Pat Healy announced Tuesday in an official statement through his management that he tested positive for marijuana at UFC 159.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, its fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy wrote. “I was fully aware of the UFC and state commission’s drug policies, and [I] made poor life choices.

“I stand behind the UFC and the state commission's disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete. First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana, and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and state commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Sherdog.com reached Healy for comment on Tuesday evening, and the lightweight confirmed that he has been suspended for 90 days, while his victory will be changed to a no-contest. However, Sherdog.com was unable to verify that information with New Jersey State Athletic Control Board counsel Nick Lembo, who declined to comment on the matter at this time.

Healy, 29, upset the favored Miller at UFC 159, stopping the highly-regarded New Jersey native with a third-round rear-naked choke at the April 27 event, which took place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The victory marked the seventh straight triumph for Healy, who earned his first UFC win following nearly seven years away from the promotion. The performance netted the Oregonian $130,000 in post-fight bonus money, as Healy took home both “Submission of the Night” and “Knockout of the Night” honors.

Brock Lesnar Refuses to Rule Out UFC Return

Though he's currently embroiled in trouble resulting from positive drug tests, WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar hasn't written off a possible return to the Octagon. read news >>

Watch the UFC 201: Lawler vs. Woodley Weigh-In Streaming Live at 4 PM ET

Watch the UFC 201 official weigh-in on Friday, streaming live from the FOX Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia at 4 p.m. ET. read news >>

UFC Fighter Ricard Abreu Receives Two-Year Suspension for Steroid Use

USADA announced on Friday that UFC athlete Ricardo Abreu, of Albuquerque, N.M., has received a two-year sanction for an anti-doping policy violation. read news >>

Tweets of the Week - 7/29

A look at the best tweets from the world of UFC. Follow @ufc, the list of official UFC accounts, and the list of UFC fighters to keep up with these guys and gals. read news >>

Brock Lesnar’s MMA Career is Done

Unless Brock Lesnar is somehow completely exonerated for testing positive to a banned substance, he is done with MMA. read news >>

The UFC's Polish Invasion Is Official After UFC 201

Don’t look now everyone, but here comes…Poland? Yes, after years of producing gritty, rugged characters who generally amounted to enhancement talent, Poland has become something of a little country t read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson Announced: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Rafael Dos Anjos will face Tony Ferguson in a five-round lightweight clash in the headline bout of the UFC's event at Mexico City's Arena Ciudad de Mexico on Saturday, November 5. UFC Europe relayed read news >>

Michael Bisping Announces Fight with Dan Henderson in Manchester

Though the UFC has yet to make it official, Michael Bisping took it upon himself to announce his title defense against Dan Henderson. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 92 Weigh-in Live from Salt Lake City at 7 PM ET

Watch the UFC Fight Night Salt Lake City official weigh-in streaming live on Friday at 7 p.m. ET from the Vivint Smart Home Arena. read news >>

RFA 42 Gets New Headliner

Resurrection Fighting Alliance (RFA) president Ed Soares announced on Friday that there has been a change at the top of RFA 42 read news >>