UFC light-heavyweight competitor Phil Davis discussed his upcoming match-up against Glover Teixeira and why he was misquoted on his biased Brazilian judges comment.

It appears someone has pulled a fast one on Phil Davis.

The light-heavyweight competitor, who is scheduled to meet Glover Teixeira in the co-main event of UFC 179 in October, recently stated that he was a little worried about competing in Brazil due to their inherent bias for local fighters.

Now it seems as though Davis did not say those comments at all.

"I don't even know why that article got printed," Davis said in a media scrum following the UFC 179 ticket sales press conference. "I didn't say that. What I said was that ‘is there a homefield advantage? Yes.'  You have the crowd cheering for you. But that really doesn't matter because these guys come to America and they don't complain. I think its fair.

"I don't even understand why  - it's making me upset  - whoever printed that article, it's completely not what I said.  Either way, if you left it to the judges, and the judges have a subjective view of whom they think won and that is that. The judges are not intentionally biased."

While Davis is quite certain he did not mention any such comments, he did in fact make similar ones on Submission Radio.

"Do I worry about the judges? Absolutely I worry about the judges. Is it gonna be a fair fight? No it's not going to be a fair fight. Do I expect it to be, you know, uneven? Absolutely."

UFC 179 is scheduled to take place Oct. 25 at the Maracanazinho gymnasium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

From Around the Web

Report: Phil Davis eyeing move to Bellator

Grinding light-heavyweight contender Phil Davis could be heading to Bellator as MMAFighting have confirmed recent Twitter rumors insinuating of a departure from the UFC's mainstage. After Phil Davis' read news >>

Phil Davis on why he signed with Bellator: 'We fight people for money.'

The former UFC light-heavyweight says, money is the reason for his surprising jump to a smaller promotion. One of the bigger news this week was UFC light-heavyweight Phil Davis signing with Bellator read news >>

Maldonado says he had a 'good dream this afternoon' after Rampage fight was reconfirmed

Fabio Maldonado wrote on his Instagram that he had a good dream shortly after his fight against Quinton Jackson was officially rebooked at UFC 186. Call it a premonition, a hunch, or just intuition, read news >>

The MMA Hour - 275 - Tom Lawlor

Tom Lawlor reviews his WrestleMania experience and updates us on his career. read news >>

Norman Parke says he's fighting Gilbert Burns at UFC Fight Night 67 in Brazil

It appears the UFC’s May return to Brazil has its latest booking, and Norman Parke will be looking for a better result than his first trip there.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

Ryan Bader: I want to knock Daniel Cormier out and earn a title shot

UFC light-heavyweight Ryan Bader suggested that he is capable of knocking Daniel Cormier out. read news >>

With Gadelha out, Aisling Daly vs. Randa Markos official for UFC 186 in Montreal

As expected, Aisling Daly didn’t have to wait long to get a new fight after her previous fight fell through. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor gives his own special take on the infamous 'slap' of Jose Aldo

Dana White said Conor McGregor slapped Jose Aldo's back. Aldo said McGregor grabbed his hood. And McGregor? Well, he had a different interpretation of what he did altogether. "I heard I slapped him i read news >>

Tweets of the Day: This is how Khabib Nurmagomedov greeted Cowboy Cerrone on his birthday

Donald Cerrone just turned 32. This is how his next opponent, Khabib Nurmagomedov greeted him. Last Sunday, Donald Cerrone turned 32-years-old. His upcoming UFC 187 opponent in Khabib Nurmagomedov fo read news >>