Bellator Fighting Championships has a valuable commodity in Alexandre Bezerra, a 24-year-old featherweight with star potential.

Bezerra (11-1, 3-0 BFC) will face UFC veteran Douglas Evans in a featherweight matchup at Bellator 57 on Saturday at the Casino Rama in Rama, Ontario, Canada. He has torn through his first three foes inside the promotion, finishing two of them -- Sam Jones and Jesse Gross -- inside one round. However, Bezerra chases perfection, not necessarily violent conclusions.

“I never go into my fights looking for the finish,” he said. “My main focus when I enter the cage is to make as few mistakes as possible. To me, it doesn’t matter how I win, just as long as I win.”

Bezerra (Pictured, File Photo) put away Scott Heckman with second-round punches at Bellator 49 in September and has not gone the distance in more than three years. Heckman entered the cage on a three-fight winning streak and had never before been stopped by strikes. Even so, a tapout remains Bezerra’s ending of choice.

“It definitely feels great to knock my opponent out, but because I came from a Brazilian jiu-jitsu background, I prefer the submission,” he said. “It’s a great feeling to feel another man tap inside the cage.”

On a career-best six-fight winning streak, Bezerra suffered his only professional defeat in 2009, when he submitted to an anaconda choke from current UFC lightweight Charles Oliveira in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Evans, a 31-year-old Alaskan, would like nothing more than to halt his run of success in the cage.

“I don’t think anything about Doug Evans, to be honest,” Bezerra said. “I really don’t know much about him. The opponent is not important. It’s all about me going out there and doing what I’m good at. I’m going to be very aggressive in this fight. I want to send a message with this win over Evans that I’m on the road to becoming the next Bellator featherweight world champion.”

Bezerra does not plan on allowing Evans to interfere with his goals.

“I don’t feel like Doug Evans is standing in my way,” he said. “Honestly, I don’t feel like there’s anyone or anything that can stop me from achieving my dream.”

A spot in the next Bellator 145-pound tournament seems all but a certainty for Bezerra, provided he does not stub his toe against Evans. He has his sights set on promotional gold, which currently rests around the waist of Joe Warren.

“Winning that Bellator title is going to mean everything to me,” Bezerra said. “It’s going to show that all the hard work and sacrifices I’ve had to go through to get there had been worth it.”

Kimbo Slice headlines Feb. 19 Bellator event, Lashley or Thompson potential opponent

Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson is expected to return to the cage Feb. 19 in a Bellator headliner in Houston against an opponent to be determined.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Why Bobby Lashley isn't pining for a potential fight with Kimbo Slice

Outside the cage, Bellator heavyweights Bobby Lashley and “Kimbo Slice” share a relationship, one that’s cordial, but not necessarily close. Still, it makes at least one of them a little uncomfortabl read news >>

5 reasons to watch Bellator 146's 16 fights, with violent potential in main event

MMA fans who look at fight cards with 12 or 13 fights and think, “That’s nice, but I need more,” will be overjoyed when they see the lineup for Friday’s Bellator 146 event.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 146 gets Houston Alexander vs. Guilherme Viana and five more prelims

The lineup for Bellator 146 is complete with the addition of one main card bout and five preliminary contests.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 145's Justin Lawrence: It 'took a couple days' to get over Pat Curran injury

Justin Lawrence admits he was devastated when he lost out on the biggest fight of his career at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lineup set for Bellator 146 with Derek Campos vs. Brandon Girtz rematch, six prelims

The lineup is set for Bellator’s return to Oklahoma next month with the addition of a lightweight rematch, plus six prelims. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Oscar De La Hoya Wants to Promote Ronda Rousey's Potential Boxing Career

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey stated this week that her future athletic goals extend beyond the octagon, including a potential foray into boxing. If that happens, former world champi read news >>

Will Brooks supports Dustin Poirier not fighting at UFC Dublin: I'd do the same thing

Bellator champion Will Brooks is never afraid to speak his mind. And when it comes to Joseph Duffy’s last-minute withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 76 against Brooks’ friend and teammate Dustin Poirier, read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Headline Bellator Event in Houston: Details and Reaction

Kimbo Slice will headline the main event in Bellator MMA’s next tentpole Feb. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston, according to Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle. Slice’s opponent hasn’t been finaliz read news >>

Michael Page sees Bellator title fight in future: 'Everyone's screaming for it to happen'

Michael Page added another victory to his undefeated resume at Bellator 144 this past weekend. Questions still remain, however, about how good Page really is.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>