Paul DaleyFollowing a close split-decision loss to Kazuo Misaki and his eventual release from Strikeforce, welterweight knockout artist Paul “Semtex” Daley is looking to move on and start a new chapter in his career.

“I’ve put that behind me,” said Daley. “I have my opinions on the fight, but it doesn’t matter now because it’s marked down on my record and there’s nothing I can do. The judges made their decision, there’s no appealing the commission, and so what’s done is done.

“I’ve had a lot of discrepancies in recent fights, but I’m not one to dwell on them. The fans enjoyed the fight, they know what I’m capable of, they have their opinion and I have my opinion. We just move on to the next.”

And what is next for Daley is his debut at Bellator 72 on Friday night in Tampa, Fla., against veteran Rudy Bears in what could be an explosive showdown if previous trends hold true. (Bellator 72 streams live on MMAWeekly.com.)

“If you look at the promotions (I debuted in) my starts have all been KOs,” said Daley. “If history is anything to go by, then it’s another knockout, but I’m not too worried about it. Rudy Bears is a tough guy, but I’ve trained hard and he hasn’t fought anybody of my caliber or faced the level of competition that I have.

“I’m obviously the favorite, but this is MMA and anything can happen, so I’ve got to be sharp and that I’m not too overconfident. I’m just there to take him as an individual fighter and not look at anything that came before.”

Daley pointed out to MMAWeekly.com that he while he doesn’t try to force a finish, it can be almost inevitable considering his skills.

“I throw my punches when I feel they’re going to land and when I feel they’re going to do damage; I don’t like to waste much,” said Daley. “I’m confident when something lands you’re going to get knocked out or you’re going to get knocked down and I’m going to ground and pound you or get a submission.

“I don’t think there’s anybody that hasn’t dropped by a clean shot. Everybody has at least dropped, even if I don’t get the finish immediately off that; everybody goes down. We’re going to bring the bad news to Rudy and I think he’s in for a rude awakening when I hit him.”

Having previously contended for championships in other promotions, Daley is willing to put in the work to get a title shot in Bellator.

“I definitely want to go through the tournament,” said Daley. “I’m old school MMA. I grew up on Pride’s tournaments with the confetti falling down and that’s still one of my greatest dreams. Bellator is as close to that as you get to a Pride GP nowadays. So to go through the tournament, win, get the big check and have all the silver bits falling down, is something that I want to do and something I can achieve.

“Every fight is a big fight for me. I’ve got a lot of not so much pressure, but I like to see my development and where I’m at. This year is the biggest year, and next year’s going to be (even bigger). I just want to get back busy, get back winning and get back entertaining.”

For more MMA News and MMA Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Bellator 170's Paul Daley says only nice things about Brennan Ward, but still plans to KO him

LOS ANGELES – Opponents don’t always need to be enemies in MMA. That’s no more evident than in Saturday’s Bellator 170 co-main event showdown between Paul Daley and Brennan Ward.Filed under: Bellator read news >>

Bellator 170's Brennan Ward says he and Paul Daley are incapable of being boring

You can understand why welterweight Brennan Ward is excited to fight Paul Daley at Bellator 170, and why the rest of the MMA world should be excited for it, as well. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Guilherme Vasconcelos hoping past losses have him truly ready for next level at Bellator 170

• 11 hours ago

Guilherme Vasconcelos might be getting a lot of attention these days for what he has going on outside the cage. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 170 results: Paul Daley knocks out Brennan Ward with flying knee, calls out Rory MacDonald

• 2 hours ago

INGLEWOOD, Calif. – Paul Daley promised to end his fight with Brennan Ward in spectacular fashion. That’s exactly what happened when he scored a highlight-reel flying knee knockout. Filed under: Bell read news >>

Paul Daley Scores 29th Career Knockout, Calls Out Rory MacDonald (Bellator 170 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

• 2 hours ago

Paul Daley rebounded from a decision loss to Douglas Lima in July by knocking out Brennan Ward in the first round of the Bellator 170 co-main event on Saturday. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Tito Ortiz's retirement-fight victory over Chael Sonnen at Bellator 170

• an hour ago

Tito Ortiz’s long and illustrious MMA career ended on a high on Saturday night. Check out the top reactions on social media.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 170 results: Tito Ortiz stuns Chael Sonnen, taps him out in first

• an hour ago

INGLEWOOD, Calif. – Tito Ortiz ended his long and decorated MMA career on a triumphant note, submitting Chael Sonnen in the first round with a rear-naked choke. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Results: Bellator 170 Winner, Scorecard and Reaction

• an hour ago

Sometimes a fight just means so much to someone they just find a way to win. Such was the case when underdog Tito Ortiz defeated Chael Sonnen in the main event at Bellator 170 by first-round submissi read news >>

Tito Ortiz Taps Out Chael Sonnen in Final Fight of His Career (Bellator 170 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

• an hour ago

It was Tito Ortiz's final trip to the cage when he faced Chael Sonnen at Bellator 170. He made it a memorable one. read news >>

Bellator 170 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Ortiz vs. Sonnen Card

• an hour ago

Bellator 170 will be remembered as the final sendoff for an MMA legend in Tito Ortiz. The Huntington Beach Bad Boy looked like a blast from the past in taking former UFC title challenger Chael Sonnen read news >>