Promoter Says Kimbo Slice Has a Mean Streak That America Hasn’t Seen Since Mike Tyson


Kimbo Slice’s long awaited boxing debut will finally happen on Aug. 13 in Miami, Oklahoma, as the one-time street fighter turns to the sweet science.

Under Gary Shaw Productions and Tony Holden Promotions, Slice will make his professional debut in a four-round main event fight at the Buffalo Run Casino.

After making his name in street fight videos that gained millions of views on YouTube, Slice took a shot at mixed martial arts with varied results. Following his exit from the UFC last year, Slice took some time off to spend with family, film a movie, and let his body recover from years of athletic competition, but now he’s ready to get back in the ring.

“As I was last speaking to you guys when I was positioning Ray Edwards, I had known that Kimbo’s interest level had gone up back into boxing. What we didn’t tell anyone is that he had always continued training, not full-time training for a fight, but over the year he was training the intricacies and the nuances of the fight game and of the boxing game,” Jared Shaw, promotional advisor to Team Kimbo Slice, told MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday.

Slice will make his boxing debut, and Shaw, who also worked with the fighter during his time as a mixed martial artist when he was under the EliteXC banner, believes he has a big future in the sport as a heavyweight.

“I think Kimbo Slice has a load of potential. Obviously, he’s no spring chicken, but he is a hungry, hungry fighter with a mean streak that America hasn’t seen since Mike Tyson,” Shaw stated.

“The reality is this man wants his bread, and everybody who stands across from him in the ring, is in the way of the Kimbo Slice express.”

While no opponent has been named as of yet, the event will go down on Aug. 13 and ticket sales for the event begin July 5.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

  • 9 days ago
  • 52 views

It's been a long time since Kimbo Slice, aka Kevin Ferguson, last entered a mixed martial arts cage. The street fighting legend, who rose to national prominence with a string of internet brawl videos read news >>

  • 8 days ago
  • 9 views

Slice vs. Ortiz could very well be Spike TV's dream come true. Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Elite XC vet, Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, will make his return to the sport of mixed m read news >>

  • 14 days ago
  • 3 views

Kevin Ferguson, better known as Kimbo Slice, has reportedly been signed by Bellator. Neil Rooke of CombatPress.com first had the news, and MMA Junkie's John Morgan confirmed it: According to Rooke, t read news >>

  • 14 days ago
  • 324 views

Kimbo Slice has signed with Bellator, and will be returning to Mixed Martial Arts. You read that right. It's 2015, and Kimbo Slice is still making waves in MMA. According to a report from Combat Pres read news >>

  • 14 days ago
  • 11 views

Heavyweight fighter Kevin Ferguson – better known as “Kimbo Slice” to many veteran fight fans – is slated for a return to the cage, this time with Bellator MMA.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

  • 14 days ago
  • 4 views

Kimbo Slice is back. The street brawler turned UFC fighter, who hasn’t competed in MMA since 2010, has signed a deal with Bellator. CombatPress.com first reported the news, and sources close to the s read news >>

  • 14 days ago
  • 5 views

The six-million viewer man is back on Spike TV. And it was probably an easy sell, considering Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson was responsible for these "staggering" ratings on the cable television netwo read news >>

  • 13 days ago
  • 1 views

If 36-year-old Phil “CM Punk” Brooks can sign with the UFC, with zero mixed martial arts experience; why can’t 40-year-old Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson return? read news >>

  • 13 days ago
  • 8 views

After nearly five years away from mixed martial arts, Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson has signed with Bellator MMA. read news >>