Paul Daley, Melvin Manhoef sign with Bellator MMA; 'Semtex' calls out welterweight champion Douglas Lima


The Scott Coker affect is in full effect.

"No" UFC? No problem.

After competing overseas for the last two years, Paul Daley will make his way back stateside later this year, as "Semtex" announced on "The MMA Hour" earlier today (July 21, 2014) that he has inked a deal with Bellator MMA.

And it's all thanks to newly-appointed president of the Viacom-owned mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, Scott Coker; a guy Daley knows very well, having competed for him four times before during his time as head cheese for the now-defunct Strikeforce organization.

A very excited Daley offered up these details:

"After months of rumors of me returning to the states with a large American promotion I finally sealed the deal. My man Scott Coker and the man Mike Kogan, being an advisor and a big shout out to and "King Mo, as well, I'm returning to Bellator and working with Scott Coker. He's a terrific guy when I was there with him in Strikeforce. I'll be headed back this year over to Bellator and I'll be smashing some heads and knocking some people out. I'll be coming for Douglas Lima, even though Douglas Lima is a cool guy, I'm coming after him, I want the belt."

No exact date was given or Daley's return; however, he already has a fight scheduled for Sept. 13, 2014, under the BAMMA umbrella, a fight Daley says Coker will attend. Furthermore, Daley says once he completes his duties for BAMMA, he will likely be exclusive to Bellator, though he was careful to not reveal further details at the moment.

Daley hopes his new bosses will allow him to fulfill his commitments to K-1 and allow him to continue his kickboxing aspirations, too. His return to Bellator will signal his first fight on U.S. soil since Feb. 2013, which just so happens to be his first and only fight under the Bellator banner -- a first-round technical knockout win over Rudy Bears at Bellator 72.

The only thing that will prevent "Semtex" from competing stateside are his ongoing visa issues, though the British brawler is confident he will get them taken care of with the help of his new employers.

Those issues, though, weren't the only thing holding Daley back from fighting for Bellator during Bjorn Rebney's reign as the boss, as "Semtex" revealed that Rebney didn't like him too much. But, with Coker at the head of the table now, Daley gets another shot to make a splash in America.

Bellator also announced the signing of hard-hitting knockout (KO) artist Melvin Manhoef to a contract, another former Strikeforce employee of Coker's who has been competing overseas for the past three years. It's an exciting move that will definitely bolster the promotion's 185-pound division.

The latest signings are all a part of Coker's "big" plans -- such as this -- for Bellator.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 27 days ago
  • 11 views

Paul Daley is free to fight in the United States again. According to Bellator president Scott Coker, Daley (34-13-2) has finally been granted a working visa from the US government to resume his Bella read news >>

  • 12 days ago
  • 4 views

UNCASVILLE, Conn. – When Bellator MMA released long-disgruntled lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, many fans viewed at a wise public-relations move by new company president Scott Coker.Filed under: read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 1 views

Just days after Bellator President Scott Coker reinstated the women’s division Bellator has a new addition to the roster as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ace Talita Nogueira has joined the promotion. read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 0 views

The June appointment of Scott Coker as president of Bellator MMA left many wondering what was in store for the Viacom-owned mixed martial arts company. There was plenty of optimism. Coker brought yea read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 1 views

Scott Coker revealed last week that Bellator MMA was getting back into the business of women’s mixed martial arts. read news >>

  • 11 days ago
  • 397 views

During Friday’s Bellator 123 event, new Bellator MMA President Scott Coker announced an upcoming bout between veteran light heavyweights Tito Ortiz and Stephan Bonnar. Things only got weirder from th read news >>

  • 9 days ago
  • 1 views

Stephan Bonnar today apologized to Bellator MMA president Scott Coker for drawing negative attention toward the promotion in the wake of a publicity stunt designed to drum up interest in his fight wi read news >>

  • 8 days ago
  • 1 views

When Scott Coker took the reins at Bellator MMA, it was no secret that changes were on the horizon. The promotional renovations would, of course, include the fighters, but the overhaul also affected read news >>

  • a day ago
  • 6 views

Newly signed Bellator MMA middleweight Melvin Manhoef has knocked out a few people in his time. There’s one, however, that sticks out in his memory. Filed under: News read news >>