Eddie Wineland vs George Roop at WEC 46Eddie Wineland fights to win.

And when he steps into the Octagon at UFC 155 on Saturday night, he sees that same “fight to win” type of fighter in Brad Pickett, his opponent.

“There’s people that come to ‘fight not to lose’ and then there’s people that come ‘to fight to win.’ I think Brad and myself are both people that come to fight to win,” Wineland said recently on MMAWeekly Radio.

That makes for a dangerous fight. Wineland is going to have to be at the top of his game every moment of the fight in order to walk out of the cage with a victory. But that’s how he wants it.

He doesn’t want to rack up 10 easy victories to try and get to a title shot. Wineland wants to fight the top fighters on deck now, put on the best fights that he knows how, and let the chips fall where they may.

“I think (Pickett’s) been fighting just as long as I have. He’s experienced, he’s smart, he’s a dangerous fighter,” said Wineland. “I’m not looking for easy fights; I’m looking to test myself. I want the best of the best. I think that’s both where we’re at. I think we’re both gonna go in and put a good show on.”

That’s why, despite back to back losses to Urijah Faber and Joseph Benavidez to start off his UFC career, Wineland believes he and Pickett are both just a step or two away from a possible bantamweight title shot.

“I think the winner of this is very deserving of a No. 1 contendership spot or No. 1 contendership fight,” Wineland told MMAWeekly.com.

Whether the winner is deemed next up for a title shot or not, however, Wineland is happy just to keep plowing forward. He has goals, to be sure, but the key goal is to keep on fighting.

“At the end of the day, as long as I’m fighting, I’m happy,” stated Wineland. “I do want the belt. I’m chasing the belt. So as long as I keep fight and I keep winning, they can’t really deny me that.

“I’m happy with the fight. I’m not here for easy fights. I want to test myself. I want to see what I’m capable of. At the end of the day, I’m gonna be there to have my hand raised.”

UFC's Dana White announces Antonio Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira's retirement

The UFC president unilaterally announced that he was through promoting fights featuring the Brazilian legend and offered Nogueira a career with the organization. UFC president Dana White announced th read news >>

Dana White 'done' giving Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira fights, will offer him UFC job

RIO DE JANEIRO – UFC President Dana White said fans have seen the last of former PRIDE and interim UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira inside the octagon. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, V read news >>

UFC 190: Results and Reactions from Biggest Fights on Rousey vs. Correia Card

Ronda Rousey retained her bantamweight championship and improved her record to 12-0 Saturday night at UFC 190 in what's become typical Rousey-fight fashion: unsparing, unrelenting and under a minute. read news >>

UFC 190 Results: Winners with Most Impressive Fights on Rousey vs. Correia Card

If you stayed up to watch the entirety of UFC 190 from start to finish, you deserve a piece of the "Performance of the Night" bonus. Sunday's pay-per-view card achieved the toxic combination of being read news >>

UFC 190 Results: What We Learned from Shogun Rua vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

The rematch of one of the best MMA fights in PRIDE history took place at UFC 190. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira went toe-to-toe. There was a feeling out process early, but they w read news >>

UFC 190 results: Gadelha beats Aguilar, Bigfoot snaps losing skid, Struve beats Big Nog

Check out the results of the first three fights on the UFC 190 pay-per-view main card at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Kicking off the UFC 190 pay-per-view was a #1 contender bout between read news >>

UFC 190 Results: What We Learned from Neil Magny vs. Demian Maia

One of the best fights on the UFC 190 card was Demian Maia vs. Neil Magny. While the event is largely comprised of fights between middling and/or aging veterans, Maia is still a relevant top-10 welte read news >>

Watch WSOF 22 Prelims fights online | Live WSOF.com free stream video

The "Prelims" bouts for WSOF 22: "Palhares vs. Shields" will stream live online today (Sat., Aug. 1, 2015) from Planet Hollywood Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, prior to the NBC Sports broadcast. It is read news >>

Watch UFC 190 fights online: Fight Pass, FOX Sport 1 'Prelims' channel finder

Prior to the "Rousey vs. Correia" mixed martial arts (MMA) pay-per-view (PPV) main card, which begins later this evening (Sat., Aug. 1, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, live from HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Br read news >>

10 reasons to watch the Rousey show and some other fights, or UFC 190 and WSOF 22

At the time of this writing, the main attraction for tonight’s pair of MMA events is a 14-1 favorite over her opponent. Check out the top 10 reasons to tune in to UFC 190 and WSOF 22 despite the long read news >>