario, Canada. He has torn through his first three foes inside the promotion, finishing two of them -- Sam Jones and Jesse Gross -- inside one round. However, Bezerra chases perfection, not necessarily violent conclusions.

“I never go into my fights looking for the finish,” he said. “My main focus when I enter the cage is to make as few mistakes as possible. To me, it doesn’t matter how I win, just as long as I win.”

Bezerra (Pictured, File Photo) put away Scott Heckman with second-round punches at Bellator 49 in September and has not gone the distance in more than three years. Heckman entered the cage on a three-fight winning streak and had never before been stopped by strikes. Even so, a tapout remains Bezerra’s ending of choice.

“It definitely feels great to knock my opponent out, but because I came from a Brazilian jiu-jitsu background, I prefer the submission,” he said. “It’s a great feeling to feel another man tap inside the cage.”

On a career-best six-fight winning streak, Bezerra suffered his only professional defeat in 2009, when he submitted to an anaconda choke from current UFC lightweight Charles Oliveira in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Evans, a 31-year-old Alaskan, would like nothing more than to halt his run of success in the cage.

“I don’t think anything about Doug Evans, to be honest,” Bezerra said. “I really don’t know much about him. The opponent is not important. It’s all about me going out there and doing what I’m good at. I’m going to be very aggressive in this fight. I want to send a message with this win over Evans that I’m on the road to becoming the next Bellator featherweight world champion.”

Bezerra does not plan on allowing Evans to interfere with his goals.

“I don’t feel like Doug Evans is standing in my way,” he said. “Honestly, I don’t feel like there’s anyone or anything that can stop me from achieving my dream.”

A spot in the next Bellator 145-pound tournament seems all but a certainty for Bezerra, provided he does not stub his toe against Evans. He has his sights set on promotional gold, which currently rests around the waist of Joe Warren.

“Winning that Bellator title is going to mean everything to me,” Bezerra said. “It’s going to show that all the hard work and sacrifices I’ve had to go through to get there had been worth it.”

Would Scott Coker welcome Dada 5000 back to Bellator? - MMA Plus

Bellator MMA President Scott Coker spoke about the potential return of Dada 5000, whilst squashing rumours of his drastic fight week weight-cut. read news >>

Bellator 153: Koreshkov vs. Henderson Video Preview

Take a look at three pivotal fights from Friday's Bellator 153, which includes welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov putting his belt up against Benson Henderson. read news >>

Undefeated Brent Primus Taking Aim at the Top of Bellator Lightweight Division

Undefeated Brent Primus is ready to get busy rising up the ranks, taking aim at the top of the Bellator lightweight division. read news >>

Michael Page and Fernando Gonzalez set to meet at Bellator 158 in London

Michael Page will take the next step in his Bellator career when he faces streaking welterweight Fernando Gonzalez at Bellator 158.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Matt Mitrione makes Bellator debut against Carl Seumanutafa at Bellator 157

Matt Mitrione will step into the Bellator cage for the first time at Bellator 157 when the heavyweight squares off with Carl Seumanutafa.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 153 results: Andrey Koreshkov dominates Benson Henderson to retain title

All the talk leading up to Bellator 153 revolved around Benson Henderson’s jump from the UFC to Bellator. Andrey Koreshkov put a five round beating on Henderson to retain his welterweight title and r read news >>

Twitter reacts to Benson Henderson's upset loss to champ Koreshkov at Bellator 153

Benson Henderson was supposed to make waves in the first fight of his Bellator career at Bellator 153. Apparently Andrey Koreshkov didn’t receive the memo. Check out the top reactions to Koreshkov’s read news >>

Bellator 153 Results: Andrey Koreshkov Routes Benson Henderson to Keep the Belt

Benson Henderson received a rude welcome from welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov at Bellator 153 on Friday night in Uncasville, Conn. read news >>

Andrey Koreshkov vs. Benson Henderson Results: Winner, Reaction for Bellator 153

When the Bellator brass decided to put new free-agent signing Benson Henderson in a title fight with Andrey Koreshkov, there was the potential for its reigning champion to receive a huge boost in pro read news >>

Bellator 153 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Koreshkov vs. Henderson Card

Bellator welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov was too big and strong for Benson Henderson on Friday night at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. The 25-year-old Russian dominated the form read news >>