Pat Healy announced Tuesday in an official statement through his management that he tested positive for marijuana at UFC 159.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, its fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy wrote. “I was fully aware of the UFC and state commission’s drug policies, and [I] made poor life choices.

“I stand behind the UFC and the state commission's disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete. First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana, and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and state commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Sherdog.com reached Healy for comment on Tuesday evening, and the lightweight confirmed that he has been suspended for 90 days, while his victory will be changed to a no-contest. However, Sherdog.com was unable to verify that information with New Jersey State Athletic Control Board counsel Nick Lembo, who declined to comment on the matter at this time.

Healy, 29, upset the favored Miller at UFC 159, stopping the highly-regarded New Jersey native with a third-round rear-naked choke at the April 27 event, which took place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The victory marked the seventh straight triumph for Healy, who earned his first UFC win following nearly seven years away from the promotion. The performance netted the Oregonian $130,000 in post-fight bonus money, as Healy took home both “Submission of the Night” and “Knockout of the Night” honors.

Cain Velasquez gives his side of the story on UFC 207 withdrawal

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez posted a statement on his official Facebook page to explain his side of the story on the cancelation of his rematch with fellow ex-champ Fabricio Werdum read news >>

UFC signs new partnership with Brazil sports and entertainment leader IMM

UFC announced a multi-year partnership with Brazilian event operator IMM. IMM, a joint venture between Mubadala Development and WME|IMG, will oversee event operations for all UFC Brazil events beginn read news >>

Two changes to Phoenix fight card

Injuries have forced a pair of changes to the Jan. 15 UFC Fight Night card in Phoenix, the promotion announced today. read news >>

It's official: Ronda Rousey will not take part in UFC 207 media activities

It looks like Ronda Rousey is going to keep up her MMA media blackout right through fight week at UFC 207.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Veteran heavyweight Josh Barnett notified of potential USADA violation

The UFC today announced that USADA has notified UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from a Dec. 9 out-of-competition drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Holly Holm Ready to 'Make a Statement Again' at UFC 208 (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

After UFC on FOX 22, Holly Holm discusses how her women’s featherweight title fight with Germaine de Randamie came together and her thoughts on Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Amanda Nunes: 'I'm Going to Make a Statement (UFC 207 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Amanda Nunes is ready to make another statement next week. "The Lioness" defends her title for the first time against former champ Ronda Rousey at UFC 207. read news >>

Nunes vs. Rousey: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 207

The weigh-ins are over, the main event is official, the only thing left to do is get Amanda Nunes and Ronda Rousey in the Octagon to fight for the bantamweight title Friday night. Both Nunes and Rous read news >>

Marquee Fighters Gear Up for UFC 207 Fight Week (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Women's bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes happily gets her official fight week duties underway. Bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz packs for Vegas. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Earns Bonus for Finishing Ronda Rousey (UFC 207 Fighter Bonuses) | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the fighter bonuses stemming from Friday's UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey pay-per-view following the event. read news >>