Bellator Fighting Championships has a valuable commodity in Alexandre Bezerra, a 24-year-old featherweight with star potential.

Bezerra (11-1, 3-0 BFC) will face UFC veteran Douglas Evans in a featherweight matchup at Bellator 57 on Saturday at the Casino Rama in Rama, Ontario, Canada. He has torn through his first three foes inside the promotion, finishing two of them -- Sam Jones and Jesse Gross -- inside one round. However, Bezerra chases perfection, not necessarily violent conclusions.

“I never go into my fights looking for the finish,” he said. “My main focus when I enter the cage is to make as few mistakes as possible. To me, it doesn’t matter how I win, just as long as I win.”

Bezerra (Pictured, File Photo) put away Scott Heckman with second-round punches at Bellator 49 in September and has not gone the distance in more than three years. Heckman entered the cage on a three-fight winning streak and had never before been stopped by strikes. Even so, a tapout remains Bezerra’s ending of choice.

“It definitely feels great to knock my opponent out, but because I came from a Brazilian jiu-jitsu background, I prefer the submission,” he said. “It’s a great feeling to feel another man tap inside the cage.”

On a career-best six-fight winning streak, Bezerra suffered his only professional defeat in 2009, when he submitted to an anaconda choke from current UFC lightweight Charles Oliveira in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Evans, a 31-year-old Alaskan, would like nothing more than to halt his run of success in the cage.

“I don’t think anything about Doug Evans, to be honest,” Bezerra said. “I really don’t know much about him. The opponent is not important. It’s all about me going out there and doing what I’m good at. I’m going to be very aggressive in this fight. I want to send a message with this win over Evans that I’m on the road to becoming the next Bellator featherweight world champion.”

Bezerra does not plan on allowing Evans to interfere with his goals.

“I don’t feel like Doug Evans is standing in my way,” he said. “Honestly, I don’t feel like there’s anyone or anything that can stop me from achieving my dream.”

A spot in the next Bellator 145-pound tournament seems all but a certainty for Bezerra, provided he does not stub his toe against Evans. He has his sights set on promotional gold, which currently rests around the waist of Joe Warren.

“Winning that Bellator title is going to mean everything to me,” Bezerra said. “It’s going to show that all the hard work and sacrifices I’ve had to go through to get there had been worth it.”

Video: Watch Chael Sonnen beat Tito Ortiz in 44 seconds ... in a 1998 wrestling match

When Chael Sonnen and Tito Ortiz face off at Bellator 170, it won’t be their first time meeting in athletic competition.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Veteran heavyweight Josh Barnett notified of potential USADA violation

The UFC today announced that USADA has notified UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from a Dec. 9 out-of-competition drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Josh Barnett Flagged for Potential Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett has been flagged for a potential anti-doping violation. UFC officials made the announcement on Tuesday. read news >>

Chael Sonnen passes pre-fight drug test for Bellator 170 headliner vs. Tito Ortiz

Bellator light heavyweight Chael Sonnen is off to a good start with his new promoter. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 170 lineup set with Derek Anderson-Derek Campos on main card, Ruth-Schneider on prelims

The lineup for next month’s Bellator 170 is official and complete with the addition of two more fights for card in Southern California.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen Fight Card Complete with 17 Bouts | MMAWeekly.com

The stacked main card of “Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen” has added even more ammo to its arsenal with the news that Derek Campos will face Derek Anderson. read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Mom Comments on Star's Potential Retirement After UFC 207 Loss

Following Ronda Rousey's stunning 48-second loss to Amanda Nunes in Las Vegas at UFC 207 on Friday night, Rousey's mother, AnnMaria De Mars, expressed hope her daughter would consider retirement. As read news >>

Tony Ferguson, Khabib Nurmagomedov Spar over Terms of Potential Blockbuster

Khabib Nurmagomedov is putting considerable money where his considerable mouth is, but Tony Ferguson isn't backing away from what he says he needs for their fight to happen. Nurmagomedov, who is know read news >>

Bellator 170: Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen Media Call Audio | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 170 main eventers Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen fielded questions from the media ahead of the Jan. 21 event at the Forum in Los Angeles. read news >>

Demi Lovato Left Luke Rockhold for a Guy from Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Let's hope Luke Rockhold doesn't take it too hard. At least not, for his sake, on the chin. read news >>