Pat Healy announced Tuesday in an official statement through his management that he tested positive for marijuana at UFC 159.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, its fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy wrote. “I was fully aware of the UFC and state commission’s drug policies, and [I] made poor life choices.

“I stand behind the UFC and the state commission's disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete. First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana, and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and state commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Sherdog.com reached Healy for comment on Tuesday evening, and the lightweight confirmed that he has been suspended for 90 days, while his victory will be changed to a no-contest. However, Sherdog.com was unable to verify that information with New Jersey State Athletic Control Board counsel Nick Lembo, who declined to comment on the matter at this time.

Healy, 29, upset the favored Miller at UFC 159, stopping the highly-regarded New Jersey native with a third-round rear-naked choke at the April 27 event, which took place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The victory marked the seventh straight triumph for Healy, who earned his first UFC win following nearly seven years away from the promotion. The performance netted the Oregonian $130,000 in post-fight bonus money, as Healy took home both “Submission of the Night” and “Knockout of the Night” honors.

UFC Releases Statement on Brock Lesnar's Doping Test Ahead of UFC 200

The UFC released a statement Tuesday on its official website updating the status of superstar Brock Lesnar's in-competition drug test: The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Dopin read news >>

Jon Jones' B Sample Tests Positive: Latest Comments, Reaction

The sports world was rocked Wednesday when the UFC pulled Jon Jones off Saturday's UFC 200 card for a potential doping violation. On Friday, the United States Anti-Doping Agency confirmed to ESPN's B read news >>

UFC and Snapchat Enter Multi-Year Social Media Partnership

UFC on Friday announced a multi-year partnership with Snapchat through which the social media company will cover a selection of events via its ‘Live’ product. read news >>

Anthony Johnson and Glover Teixeira Moved to UFC 202, Cowboy Cerrone vs. Rick Story Added to Fight Card

The UFC announced on Monday that the light heavyweight bout between contenders Anthony Johnson and Glover Teixeira, originally scheduled for July 23, will now be the UFC 202 co-main event. read news >>

Unbeaten Prospect Phil Hawes Makes Quick Turnaround, Faces Louis Taylor at WSOF 32

World Series of Fighting announced today that undefeated prospect Phil Hawes will make a quick turnaround and step back in the decagon cage just six weeks after his promotional debut. read news >>

UFC Statement on Daniel Omielanczuk

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency informed Daniel Omielanczuk of a potential Anti-Doping Policy Violation involving Meldonium, a prohibited substance on the Wor read news >>

UFC Statement on Islam Makhachev

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has lifted Islam Makhachev’s provisional suspension due to recent WADA statements regarding the handling of Meldonium cases. read news >>

Tweets of the Week - 7/1

A look at the best tweets from the world of UFC. Follow @ufc, the list of official UFC accounts, and the list of UFC fighters to keep up with these guys and gals. read news >>