Pat Curran vs Patricio Pitbull
After capturing the Bellator Featherweight Championship with one of the most devastating knockouts in Bellator history, Pat Curran is set for his first title defense when he takes on Patricio Pitbull at Bellator 73 on August 24th.

“This will be an offensive clinic between two devastating finishers,” Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney said. “Both Pat Curran and Patricio Pitbull can finish with relentless strikes or vicious submissions. This is a fight between two of the best Featherweights in MMA and will be a title fight to remember.”

Widely regarded as one of the top featherweights in the world, Curran’s road to the title was an impressive one. After an incredible Peruvian necktie submission victory over Luis Palomino in the Bellator Season 5 quarterfinals, Curran collected a unanimous decision win over Ronnie Mann. With the victory, Curran secured a spot in the Featherweight Finals against Marlon Sandro. Curran pushed the pace early, and in the second round delivered a devastating, highlight-reel roundhouse kick to the head of Sandro that earned the Crystal Lake, Ill. product his eventual title shot against Warren at Bellator 60.

After two back and fourth rounds, Curran delivered a barrage of strikes that ended the fight in the third round and earned Curran the Bellator Featherweight Title.

“This fight with Patricio is one I’ve been looking forward to for a while,” Curran said. “This will be my first title defense, and I just want to get back in the cage and keep developing as a fighter. Pitbull is an outstanding fighter, so this should be a great fight.”

For Pitbull, the explosive Brazilian has been away from the cage for over a year after suffering a broken hand that kept the 17-1 striker out of action. After collecting his title shot with a dominating run through the Bellator Season 4 Featherweight Tournament, to say Pitbull is eager to get back in the cage would be an understatement.

“I’m very happy and relieved this fight is finally happening,” said Pitbull. “I’ve been through a lot with my hand injury and can’t wait to get back in the cage. I’m 100 percent now and all I want is to fulfill my dream of getting the belt and pay tribute to my late teacher Bruno Gouvea. He’s the reason I’m here today and he’ll be with me in spirit cageside watching his work pay off. All is can say is Pat better be ready. I’ve never been so motivated for a fight, and I’ve never wanted the belt so much.”

Bellator 145's Justin Lawrence: It 'took a couple days' to get over Pat Curran injury

Justin Lawrence admits he was devastated when he lost out on the biggest fight of his career at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire meets Derek Anderson at Bellator 147 in San Jose

Next month’s Bellator 147 card in California has a lightweight rematch added to the main card. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Will Brooks supports Dustin Poirier not fighting at UFC Dublin: I'd do the same thing

Bellator champion Will Brooks is never afraid to speak his mind. And when it comes to Joseph Duffy’s last-minute withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 76 against Brooks’ friend and teammate Dustin Poirier, read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Headline Bellator Event in Houston: Details and Reaction

Kimbo Slice will headline the main event in Bellator MMA’s next tentpole Feb. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston, according to Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle. Slice’s opponent hasn’t been finaliz read news >>

Michael Page sees Bellator title fight in future: 'Everyone's screaming for it to happen'

Michael Page added another victory to his undefeated resume at Bellator 144 this past weekend. Questions still remain, however, about how good Page really is.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Ross Pearson meets Francisco Trinaldo at UFC Fight Night 81 in Boston

A new lightweight bout will be on tap when the UFC ships up to Boston once again in January. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Tim Kennedy rips Reebok deal, says he'd 'definitely' fight for Scott Coker in Bellator (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Kennedy, who says he hasn't gotten a check from Reebok, isn't exactly happy with the UFC right now. read news >>

Rose Namajunas replaces Joanne Calderwood, meets Paige VanZant at UFC Fight Night 80

Heavily promoted UFC strawweight prospect Paige VanZant has a new opponent for her first UFC headliner.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 145's Michael Chandler: 'I just know I'm better than Will Brooks'

Bellator executives haven’t come right out and told Michael Chandler what he’s fighting for at Bellator 145 next week, other than a paycheck and a possible win on his resume.Filed under: Bellator, Ne read news >>