Pat Healy announced Tuesday in an official statement through his management that he tested positive for marijuana at UFC 159.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, its fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy wrote. “I was fully aware of the UFC and state commission’s drug policies, and [I] made poor life choices.

“I stand behind the UFC and the state commission's disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete. First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana, and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and state commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Sherdog.com reached Healy for comment on Tuesday evening, and the lightweight confirmed that he has been suspended for 90 days, while his victory will be changed to a no-contest. However, Sherdog.com was unable to verify that information with New Jersey State Athletic Control Board counsel Nick Lembo, who declined to comment on the matter at this time.

Healy, 29, upset the favored Miller at UFC 159, stopping the highly-regarded New Jersey native with a third-round rear-naked choke at the April 27 event, which took place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The victory marked the seventh straight triumph for Healy, who earned his first UFC win following nearly seven years away from the promotion. The performance netted the Oregonian $130,000 in post-fight bonus money, as Healy took home both “Submission of the Night” and “Knockout of the Night” honors.

Diego Brandao tests positive for marijuana metabolites after UFC 195 loss

Diego Brandao looked to be on his way to a win over Brian Ortega before a third-round mistake landed him in a fight-ending triangle choke. That wasn’t the only issue for Brandao that night.Filed unde read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw vs. Cruz Weigh-in Live on Saturday at 4 PM ET

Watch the Fight Night: Dillashaw vs. Cruz official weigh-in streaming live from the Wang Theatre in Boston on Saturday at 4 p.m. ET/1p.m. PT. read news >>

Video replay: UFC Fight Night 81 fighter weigh-ins in Boston

BOSTON – Check out a video replay of today’s official UFC Fight Night 81 fighter weigh-ins.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Champ Jedrzejczyk, Gadelha announced as 'TUF 23' coaches, rematch on July 8

For just the second time in the history of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series female coaches will take the helm for two teams of up-and-coming fighters.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Hector Lombard vs. Neil Magny Takes UFC Brisbane Co-Main Event Slot

The UFC on Monday announced that a pivotal welterweight bout between Hector Lombard and Neil Magny would fill the co-main event slot at UFC Fight Night 84. read news >>

UFC 196's official lineup, extended video preview for Werdum-Velasquez II

Check out the official 13-bout lineup and extended video preview for UFC 196, the organization’s next pay-per-view event.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

BJ Penn Officially Ends UFC Retirement: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC Hall of Famer and former two-division champion BJ Penn officially announced his return to the Octagon on Tuesday. Per an interview on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani (via MMAFighting's Shaun Al-S read news >>

WSOF 28 heads to California with Marlon Moraes vs. Joseph Barajas title bout

WSOF has announced the headliner and co-headliner for WSOF 28, which takes place in California on Feb. 20.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Alvarez take No. 1 at lightweight in latest rankings

In the official UFC rankings release Tuesday, Eddie Alvarez made a three-spot jump to the No. 1 position in the lightweight division, passing No. 2 Khabib Nurmagomedov and Anthony Pettis, who falls t read news >>

Video: McGregor-dos Anjos, Holm-Tate face off before UFC 197 in Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS – Now things are official. The UFC 197 pair of title fights had been announced, but now we're really underway. Today in Las Vegas, lightweight champion [autotag]Rafael dos Anjos[/autotag] ( read news >>