Pat Curran will return to the cage on April 4 to defend his Bellator featherweight championship against Daniel Straus at Bellator 95.

Promotion officials announced the booking Wednesday, also confirming that former welterweight champion Lyman Good will compete against Dante Rivera and UFC veteran Tom DeBlass will face Carlos Brooks. A women’s bout between Jessica Eye and Munah Holland will also go down at the event, which takes place at Revel in Atlantic City, N.J., and airs live on Spike TV.

Curran’s April 4 meeting with Straus marks the second time the men will oppose each other in the cage. The featherweights first met in 2009 in the Illinois-based Xtreme Fighting Organization, with Curran collecting a second-round knockout.

Curran, 25, joined Bellator the following year and won the Season 2 lightweight tournament before coming up short against then-champion Eddie Alvarez. The setback prompted Curran to cut to 145 pounds, where he has won five straight fights. The two-division tournament winner wrested Bellator’s featherweight title from Joe Warren last year and successfully defended it for the first time on Jan. 17, taking a hard-fought unanimous decision victory from Patricio Freire in Bellator’s inaugural bout on Spike TV.

“This may end up being the most challenging fight I’ve faced up to this point,” Curran stated in a release. “Daniel is going to make for a very tough challenge, but I know what I’m capable of. I feel like I’m always growing as a fighter, and the sky is really the limit for me. I’ve got the belt, and I’m not letting anyone take it away from me.”

Straus, 28, has lost just once since his 2009 defeat to Curran, falling in the Season 4 tournament finals to Freire. Five straight wins would follow the loss, as Straus captured the Season 6 crown and most recently dominated UFC veteran Alvin Robinson en route to a second-round submission this past October at Bellator 78.

“Fighting for the Bellator featherweight title against Pat just signifies how my career has come full circle,” Straus said. “It was my loss to Pat that motivated me to become a better fighter. Now I get to see how much better I’ve actually gotten. Getting a chance to show my skills on Spike TV is a huge opportunity for me. The stage keeps getting bigger, and the viewers are growing. I welcome the challenge to perform well in front of millions against one of the world’s best featherweights. I feel I have a lot to provide in this fight, and I intend on doing so.”

Little Things Mean a Lot in Daniel Straus’ Journey Back to Bellator Belt

Daniel Straus hasn't hide time to revamp his game since he last fought Patricio Pitbull, but he didn't need to. read news >>

Who Ya Got?!? Fighters predict Patricio 'Pitbull' vs. Daniel Straus 3 at Bellator 145

ST. LOUIS – We checked in with some of the fighters at Bellator 145 to get their thoughts on who will walk away with the featherweight belt in Friday’s main event – Patricio “Pitbull” or ex-champ Dan read news >>

Daniel Straus on Bellator champ 'Pitbull': 'Just a short guy that can punch hard'

Daniel Straus said he doesn’t view Friday’s Bellator 145 featherweight championship showdown with Patricio Freire as a last chance or do-or-die opportunity.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Daniel Straus on Bellator champ 'Pitbull': I would've 'smacked the sh-t out of him'

Bellator lightweight champion Patricio Freire had a run-in with Will Brooks earlier this week. Freire’s actual opponent, Daniel Straus, suggested the champ is lucky he didn’t run into him first.Filed read news >>

Bellator 145: Daniel Straus vs. Patricio Freire full fight video highlights

ST. LOUIS – In what was at times a classic brawl, Daniel Straus won the featherweight title with a unanimous decision win over champ Patricio Freire at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Daniel Straus Takes Featherweight Title from Patricio Freire

Daniel Straus went to war with Patricio Freire for 25 minutes before grabbing a unanimous decision to earn belt at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis on Friday night. read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Freire vs. Straus 3

Daniel Straus finally got it right. On Friday night in St. Louis, Missouri at Bellator 145, Straus defeated long-time nemesis and reigning featherweight champion Patricio "Pitbull" Freire via unanimo read news >>

Bellator 145 event highlights: Daniel Straus wrests title from 'Pitbull' Freire in slugfest

Bellator returned on Friday with a a pair of title fights in St. Louis – and crowned a new champion in the main event.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Photo: New Bellator champ Daniel Straus badly broke his hand

After reclaiming his title in a grueling five-round affair, Daniel Straus’ revelation of a first-round hand break is all the more surprising. Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Daniel Straus Won the Bellator Belt with a Clipped Wing

Daniel Straus finally got a victory of Patricio "Pitbull" Freire and recaptured the Bellator belt, but it wasn't without a price. read news >>